MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
rideForrestride

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Motorcyclist Murdered Last Night

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...p?cmpid=hpfsln

A 21-year-old Spring resident who allegedly shot a neighbor to death in a road-rage incident has been charged with murder.

Christopher E. Braughton was taken into custody after the incident about 10:25 p.m. Friday in the 23700 block of Greenland Oak Court, authorities said.

Deputies from the Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office responded to the scene that reportedly was triggered by a road rage incident, according to a news release from the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

The alleged road rage involved Braughton's father, who was driving a small vehicle, and another man, who was riding a motorcycle, the release said.

Witnesses told deputies that the motorcyclist, whose name has not been released, and the suspect's father got into a physical altercation on the road in front of the victim's house. Braughton allegedly came out of his residence carrying a handgun, the release said.

The victim began backing away with his hands in the air when the suspect fired his gun, striking the motorcyclist once in the torso, according to the news release.

Deputies questioned the suspect, whose attorney advised him not to make a statement, the release said.

The Harris County District Attorney's Office accepted a charge of murder on the suspect who was placed in the Harris County Jail.
rideForrestride is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
motorcyclist robbed and shot last night RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 66 03-22-2014 12:11 PM
Motorcyclist Killed Last Night J.J. McQuade General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 01-03-2013 01:01 PM
Motorcyclist hits Truck Saturday night Fatality ParAvion General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 04-20-2009 07:09 AM
Why Murdered out? RojerLockless Off Topic 38 03-05-2009 01:40 PM
motorcyclist dies after attending funeral for another motorcyclist RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 11-05-2007 07:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=258333

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

2. versions. Hmm
Old 05-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
ZX-Dominance

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1 (wifey)
2007 ZX-6R (track)
2008 Speed Triple White Knight (sold)
2008 CBR1000RR "Red Rocket"
2005 SV1000S (sold)

I'm going to go with the earlier one. Don't follow a MFer to his house at 10:30 looking for trouble.. in TX.. that will get you shot.
ZX-Dominance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
j_e_hurst
Josh

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

I wouldn't ever follow someone home. That's asking for trouble. I've had people attempt to follow me before in my truck. I'll make a few random turns to see of they continue then pull over to see if they stop and try to approach me. Pistol in hand the whole time. They've always kept going when i stop. Sucks the guy got shot. What probably got the murder charge was the motorcyclist backing away with his hands in the air. Who knows...
Old 05-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

I agree when he was backing away with his hands in air and got shot, he is prolly fuct, I would guess, The kid might beat it, but it is gonna financially ruin the family, bad situation all around
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #7
Jefe

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'12 Haro Flightline 29er
'09 R6 (sold)
'07 V-Star 1100 Custom (sold)
'01 F4i (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-Dominance View Post
I'm going to go with the earlier one. Don't follow a MFer to his house at 10:30 looking for trouble.. in TX.. that will get you shot.
+1.

Last edited by Jefe; 05-25-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #8
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-Dominance View Post
Eh, I see it differently.
Since when did the pussification of America take place that a fist fight requires a gun?
Using a gun to stop a fist fight is murder, period.
Especially with incoming news now that the alleged assailant raised his hands and backed off when confronted with the gun.
I'm a huge supporter of the 2A but there are a bunch of asshats that should not have a weapon.
Unfortunately one guy paid with his life and one will pay by going to prison for a long time.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
TheBeeDeeGee

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600 F4i
2001 RC51 *sold :(
2002 VFR 800 *sold
2002 919 *sold
2006 599 * wrecked

AMERICA, YEAH!

Yay, everyone should have guns. Just like LaPierre says, more good guys with guns.

I'm sure the argument would have escalated to the point of someone being killed if neither had a gun.....
TheBeeDeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #10
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeeDeeGee View Post
AMERICA, YEAH!

Yay, everyone should have guns. Just like LaPierre says, more good guys with guns.

I'm sure the argument would have escalated to the point of someone being killed if neither had a gun.....
Guns are not the only way to kill someone, just FYI.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #11
TheBeeDeeGee

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600 F4i
2002 VFR 800 *sold
2002 919 *sold
2006 599 * wrecked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
So if he came out with a tire iron, he would have thrown it at him at like 1200 fps killing him instantly, I guess. His chances of survival wouldn't have been any better?

I'm not arguing for no guns, but the gun culture in America is out of control.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #12
Jonesin33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
This is true...

Father in TX walked in on someone taking advantage of his daughter, and beat him to death with his hands. Father got away with it, love this state! RIP!
Jonesin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #13
TheBeeDeeGee

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600 F4i
2002 VFR 800 *sold
2002 919 *sold
2006 599 * wrecked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesin33 View Post
This is true...

Father in TX walked in on someone taking advantage of his daughter, and beat him to death with his hands. Father got away with it, love this state! RIP!
If he beat him to death with his hands in his front yard after he tried to back away with his hands up, it's still murder.

You can't beat someone to death in your front yard because the followed you home and yelled at you.

It's a lot easier to shoot someone dead than beat them to death with your bare hands.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #14
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)
87 Honda Rebel 450 (sold)

Member Garage

I guess no one in that family has a cell phone. "Attacked" is a pretty liberal term. Since we will never know the bikers side of the story, my real question is:

How many times did that cager almost kill the biker on the road for him to get so and follow him home.

Having grown up in a family of hunter, trappers, fishers, back woods country folk. I owned several guns before the age of 12. I don't own one today because I don't hunt. I've been in a few hairy situations late at night in alleys at gigs. Even had a boss pull a gun from a safe and threaten to blow my brains out when I found out he was laundering money and had drug / mafia connections.

I've tend to notice people who feel they need a gun to survive never grew up with them. Never killed and slaughtered (cleaned) an animal. And for some reason, tend to bark loud and buck up but can't fight for .
Old 05-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #15
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

Quote:
So if he came out with a tire iron, he would have thrown it at him at like 1200 fps killing him instantly, I guess. His chances of survival wouldn't have been any better?

Move to merry old england where citizens cant have guns, muzzies practice sharia law, and behead cops in the street
Old 05-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #16
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
See that's where escalation comes into effect.
An empty hand is just plain assault.
Weapon in hand, whether is be a tire iron, bat or gun, is assault with a deadly weapon.
At that time deadly force can be used if necessary.
That said, IF the assailant is much weaker/unable to defend themselves than a gun may be used as a deterrent.
However, once it's purpose as a deterrent has been fulfilled and the person perpetuating the assault has stopped, it should stop there.
Shooting a man who has his hands up and is backing away is murder.

Quote:
It's not gun culture, it's dumbasses.
These same people would use bows and arrows, knives, bats or tire irons if guns weren't available. Making them no less deadly in their intent.

The problem isn't gun culture, as the media would lead you to believe. It's just the plain stupidity/pussification of America where one man can't/won't hold his own in a fist fight any longer.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #17
Jonesin33

Quote:
If he beat him to death with his hands in his front yard after he tried to back away with his hands up, it's still murder.

You can't beat someone to death in your front yard because the followed you home and yelled at you.

It's a lot easier to shoot someone dead than beat them to death with your bare hands.
Never said in his front yard or anything else... If you would of paid attention to what I quoted, instead of being so one sided, I was just backing that persons comment. No reason to constantly assume everyone is against you.
Jonesin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #18
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Eh, I see it differently.
Since when did the pussification of America take place that a fist fight requires a gun?
Using a gun to stop a fist fight is murder, period.

Especially with incoming news now that the alleged assailant raised his hands and backed off when confronted with the gun.
I'm a huge supporter of the 2A but there are a bunch of asshats that should not have a weapon.
Unfortunately one guy paid with his life and one will pay by going to prison for a long time.
I dont see it this way, I dont know why the guy shot the other guy, but I will tell you one thing for sure, I wont be taking an beating from anybody, I dont give a who you are, if you come at me with intent to harm me and I know its real, you will get shot as many times as it takes to stop your dumb from assaulting me. People can and will kill with their hands, I'll be damned if I am going to allow you to kick my teeth in just because you dont have a gun.
If you come at me with the intent to harm me or my family, you will be dealt with using deadly force, its my right to protect myself, not have to judge if you are going to stop beating me after 2 hits, 5 hits, 10 hits, wheres the line?........dont try that whipping on me.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #19
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
I dont see it this way, I dont know why the guy shot the other guy, but I will tell you one thing for sure, I wont be taking an beating from anybody, I dont give a who you are, if you come at me with intent to harm me and I know its real, you will get shot as many times as it takes to stop your dumb from assaulting me.
So what if verbally assalt someone... tell them to off or whatever and they knock your teeth out for it.. you gonna shoot them now? Or take the whoopin' your mouth got you into?

Not you specifically, but in general I think there is a huge pussification of America in this respect. People want to run their mouths, verbally assault people, cut them off in traffic, brake check people etc and when confronted either want to shoot somebody or call the police.

I say take the whoopin.

Last edited by cdill35; 05-25-2013 at 05:37 PM.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #20
Bob_D
Clutch City

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R6

'MURICA.
Bob_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement