MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #21
SafetyLimiter

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
I had a bad tank slapper bitwen gut-check and the launch (MSRH) on the first track day this year with Ridesmart. There was a slow rider in front of me and a fast one behind me. Coming out of the the gut -check we decided the slipt the slow rider in front of us, I took the left and the fast rider behind me took the right. I guess I was holding on to the handle bar too hard and I went to some bumps on the road which cause the bike to give me the tank-slaper of my life. It was so hard, it made both of my feet out of the foot-pegs and I begin to climb the launch thinking this was it. I'm going down. My arms up in the air, my feet dangling from the side of the bike and I'm looking at the right turn passing me when all of the sudden the bike stopped shaking and I grabbed the handle bar and I somehow made that right turn on the dirtiest part of the track. It took me the next 3 turns to fix my line. I hot pitted right after that but when I went back out my confidence level was "ZERO" I had to call it a day... :( But I was so happy to be able to take my bike back home all shiny and in one piece
It definitely sucks the confidence out of you. I felt the same way with mine and it took me a little bit to get back in the groove after repairs. I wished you would have caught yours on camera. Sounds like one that would have made me as well.
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote