MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #21
wtaylor
TaylorMade

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 750
03 f4i (sold)

So let me get this straight even though they snap a picture they haven't issued tickets until now. Sounds lika a chance that reward could out weigh the risk
wtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you're in the HOV RACER X Off Topic 35 08-20-2013 03:03 PM
To bad the 23 point inspection doesn't cover battery check! MIGHTYDUCKY22 General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 03-14-2013 08:37 AM
HOV Lanes usmarine2009 General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 02-07-2013 08:53 PM
HOV riders, stay in the HOV "lane" on the Gulf freeway says motocop urbanXJ General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 03-22-2012 10:06 AM
dog on the HOV show,Northbound 45 HOV, bout 20min late today are you? urbanXJ Off Topic 2 11-11-2009 12:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #22
david75

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2009 Aprilia Shiver 750
1999 KTM LC4 640
2005 Triumph Sprint ST (sold)
2003 Honda CB 919 Hornet (sold)

The 290 toll is a new addition and as only been in service for a few weeks. Many 1 person occupancy vehicles do not move into the next lane to pay the HOV toll. So that would explain the reason for the motocops. I just hope they don't show up in the afternoon and put and top to my hooliganism on the way home.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #23
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDazzle View Post
There are better solutions such as waiting at the ENTRANCE of the hov or the park n ride so ppl won't get on. Not towards the end holding up 30+ vehicles.
My point is it's hurting tons of ppl to catch only a dozen. Money for the city vs civilians trying to get to work smoothly.
If They want to get ppl with tags.. They can do it NOT during rush hour. Not on a private, paid stretch of freeway. Do it like How They do it at 59s n bellaire under the freeway .
Easy, because they dont monitor everyday. So the days there isnt a cop ppl would run it. Its the "Fear" of getting caught and placing cops at the end that keep in regulated.

People arent dumb.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #24
Triumph Triple

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
05' K1200s

I saw a rider pulled over this morning on Gulf Freeway HOV & was wondering why. My plate is f'd up and illegible & my inspection is on the back of the plate and they didn't hassle me.

If it was you, I'm curious why?
Triumph Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #25
rhenriksen

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'07 Bandit 1250
'03 CBR 600 racebike (parting out)
2013 Ducati Streetfighter 848
1984 Honda V65 Sabre (stolen)

That reminds me - Katy freeway inbound, left lane where it exits to I-45 southbound. Not a morning commuter usually, and at ~8:15am was interested to see 4-5 HPD motorcycle cops gathered on the left shoulder there.

I'm hoping they were busting people who roll past the (I-10 to 45 south) line & try and cut in at the last second. Really messes up the flow of I-10 eastbound traffic.
rhenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #26
iDazzle
dizzle dazzle

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2010 Trek Something
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
07 Kawasaki zzr600
2011 Kawasaki zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
forbid 30 extra cars. Take the mainlanes and split. Driving is a privilege, not a right. Unfortunately, enough don't think the laws apply to them, so we have to spend tax dollars trying to make them "pay". It sucks, but it is what it is....kinda like how it cost me more to insure the idiots around me than it cost me to insure myself to be on the road.

....15 tickets in a year on 290 Jet? I'd like to see that credible source. I know one of the 15!
That's 30 cars at a complete standstill at 0730 n theres still traffic building up ffaaast. They just havent approached it yet. Im Going southbound home n feel bad for these ppl just trying to make a Buck going to work but gotta get held up by this traffic stop.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #27
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

There was a recent enws report about the issue and low # of violations...so of course now the pd is gonna crack down
Old 05-23-2013, 11:34 PM   #28
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ray View Post
And 5-6 outbound. But of course only toll for single driver. Bikes and cars with passengers are still free all the time.

And this morning around 8:30, there was a police motorcycle at the HOV entrance of the West Little York P&R. I didn't see the actual person so maybe he was hitting the can.

And I welcome them checking for people breaking the rules. In the past, after they check for violators for a couple of days, people catch a clue and there's a LOT less to stop. I pay my taxes, register and inspect my vehicles and have an eztag for the tollways. me off when other people think the rules don't apply to them and steal from the honest people.
You are right but, they dont steal from the honest ppl tho, not from you or me,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #29
iDazzle
dizzle dazzle

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2010 Trek Something
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
07 Kawasaki zzr600
2011 Kawasaki zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenriksen View Post
That reminds me - Katy freeway inbound, left lane where it exits to I-45 southbound. Not a morning commuter usually, and at ~8:15am was interested to see 4-5 HPD motorcycle cops gathered on the left shoulder there.

I'm hoping they were busting people who roll past the (I-10 to 45 south) line & try and cut in at the last second. Really messes up the flow of I-10 eastbound traffic.
See, I'm partial to this.
Ppl cutting in last min messes with the flow of traffic like u mentioned. That messes with ppl... directly. I don't get irritated by ppl easily but when I see them cutting alllll those ppl.. I get a little bit bothered.
There were cops at 59n where it splits to go to main or midtown, before the 288 split.
They busted ppl for cutting in so ur wish has come true.

HoV abusers... ehhh. Not my business unless They hold up traffic. Not having a 2nd passenger... I can let it slide, I just worry about me.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #30
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
forbid 30 extra cars. Take the mainlanes and split. Driving is a privilege, not a right. Unfortunately, enough don't think the laws apply to them, so we have to spend tax dollars trying to make them "pay". It sucks, but it is what it is....kinda like how it cost me more to insure the idiots around me than it cost me to insure myself to be on the road.

....15 tickets in a year on 290 Jet? I'd like to see that credible source. I know one of the 15!
What part of trying to get to work you dont understand? forbid those jealous ppl that see others on the hov and get ,

Not your bussiness, nor mine, but she is right, dint hold the traffic, there is a reason for the HOV, let ppl get to work on time by skipping traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement