MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #61
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Finance a Suzuki through HSBC - they don't require full coverage insurance during the loan term. I paid less than $200 a year for limited liability on a hayabusa.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying a Motorcycle Question (finance Related) haythamboi600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 07-07-2015 09:39 AM
finance......maybe.... SteveohhXdank General Discussion (Moto Related) 88 02-14-2011 10:07 AM
need help looking for a finance company jresendez9586 Off Topic 36 05-27-2010 06:38 AM
who looking to finance?????? landon05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 09-11-2009 04:44 PM
Best finance option? dzamaboy General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 06-07-2009 10:55 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #62
K6GsxR

Bike(s):
I can ride my bike with no handle bars

Don't finance toys
K6GsxR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #63
chriscole

Bike(s):
05 zx-10r
09 GSXR600(Sold)
07 GSXR600(Sold)
02 CBR F4i(sold)
03 Sv1000 streetfighter

How was your credit cash town?
chriscole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #64
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Credit was pretty good, I guess. I was gonna put a couple thousand down but I got the whole thing financed with like 2% interest over 5 years. I think that HSBC (the bank who finances Suzukis through their dealership network) was the only of the major lenders that didn't require full coverage. FC for me on a new busa would have been more than the bike payment every month. It was nice to get strictly limited liability and be able to pay for a whole year's coverage with one check.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #65
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

Try Acutx clay road and barker cypress..
Old 05-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #66
Scorch
Born to Run

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki V-Strom 650
1990 Suzuki DR250S
1986 Suzuki GV1200 Madura
1975 Suzuki GT380

Establishing good credit is important and fairly easy. First, as you can guess, don't overload your budget. Buy a car or motorcycle you can afford, and make each payment on time. Never be late. If you cannot manage to make a $100-200 payment each month, stick with cash deals. After a year, you will find your credit score reflects your demonstrated responsibility. Obtaining future loans will be easier and your interest rates will be lower. Banks want to loan money to people who will pay it back, and they will compete for your business...as long as you're not some joker who skips out on debts and has repossessions.

I was about 29 before I started taking my credit seriously. Since then, if I need to buy a motorcycle, boat, car, or house, it's a really smooth process and the interest is very reasonable.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #67
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterchild2 View Post
Look bud, plain and simple, if you take out a secured loan with a lien holder you have to have full coverage insurance, Comprehensive and Collision. Until the bike is paid off, the bank owns the bike, you don't! Just because it sits in your garage and you ride it everyday doesn't make it yours. Banks are all about protecting their interests, and if something happens to their investment and they have no way of recovering that money they are screwed! No bank in the world operates this way! Getting an unsecured loan with no assests or credit is next to impossible without a co-signer. So your options are to get a conventional loan with a lien holder and pay out the for full coverage, or get mommy or daddy to co-sign for you on an unsecured loan that doesn't require full coverage; but if something happens to your bike you are screwed if you only decide to carry liability. Don't feel bad about having a cosigner! I know a 44 year old man that had his daddy co-sign for him for a V-Max!
INCORRECT:

Microcredit/Microfinance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Yunus

Old 05-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #68
tustah

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750

No money no honey. Do not finance on something you want. Finance on things you need.

If you can't even afford to purchase the bike new, how will you be able to afford full coverage insurance?
tustah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #69
Lucar

Member Garage

This is true. Whatever way you go, do yourself the biggest favor you can do to yourself and get full coverage. If you can't afford to buy full price, then you shoukd not even consider financing if you're not going to insure your " investment"

Call my good friend alex (badassvmax in the forum) at tejas motorsports on 1960
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #70
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
INCORRECT:

Microcredit/Microfinance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Yunus

no stateside bank operates this way....unless the OP wants to go to Bangladesh for a 3k loan.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #71
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
This is true. Whatever way you go, do yourself the biggest favor you can do to yourself and get full coverage. If you can't afford to buy full price, then you shoukd not even consider financing if you're not going to insure your " investment"

Call my good friend alex (badassvmax in the forum) at tejas motorsports on 1960
Yeah he can tell you how to get his daddy to co-sign for him on his V-Max! He is at Houston Motorsport by the way.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #72
1340HIGH
1340HIGH

Bike(s):
Harley FXDC
420 Honda Rancher ATV

I have financed Suzuki's through HSBC I do no recall the full insurance issue coming up.
I have financed Hondas through Honda I do not recall the full insurance issue coming up but maybe I have poor recall. I do recall Honda finance being low interest - I think since they are making money on the bike they can go easier on the loan interest.
1340HIGH is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement