MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2013, 03:04 AM   #1
SafetyLimiter

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage

Rear spring relief

Tried swapping out my rear shock today, but can't relieve enough pressure off the spring to loosen the bolts. I was using a car jack and board, but don't really trust that idea. Can't hoist it up anywhere either. Anyone swapped one out before and found a good way get some tension off this thing?
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dianosis: Relief or Anger? Squoddybody Health and Fitness 9 09-21-2012 08:17 PM
Maybe some relief for some unemployed in the oil industry cogs69 The Circus 5 04-02-2010 07:49 AM
Stress Relief... indoMLA Off Topic 13 04-03-2008 08:10 PM
george r. brown for katrina relief SE_Ryder122 Off Topic 2 09-02-2005 11:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
supadupa

Feedback Rating: (3)

If you're just taking the shock off & not taking it apart.......you're not fighting anything from the spring. The bolts are just hella tight. The weight of the bike is the only friction to pulling out the bolts once you have the nuts off.

For that you can just put a jack under it & jack it slightly over onto the kickstand to get the back wheel off the ground.
supadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
SafetyLimiter

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage

I think I worded that wrong but you got my point. I'll give it s shot when I get the time. As far as the bolts and nuts being tight. Your right about that. I broke two sockets on them bastards. I'm going to have to buy a breaker bar and some heavy duty sockets to get these boys off.
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement