MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #41
eklikewhoa
Senior Member
 
eklikewhoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Spring/Humble
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 452

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
zx10r









Sigh... Made the mistake of going home first after getting everything taken care of and now I'm stuck with the wifey going to a birthday party. Catch you guys the next time.
eklikewhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SOUTHEAST RIDE Saturday 2/15 moderate paced j_e_hurst Events, Meets and Rides 11 02-15-2014 10:01 AM
Forest Ride Sunday, July 14 Noob friendly - Moderate Paced Sign up Squoddybody Events, Meets and Rides 132 07-15-2013 10:03 AM
N Forest Ride July 13 or 14 - noob-moderate paced Squoddybody Events, Meets and Rides 20 07-01-2013 11:33 AM
N Noob-Moderate Paced Ride, Saturday June 8 Donte Events, Meets and Rides 19 06-08-2013 11:54 AM
N Noob-Moderate Paced Ride, Saturday 25 Donte Events, Meets and Rides 8 05-25-2013 07:32 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #42
Viffer1200
I dropped what??
 
Viffer1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 286

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
10 VFR1200 DCT
99 CBR600 f4 (sold)
89 Hurricane (Sold)
92 ZX-6 (RIP)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by eklikewhoa View Post
Sigh... Made the mistake of going home first after getting everything taken care of and now I'm stuck with the wifey going to a birthday party. Catch you guys the next time.
I made the same mistake.
Viffer1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #43
eklikewhoa
Senior Member
 
eklikewhoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Spring/Humble
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 452

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
zx10r









Sucks... Now I'm stuck babysitting for about to be drunks.
eklikewhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #44
baxim
Member
 
baxim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Humble
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 58

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 FZ6R
2010 ninja 250r








It was a Good ride. Lots of curves.
baxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #45
Donte
Im The Dreaded One
 
Donte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tomball, Woodlands, Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 913

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
GS500F




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
aw i dont get offf for another hour :/
Its ok, will see you on the next one
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyxdevil1 View Post
Don't think I'm gonna make this one.
Always a next time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffer1200 View Post
I missed it, hit up next time.
I will let you know next time we roll out again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacea7x View Post
Would love to join but I'm out for a while I broke my hand:(
What happened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklikewhoa View Post
Sigh... Made the mistake of going home first after getting everything taken care of and now I'm stuck with the wifey going to a birthday party. Catch you guys the next time.
Its ok, family first see you on the next one
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxim View Post
It was a Good ride. Lots of curves.
it was, I love that road. Thanks for coming out and riding today. Also sorry for getting us lost for a minute, sucks trying to read a piece of paper, look at rode signs and not ride off the road a the same time.
Donte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #46
Rowdy76
Senior Member
 
Rowdy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,831

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS




Member Garage


Baxim/Donte... thanks for the noob ride. Glad u guys got to play in the curves a bit. I for sure got some to work on. Sorry if I scared you guys. Baxim I guess it looked closer than it felt for me lol. I didnt think I was gonna smack that K-rail but it for sure made it tough that I didnt follow with my body. I knew I had not done something right when I was having to fight it.

Same thing through some of the curves I gotta work on my entry and not cutting the corner short. More looking through the curve. 1 month on the bike so I am not gonna beat myself up but know I gotta work on it.

Prob not gonna ride with any more groups cause I feel like a slow yall down. I need to figure out a place where I can work on body mechanics more. I know yall are gonna say track but I dont even feel comfortable enough for that right now. I scared myself a couple times today but I did the right things and left the brake alone and got the bike to do what I wanted. Learning is fun but I dont want anyone else to be worried about me while I am figuring this out at my own pace.

Again thanks it was fun .. no doubt about it but opened my eyes to a few things.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #47
Donte
Im The Dreaded One
 
Donte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tomball, Woodlands, Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 913

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
GS500F




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
Baxim/Donte... thanks for the noob ride. Glad u guys got to play in the curves a bit. I for sure got some to work on. Sorry if I scared you guys. Baxim I guess it looked closer than it felt for me lol. I didnt think I was gonna smack that K-rail but it for sure made it tough that I didnt follow with my body. I knew I had not done something right when I was having to fight it.

Same thing through some of the curves I gotta work on my entry and not cutting the corner short. More looking through the curve. 1 month on the bike so I am not gonna beat myself up but know I gotta work on it.

Prob not gonna ride with any more groups cause I feel like a slow yall down. I need to figure out a place where I can work on body mechanics more. I know yall are gonna say track but I dont even feel comfortable enough for that right now. I scared myself a couple times today but I did the right things and left the brake alone and got the bike to do what I wanted. Learning is fun but I dont want anyone else to be worried about me while I am figuring this out at my own pace.

Again thanks it was fun .. no doubt about it but opened my eyes to a few things.
It was a noob ride with a noob pace, we go as fast as we need to. Theres no such thing as too slow on a noob ride. I know I left you two on a few curves, just wanted to practice a little to. I know that I need to work on my exiting, I got the entry and mid corner down but when I start to come out of the corner at a lean my transition sucks. That's what I have been working on. It takes time to become a better rider, and practicing is how you going to get there. Im glad you know you limit and don't try to push your self to just keep up, but you do you own thing. As for the track, I have not been, but from what everyone tells me one day at the track is about one year on the streets, so you should defiantly consider it.
Donte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #48
jacea7x
Senior Member
 
jacea7x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northwest/ cy fair
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 172

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by Donte View Post
Its ok, will see you on the next one

Always a next time

I will let you know next time we roll out again


What happened?

Its ok, family first see you on the next one

it was, I love that road. Thanks for coming out and riding today. Also sorry for getting us lost for a minute, sucks trying to read a piece of paper, look at rode signs and not ride off the road a the same time.
I broke it in a mosh pit :/
jacea7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #49
misery
loves company...
 
misery's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oak Ridge North
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 321


Bike(s):
04 GSX-R600
93 Katana 600
custom frankenstein bobber - project


Member Garage





Send a message via MSN to misery Send a message via Yahoo to misery
Sorry I missed out.. got my bike back together tonight, but did not get the LEDs all wired up.. gonna try and finish it tomorrow.. I want to try one of these noob rides..
misery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #50
r6racer
track
 
r6racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,582

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
Prob not gonna ride with any more groups cause I feel like a slow yall down. I need to figure out a place where I can work on body mechanics more. I know yall are gonna say track but I dont even feel comfortable enough for that right now. I scared myself a couple times today but I did the right things and left the brake alone and got the bike to do what I wanted. Learning is fun but I dont want anyone else to be worried about me while I am figuring this out at my own pace.

Again thanks it was fun .. no doubt about it but opened my eyes to a few things.
I mean after a few group rides you'll get use to it... I get left behind with some groups and I just start focusing on myself and dont worry about the guys that have been riding 3 - 10 times longer than me. Dont follow other riders into turns, you judge that turn and make your own judgement about how you can take it. Im sure the leader of the ride probably went over the route and where you guys can meet up and what not. It's also very useful to stop at intersections to take a quick break. Youre new to group riding, dont stress it. Keep going to them and just be chill about them

Also if I get a chance to ride with you, I can let you know if you're ready for your first day of track.. But most likely you should be. Track days are about learning, having fun and learning
__________________

Last edited by r6racer; 05-18-2013 at 10:31 PM.
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #51
Rowdy76
Senior Member
 
Rowdy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,831

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Donte View Post
It was a noob ride with a noob pace, we go as fast as we need to. Theres no such thing as too slow on a noob ride. I know I left you two on a few curves, just wanted to practice a little to. I know that I need to work on my exiting, I got the entry and mid corner down but when I start to come out of the corner at a lean my transition sucks. That's what I have been working on. It takes time to become a better rider, and practicing is how you going to get there. Im glad you know you limit and don't try to push your self to just keep up, but you do you own thing. As for the track, I have not been, but from what everyone tells me one day at the track is about one year on the streets, so you should defiantly consider it.
No I am glad yall figured out I would catch up on the straights and so yall could get some lean on in the corners. I never felt like yall were pushing me it was a smooth ride. It just opened my eyes to I need to work on. When we got to the gas station I was little on edge and kinda glad we didnt go back through when it was dark. Its just amazing quick how fast the bike wants to go straight in a corner if you do not do the right things at the right time. Maybe a track day would do me good. But I heard the guy at the Katy meet say there are some during the week sometimes and there are not that many people out there. I just need to borrow my buddies trailer because my truck is off the ground and getting it in the back would be a .
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #52
Rowdy76
Senior Member
 
Rowdy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,831

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
I mean after a few group rides you'll get use to it... I get left behind with some groups and I just start focusing on myself and dont worry about the guys that have been riding 3 - 10 times longer than me. Dont follow other riders into turns, you judge that turn and make your own judgement about how you can take it. Im sure the leader of the ride probably went over the route and where you guys can meet up and what not. It's also very useful to stop at intersections to take a quick break. Youre new to group riding, dont stress it. Keep going to them and just be chill about them

Also if I get a chance to ride with you, I can let you know if you're ready for your first day of track.. But most likely you should be. Track days are about learning, having fun and learning
No the route was simple and Donte/Baxim did a good job of signaling me when a tough turn was coming up so I could prepare for it. They were awesome. We missed a turn (lol) and had to back track but it was no big deal. I have driven that road in a car before but a bike is a whole new world. Donte and Baxim did a great job of watching for me and slowing up after they had their little fun in the curve so I could catch up. Couldnt have asked for two better people to ride with. Its mainly my personal feelings about not wanting to be someones liability until I feel more comfortable. Trust me I am 36 (my superman blood went away when my daugher was born 4 years ago) and I am probably over thinking this too much. To me its the difference between making it home or loosing it in a corner then riding away in a bus.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #53
r6racer
track
 
r6racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,582

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Donte View Post
It was a noob ride with a noob pace, we go as fast as we need to. Theres no such thing as too slow on a noob ride. I know I left you two on a few curves, just wanted to practice a little to. I know that I need to work on my exiting, I got the entry and mid corner down but when I start to come out of the corner at a lean my transition sucks. That's what I have been working on. It takes time to become a better rider, and practicing is how you going to get there. Im glad you know you limit and don't try to push your self to just keep up, but you do you own thing. As for the track, I have not been, but from what everyone tells me one day at the track is about one year on the streets, so you should defiantly consider it.
dude i think you should def come out and check out a track day! I think you would be fantastic out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
No the route was simple and Donte/Baxim did a good job of signaling me when a tough turn was coming up so I could prepare for it. They were awesome. We missed a turn (lol) and had to back track but it was no big deal. I have driven that road in a car before but a bike is a whole new world. Donte and Baxim did a great job of watching for me and slowing up after they had their little fun in the curve so I could catch up. Couldnt have asked for two better people to ride with. Its mainly my personal feelings about not wanting to be someones liability until I feel more comfortable. Trust me I am 36 (my superman blood went away when my daugher was born 4 years ago) and I am probably over thinking this too much. To me its the difference between making it home or loosing it in a corner then riding away in a bus.
yeah def donte is awesome to ride with and he's quick too. and he's super noob friendly

Hope to go for a cruise with you soon man
__________________

Last edited by r6racer; 05-18-2013 at 10:48 PM.
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #54
baxim
Member
 
baxim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Humble
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 58

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 FZ6R
2010 ninja 250r








Rowdy, you did great dude. I had fun and enjoyed the ride. We should do it again sometime.
baxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #55
gorillamonkey2
Senior Member
 
gorillamonkey2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Spring, Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 275

Experience: 4-8 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2002 r6









Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
No I am glad yall figured out I would catch up on the straights and so yall could get some lean on in the corners. I never felt like yall were pushing me it was a smooth ride. It just opened my eyes to I need to work on. When we got to the gas station I was little on edge and kinda glad we didnt go back through when it was dark. Its just amazing quick how fast the bike wants to go straight in a corner if you do not do the right things at the right time. Maybe a track day would do me good. But I heard the guy at the Katy meet say there are some during the week sometimes and there are not that many people out there. I just need to borrow my buddies trailer because my truck is off the ground and getting it in the back would be a .
Never try to catch up on the straights. I know it is hard not to, but you never know when a curve is coming up.
gorillamonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:39 AM   #56
Rowdy76
Senior Member
 
Rowdy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,831

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillamonkey2 View Post
Never try to catch up on the straights. I know it is hard not to, but you never know when a curve is coming up.
I am riding a 300 .... Lol ... They were coming back to and I sped up a little. But I see what you are saying in general. Not having any knowledge of the road I would have just played it safe and made them wait for me.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #57
chevy42083
Senior Member
 
chevy42083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,932

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered








Just my opinion.... you are better off being with people than wrecking by yourself. Pushing it harder is something you can control no matter what. There are things like gravel and roadkill that can pop up just as easily no matter what... and it's better to have other riders to signal it, or to be there if things go wrong.
__________________
-Duane
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #58
Donte
Im The Dreaded One
 
Donte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tomball, Woodlands, Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 913

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
GS500F




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by jacea7x View Post
I broke it in a mosh pit :/
That sucks, You can still ride with one hand as long as its not your throttle hand. Just do clutch less shifts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misery View Post
Sorry I missed out.. got my bike back together tonight, but did not get the LEDs all wired up.. gonna try and finish it tomorrow.. I want to try one of these noob rides..
Its all good, there will be others. Have you ever done a group ride?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
dude i think you should def come out and check out a track day! I think you would be fantastic out there.
Im thinking about it, are you still going to the one on Monday. The main thing is that I don't have a truck or a trailer to haul my bike to a track :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxim View Post
Rowdy, you did great dude. I had fun and enjoyed the ride. We should do it again sometime.
We will, just found out today for the summer I will have off all Saturdays so thinking about making a Saturday morning ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post
Just my opinion.... you are better off being with people than wrecking by yourself. Pushing it harder is something you can control no matter what. There are things like gravel and roadkill that can pop up just as easily no matter what... and it's better to have other riders to signal it, or to be there if things go wrong.
Agreed. I try to avoid back roads if im by myself, but if I do I go slower.
Donte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #59
r6racer
track
 
r6racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,582

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Donte View Post
That sucks, You can still ride with one hand as long as its not your throttle hand. Just do clutch less shifts.

Its all good, there will be others. Have you ever done a group ride?

Im thinking about it, are you still going to the one on Monday. The main thing is that I don't have a truck or a trailer to haul my bike to a track :(

We will, just found out today for the summer I will have off all Saturdays so thinking about making a Saturday morning ride.

Agreed. I try to avoid back roads if im by myself, but if I do I go slower.
shoot me your number!
__________________
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #60
gorillamonkey2
Senior Member
 
gorillamonkey2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Spring, Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 275

Experience: 4-8 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2002 r6









Quote:
Originally Posted by Donte View Post
That sucks, You can still ride with one hand as long as its not your throttle hand. Just do clutch less shifts.

Its all good, there will be others. Have you ever done a group ride?

Im thinking about it, are you still going to the one on Monday. The main thing is that I don't have a truck or a trailer to haul my bike to a track :(

We will, just found out today for the summer I will have off all Saturdays so thinking about making a Saturday morning ride.

Agreed. I try to avoid back roads if im by myself, but if I do I go slower.
Can't wait for the rides
gorillamonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy