Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #101
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

I hope you get better soon Brandy!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issue with Shirt Riding Up While Riding ddgtomahawk General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 08-04-2015 11:26 AM
Any riding tonight, not sitting, riding? Colonel Events, Meets and Rides 15 04-17-2011 06:47 PM
Destination Riding VS Leisure riding. Coast Rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 09-07-2009 10:00 PM
night riding Vs Day riding Bricksta General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 05-14-2007 09:14 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #102
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
I am too old and married, so i would not be of any help... but...
if you really miss that motorcycle, I bet there are lots of guys on here that would let you set on them while they vibrated and made motorcycle noises.
Hang in there girl, you are going to be just fine.
So, you're saying you WON'T let me sit on you while you make motorcycle noises and vibrate?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #103
Truckin_Thumper

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #104
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
So, you're saying you WON'T let me sit on you while you make motorcycle noises and vibrate?

If you are going to go thru all that trouble, I would hate to see you dissapointed. I might be willing, but other choices would be more suitable.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #105
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
If you are going to go thru all that trouble, I would hate to see you dissapointed. I might be willing, but other choices would be more suitable.
Like TruckinThumper's offer of the coffee table?

Thanks, friends. I'm ready for an answer. I surely don't have any more blood to give.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #106
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Well. I started on seizure medication this week. All my EEG's and scans were normal, indicating that if I'm having seizures, it must be from a seizure disorder. I am legally (if I report it) unable to drive until a time at which I am six months seizure free. I haven't been driving, because of my episodes, but if the meds work, I doubt I'll wait six months.

I had the same painful cramping again last night (third time now), so it's not an ovarian cyst; it's intestinal (upper small intestine) or stomach. My blood work pretty much shows that I'm malnourished, but not much else is wrong. I'm still waiting on another set of blood work that was 'lost'.

I'm thinking of giving up food all together. It makes me sick and uncomfortable. Plus, I'm constantly dehydrated, making me retain water - it's not unusual for me to gain 10-15 lbs in any given day.

I'm trying to give up caffeine to help with the dehydration and I'm drinking Gatorade everyday. I've only just cut down the caffeine, but haven't given it up completely. I think I'm down to 100 mg from 400-600 mg per day. Yes, I do have a headache, thank you for asking.

So, that's my update for this week. Next week will be more. I'm going to try to get in to see a GI now. Yay. More tests and more blood and more doctors.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #107
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Well. I started on seizure medication this week. All my EEG's and scans were normal, indicating that if I'm having seizures, it must be from a seizure disorder. I am legally (if I report it) unable to drive until a time at which I am six months seizure free. I haven't been driving, because of my episodes, but if the meds work, I doubt I'll wait six months.

I had the same painful cramping again last night (third time now), so it's not an ovarian cyst; it's intestinal (upper small intestine) or stomach. My blood work pretty much shows that I'm malnourished, but not much else is wrong. I'm still waiting on another set of blood work that was 'lost'.

I'm thinking of giving up food all together. It makes me sick and uncomfortable. Plus, I'm constantly dehydrated, making me retain water - it's not unusual for me to gain 10-15 lbs in any given day.

I'm trying to give up caffeine to help with the dehydration and I'm drinking Gatorade everyday. I've only just cut down the caffeine, but haven't given it up completely. I think I'm down to 100 mg from 400-600 mg per day. Yes, I do have a headache, thank you for asking.

So, that's my update for this week. Next week will be more. I'm going to try to get in to see a GI now. Yay. More tests and more blood and more doctors.
Dang, I'm about 50% healed but I certainly have nothing to complain about next to you.

I hope you get well soon
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #108
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Wow. I just read that and realized how miserable it sound. I'm not miserable! I bought a new gun. And yesterday I got a new little jacket and munched on cherries while watching movies. Meaner and I ran the streets in the morning. It was a good day.

The day before that I got to spend with my best girl friend, Tubi. We always have fun together. My kids are out of school, now, too. AND my boy just got his permit!

He can get his motorcycle license in Aug! He's so excited he can't stand it. Life is pretty good overall - just having a body break down. I'm sure it'll pass. I give it two more years, and that's it.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #109
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
Wow. I just read that and realized how miserable it sound. I'm not miserable! I bought a new gun. And yesterday I got a new little jacket and munched on cherries while watching movies. Meaner and I ran the streets in the morning. It was a good day.

The day before that I got to spend with my best girl friend, Tubi. We always have fun together. My kids are out of school, now, too. AND my boy just got his permit!

He can get his motorcycle license in Aug! He's so excited he can't stand it. Life is pretty good overall - just having a body break down. I'm sure it'll pass. I give it two more years, and that's it.
It is a ruse.... she didn't seem sick to me....

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #110
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Pullin' for ya!
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #111
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

it's all Wayne's fault.

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #112
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
It is a ruse.... she didn't seem sick to me....
Nobody really knows... I partied it up on Tuesday, because of the doctor on Wed. Most of the time I don't feel sick; just tired. But that doesn't mean I have to be miserable!

I like your girl friend. She's super cute. I don't remember much about her, though, sorry. My memory is shot. I remember her holding the snake (because I have a photo), but I don't remember her name. Hopefully I can get this cleared up soon.

You know, I remember your real name now, but when I saw your screen name, I had to e-stalk you to figure out who you are.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #113
tustah

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750

I'm guessing they have you on monotherapy, something like topiramate, oxycarbazapine, or lamotrigine to see if it helps these episodes?

Do what's needed and focus on your health. Good luck!
tustah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #114
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Now I'm seriously considering a haircut.
I finally cut it! But I'm thinking I could actually take MORE off the ends. It's a lot longer than I thought it was - this is after cutting layers and about 2" off the bottom.
969586 10201328515161778 1770187126 n

Quote:
I honest to do not remember buying a jacket. I have no idea what jacket I bought or where I got it. Wow. I really do have some memory loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tustah View Post
I'm guessing they have you on monotherapy, something like topiramate, oxycarbazapine, or lamotrigine to see if it helps these episodes?

Do what's needed and focus on your health. Good luck!
Yes, they do. I started about a week and a half ago. I'm not quite up to taking the full dose of the seizure meds, yet, but the episodes have slowed. I had one when my sister was here with me, and I've had two small 'zingers' (I call them that - just an electrical zap in my head). The Keppra makes me lazy and dumb, though, I don't love it. It also gives me a headache and makes me sad. I don't know how to deal with the sadness, though - I've never been sad before. I find I'm a lot more irritable, too. I'm not sure not having seizures is worth the change to my personality...

I STILL have the same weird symptoms associated with eating - I am pretty much sick of food. I haven't been able to eat normally for the past four years now. I just feel better when I don't eat anything at all. Plus, I keep gaining weight - even without eating. Haha. If it weren't so weird, it would probably make me cry!

I'm trying to stay positive and be okay being the chubby girl, though. It's something new and different for me. I'm not dead, yet.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #115
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

i like your ninja avatar
Old 06-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #116
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Thanks! Haha! I had no intention of being a ninja - just COLD!

Another art work I made for a friend - grays and blue with pink accent.

983809 10201286078900898 973621949 n

Old 06-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #117
El Pachuco

Bike(s):
Kawasaki ZRX 1200R

Brandy, a lot of the emotions you're feeling right now are very normal to (for) me and many others, i'm sure. it can be hard to stay focused and appreciative of the good things in life that we still have, now that our health isn't quite what it used to be., but there are many good, even great things for us to be thankful for.
and as for you dealing with being the chubby girl, don't sweat that. phat or not, you're still a fine looking woman!!
El Pachuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #118
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pachuco View Post
Brandy, a lot of the emotions you're feeling right now are very normal to (for) me and many others, i'm sure. it can be hard to stay focused and appreciative of the good things in life that we still have, now that our health isn't quite what it used to be., but there are many good, even great things for us to be thankful for.
and as for you dealing with being the chubby girl, don't sweat that. phat or not, you're still a fine looking woman!!

Old 06-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #119
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

girl, if you think you are fat, rest assured that a bunch of guys on this forum would be willing to help you sweat off a pound or two.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #120
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
girl, if you think you are fat, rest assured that a bunch of guys on this forum would be willing to help you sweat off a pound or two.
20-25 lbs heavier than I used to be - so, yes. I'm chubby. Thanks for the compliments, but the truth is I just keep gaining weight and going up sizes and I'm chubby. I'm not one to sugar coat anything - not even about myself. I can see my faults and my flaws and I can point them out. I'm not mad - I do realize it's not something I'm able to manage right now. I have more dr's appointments next week again - maybe next week will find an answer or more tests. Maybe.

Advertisement