MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)
87 Honda Rebel 450 (sold)

Member Garage

jockstrap up

Bee to crotch in curve at 110. Owwiee.

rev
Old 05-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Ouch! I had one fly in my in my helmet back in the 80's. Open offroad type, got stung on my ear...
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

I've had 2 "bee" encounters.
The first was wearing a full coverage helmet but it had no visor. A yellow jacket went right between my face and the helmet next to my eye.
It wound up almost back at my ear. I could feel it trying to crawl around and it's wings trying to buzz. Whipped into a school parking lot and removed my helmet faster than I ever had.
Fortunately the wasp flew away as soon as the helmet came off. He didn't sting me, I couldn't believe it!

The second was cruising along about 60 and apparently ran into a honeybee going the same direction as me. I felt a burning on my neck. Reached up, felt something there and grabbed it to get off of me. Turned out what I grabbed was his stinger with venom sac. As I removed it, it injected more venom into me. It hurt 10 times worse at that point.

Anyway the moral of the story is, don't wreck just pull over and do what ya gotta do. And don't let the girl on the back see you cry... even a little.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
Bart
Thread killer

Bike(s):
2005 R6
'06 Suzuki Katana 750 (destroyed)

Once I was on my way home from work, guy on cruiser pulls up next to me. Typical HD "biker" guy; fat, beard, denim vest. He smiles at me, showing off the bug in his teeth. I raised my visor so he could hear me laughing at him, and I'll be damned if a roach doesn't fly in.

Know how they say to stay in 1st when waiting at a light? Not always such a good idea.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
j_e_hurst
Josh

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Never had one hit the boys. Couple years ago i had just left the house, still had my visor up about a block away and got hit right between the eyes. Hurt like . Rode back home and pulled the stinger out. Waited for a few minutes until i could see again and rolled out. This time with my visor down lol
Old 05-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
WOOSSH

Bike(s):
'08 R1 "Money Wagon" SOLD!
ZX12 2000 7000 miles on it sold
Kawa 500 Triple 1972 NEW
BSA 250 One Lunger - 1967 NEW

I have hit swarms twice in a car. At this point me say do not turn on the wipers.
WOOSSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #7
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)
87 Honda Rebel 450 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
Once I was on my way home from work, guy on cruiser pulls up next to me. Typical HD "biker" guy; fat, beard, denim vest. He smiles at me, showing off the bug in his teeth. I raised my visor so he could hear me laughing at him, and I'll be damned if a roach doesn't fly in.

Know how they say to stay in 1st when waiting at a light? Not always such a good idea.
Winner Winner! I my dinner laughing.lol.

Worse part was he was stinging me and the wind was whipping him around, dragging the stinger with it. Once I got out of the curve and got him off it felt like the stinger was still there. I was tempted to drop my pants on the side of 159 and dig it out but waited till I got to 71.

Few weeks ago me and Psycho Pete are doing a load out (taking down/out) of lighting gear for some local millionaire's wedding. I'm 3 levels up on a ladder, on scaff, which is on stage decking, which is over a pool in a tent. I reach up to the perlon to have a hand hold as I'm cutting zip ties down and of course, leaning out over the edge and put my hand right on a bee that was hiding in the tent. Good thing my undies were already dirty. I didnt cry, promise...

rev
Old 05-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #8
flypunk
it doesn't matter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

I had one that hit me head on while I was doing 95; straight line so u oils see it coming. It went through the vent in my arai and hit me in the lip, didn't sting me but it hurt like and lip was swollen for about an hour, didn't cry either must've been some part of the bee that went into my eye and force that tear out
Old 05-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #9
green600
HG Chairperson

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Thats why you keeps tge bees in the trap.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #10
Truckin_Thumper

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

Had one fly up my (offroad)shorts riding the woods near ATL.....inner thigh stings suxxors! That same day, I broke two fingers on a fall over , my knee pad shifted on a front end washout and gouged my knee up pretty good, blood loss. Broke my clutch lever on another fall over, almost overheated my brain and had to soak in a lake for an hour. All the while, some of the top rally racers in Ga. laughing their off.

This was all from 9am to 11 am....

Lesson learned.....never ride with a scalloped front D606...in the Ga hill country....

I have never lived that day down.
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement