MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #41
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
. Agreed this cager was a dumbass, but also agree that speed through a busy intersection didn't help the cause. Good luck with surgery and wishing for a speedy recovery. BTW, Awesome that you have it documented!
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Big M Weekend @ Miller Motorsports Park This Weekend! Whos Goin!? Snoogyns848 Taking it to the Track 4 05-24-2011 04:21 PM
MSRH last weekend, & GSS the weekend before RojerLockless Taking it to the Track 8 08-06-2010 08:54 PM
Happy Birthday Old ! (AKA mudbug) (AKA goatfcker) Pyrofallout Off Topic 58 09-26-2009 02:46 PM
anyone hear about a wreck over the weekend? Scatter General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 04-09-2008 09:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #42
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

You just cant slow down before an intersection

You forget the idiots that are behind you on the phone, eating, masturbating, etc
Old 05-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #43
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Glad its not worse on you heal up.

Be careful out there man intersections suck and you have to be ready for any move an idiot may make.

and make a GIF of it

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #44
eklikewhoa

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
zx10r

Omg.... that looks horrible.

Right around the corner from where I work too.
eklikewhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #45
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

Holy ! Glad you are OK for the most part!

You should be slowing down for those intersections and merging lanes. Gotta watch out for those idiots sharing the road with you.

Wishing you a speedy recovery! So... I have to ask, what are you going to do with your 250? Repair it?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #46
Truckin_Thumper

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

I am almost posititve with my attitude, I would hobbled over and punched the in the face, twice.

Glad you got off light.
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #47
Squoddybody
This is me.

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

I'm glad you're relatively okay. You always have to be ready for cars to cut you off. I realize you don't expect it, and you may not have been able to prevent the accident, but it may have been possible to minimize the damage. Hindsight, unfortunately, is always 20/20. Be glad you can use this as a learning experience and move forward.

Hope to see you back on two wheels before too long!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #48
skelator
Just US Racing

Bike(s):
GT Performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin_Thumper View Post
I am almost posititve with my attitude, I would hobbled over and punched the in the face, twice.

Glad you got off light.
i was lying on the ground once trying to get up and go kick the guys that ran me over . Some chick is telling me thats she off duty ems and I can't get up. Ha, I said yes I can, watch me. Then over her shoulder I see a man with a badge around his neck. He tells me he will shoot me in the leg if I get up. I thought to myself, I must be dreaming, no way this is real but it was and my bike was done. True story. short version
Old 05-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #49
SideVinder650

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelator View Post
Ok I watched it a couple times full screen. I myself would have been going slower and watching that idiot waiting for them to try n kill me. When you come thru an intersection like that you need to go slow slower and be ready for a cage to pull out cause there gonna from time to time. Keep an exit route and poster up n be hovering over all your controls via brake GAS ect. Also the gas is your friend too, it has got me out of a spot were brakes would not have worked. Live and learn. Get well soon.
everyone can say what they would've done the bottom line is that cager did a very stupid and illegal move not to mention completely unnecessary and disregarding their own and everyone elses safety. It must be nice to be the only person on this planet.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #50
MotoChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimeybob View Post
My leg was severed in my wreck. And yours still makes me cringe more than my own haha
roughly "ditto". My last wreck shattered my pelvis n broke both arms as the cager turned left in front of me. But I do still cringe...

Wishing you a speedy recovery
MotoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #51
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Just be glad the injuries werent worse, although Im sure these injuries suck ....

Just outta curiosity, what did the driver say? Was it along the lines of...."I did not see him (meaning you)"....or "He came out of no where".....
Old 05-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #52
skelator
Just US Racing

Bike(s):
GT Performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90degree View Post
everyone can say what they would've done the bottom line is that cager did a very stupid and illegal move not to mention completely unnecessary and disregarding their own and everyone elses safety. It must be nice to be the only person on this planet.
I was giving advice on what I do going thru intersections. Not what I would have done so much but giving advice to all and the op. The cage up big time, no doubt.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #53
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Yea. You cant expect them to pay attention when caging. even when they are on two wheels. Had some jackhole try to catch up to me on the freeway on his cbr and nearly lock handlebars with me!! Idiot motorcycle riders ! Think they are the only ones on the road , or wat!! lol
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #54
Rowdy76

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Ok I watched it a couple times full screen. I myself would have been going slower and watching that idiot waiting for them to try n kill me. When you come thru an intersection like that you need to go slow slower and be ready for a cage to pull out cause there gonna from time to time. Keep an exit route and poster up n be hovering over all your controls via brake GAS ect. Also the gas is your friend too, it has got me out of a spot were brakes would not have worked. Live and learn. Get well soon.
He was using an exit route.. Would have to get the OP to speak but he darted into the median area that is striped off just after the concrete median ends. The cager turned out right then flipped a left from the right hand lane eliminating his exit route.

OP do you think you have any blame in this? what could you do to prevent this from happening again? ( cuz it will happen again!)[/QUOTE]

Again not sure of the speed before he saw the vehicle about to cover both lanes but you can not predict what ever idiot out there will do. I live down the road from this intersection. I purposely avoid trying to make the left the cager did because its hard to cross there. I go back to the feeder road which is accessible from the gas station or Kroger parking lot. As far as blame for the OP unless he admits he was going more than 30 through the intersection he was a casualty of an idiot driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90degree View Post
+1. If you see a car turning right there is no way in you can predict them to make an illegal turn across traffic.

Quote:
I was giving advice on what I do going thru intersections. Not what I would have done so much but giving advice to all and the op. The cage up big time, no doubt.
The cage would not have tried that with a 3000 lb car coming at them for sure. There is not a blind spot or anything hindering the view of people turning out of that parking lot. You could sit with a video camera all day and watch many cars doing the exact same move because they are too lazy to use the alternate routes out of the parking lots there.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #55
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Glad you are relatively ok. Could have been much worse.

Heal up!
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #56
exalted512
Slow^^^

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to exalted512
lol @ all the monday morning quarterbacks.

Glad you're fairly okay man. More so than just medical bills, get them for loss of work (income) and pain and suffering. Make them pay for any gear / clothing / misc (backpack) that was messed up in the wreck. Get them to pay full price on all aftermarket add ons. If they try to depreciate it, ask them where their depreciation values came from since there isn't a blue book on used exhausts, etc.

Good luck with the recovery.
-Cody
exalted512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #57
Rowdy76

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

I needed gas so I went up to 2920 and 45 where the accident happened. Have to correct myself on one thing .. the escape route doesnt exist anymore. I guess when they repaved Spring Cypress / re-striped they eliminated the little area that was about the width of car. now the lane just goes right next to the median for the left hand turn lane going west (there use to be a little gap until u got closer to the red light.

I would not have wanted to be him at all when that car came across .. real come to Jesus moment. Heal up man...hope it works out cause the car is definitely at fault.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #58
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by exalted512 View Post
lol @ all the monday morning quarterbacks.
I don't think anyone is implying he was in the complete wrong here....those with a lot of street experience noticed additional variables that contributed to his misfortune. His speed being one of them....notice how long it took the cars behind him to approach the wreck after it happened? My guess is he jumped off the line (no doubt, I do it too....but I use extreme caution when doing so...).

I'd dig up and ol' thread somewhere around here....but a kid did the same thing a few years back at 290 and West. Jumped off the line one side of the freeway and was broadsided on the other side of the freeway by someone either "rolling the yellow light" or he simply attempted to cross under the freeway and feeder road before the light even turned green for him.

I think the general consensus of the "Friday Morning Quarterbacks" was that had he been less throttle happy getting through the intersections this might have been avoidable. Cars in the wrong no doubt. Accident "may" have been avoided with a little more scanning and less throttle action.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #59
ormand
Deelish!

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

I didn't read the whole thread but what gear were you wearing, specifically from the waist down?

Glad you're ok...I watched the video in full screen/HD and it looks like you are doing a karate move when you fly off the bike. That sound + watching the Kia Soul actually get pushed from the impact made me cringe

And to everyone saying he "jumped the gun" or was speeding, how do you know from the video? To me, it looked like he was going as fast as the jeep preceding him.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #60
ZX-Dominance

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1 (wifey)
2007 ZX-6R (track)
2008 Speed Triple White Knight (sold)
2008 CBR1000RR "Red Rocket"
2005 SV1000S (sold)

This is important!!

Make sure you get more than just immediate damages my friend.

The unfortunate truth is that your leg may get more up in the years to come. I got run over when I was 19 and invincible, truck driver paid for the broken foot/surgery and my bike and that was it.

4 years later I can't run or use the calf-raise machines because my foot will ache/grind for days.

I'm glad it was documented, just make sure you keep the heat on the drivers insurance!!
ZX-Dominance is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement