MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #341
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Search "SMR" under the Events section; this is nothing new.
It's a cycle every couple years where the SMR/HPC/BORC/next? crew starts small, gets bigger, starts posting "spirited" rides. Groups get large filled with mixed skill levels, people go down, eventually someone gets killed or crippled... then the "current" group disappears or gets banned.. and we repeat once the memory dies off and the new crop of "fast" guys start showing up.

We've even seen where someone that crashed tried to sue the leader...

Wait for it.

Or, the core group of SMR guys get the clue and take it to PM's and private rides.
I knew history repeats itself!
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BORC TT Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 09-04-2013 11:43 AM
Fayetteville ride Sunday 19th ...BORC queenmoka Events, Meets and Rides 9 05-18-2013 07:54 AM
Wreck Scene from Fayetteville Ride May 5th 2013 Blanco General Discussion (Moto Related) 80 05-12-2013 07:36 PM
BORC ride to Fayetteville 03/19!!!! queenmoka Events, Meets and Rides 51 03-20-2013 11:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #342
Helios
Back again again...
 
Helios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 12,674

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
This is called hating..
please, just 'cause your friends lend you a bike at the track for you to ride and you have a few laps on a closed course you think that makes you a better rider than me..
Its not like I drink 3 or more glasses of beer at the meets "which nobody has the to say anything" right before you lead from 10 to 25 riders onto dark streets and freeways.. and now you're mr safety all the sudden

I dont play that hIidol ivan going on in MH with your mod lovers telling you from the site they shouldn't unless you're a mod.
So now they'll delete this post and ban me for being one more to call you out.
Mike is gone; you got no conflict here so you looking for it or clowning?

I told you to ease off of me. This is your last warning. You and your cheerleader squad can take it as you will
Someone got hurt.

I'm not sure how mods got thrown into this mix.
Ivan and I are good friends, but I don't mix MH with personal life.
The reason your gets deleted and you get banned is because you get all emotional over comments on the internet. I could care less what you say about me as a mod (not that you specifically called me out) but when your responses start getting more unnecessarily hostile, the entire thread takes a nosedive.

Quit taking so personal on the internet, get off the board or we'll help you along a bit if you need it. Let us know, we're here to help.
__________________
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Wilde
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #343
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastola View Post
So someone flew last sunday. What happened?
Fixed!
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #344
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers
 
Pachuco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston (Proper)
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 3,823

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Can't we all just get along
__________________
Stuntin like Jet Li, boat houses and jet ski's
Pachuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #345
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
Can't we all just get along
Who's fighting?
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #346
grsa
Senior Member
 
grsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Houston-Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,433

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie







Someone needs to contact Morvgil for a rub and tug location.
__________________
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #347
Trish
 
Trish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 888

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 CBR600rr
2006 DRZ400SM








Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
You sound old and experienced...and like you have seen history repeat more than once ... Lol. ... You nailed it..
Ice age?

JK I love that old man
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #348
Trish
 
Trish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 888

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 CBR600rr
2006 DRZ400SM








Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
Looks like the yellow bee scraped the bar end!
Who was riding, then??
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #349
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Who was riding, then??
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #350
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!
 
queenmoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,547

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....


Member Garage






Waiting for return fire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Who was riding, then??
__________________
queenmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #351
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Search "SMR" under the Events section; this is nothing new.
It's a cycle every couple years where the SMR/HPC/BORC/next? crew starts small, gets bigger, starts posting "spirited" rides. Groups get large filled with mixed skill levels, people go down, eventually someone gets killed or crippled... then the "current" group disappears or gets banned.. and we repeat once the memory dies off and the new crop of "fast" guys start showing up.

We've even seen where someone that crashed tried to sue the leader...

Wait for it.

Or, the core group of SMR guys get the clue and take it to PM's and private rides.

Our SMR started just like the out ride many years ago, without any rules and organization at all, but we have learned to make changes every 6 months or so in the name of safety and now our SMRs are very different from when we first started, before it used to be just one large group of riders of mixed skill levels and now we have 3-4 different groups to designate riders that have less experience or complete noobies and people riding 2up, it has been a long way from the start and that is why i do not participate in less organized rides because it would be like going back instead of going forward for me.

As far as people taking me to court me for organizing the rides..... We now have waivers that everyone needs to sign before each ride, that takes care of the legal issues for our SMRs.

For those that dont know, i do organize a private ride that i keep off the public forums, it is by invitations only and via text messages so no riders can sign up, this is my way of doing my out rides and usually it works great because all the invites are sent to people that i know can ride well and wont slow down the group because unlike our SMRs, if you cannot keep up, you will be left behind! So just because we dont post our private rides doesnt mean we dont do it. Now with the BORC group, that is completely different to us, i guess they could keep their rides private but i think they post it in public forums for a reason, maybe Trish hit the nail?
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #352
Blanco
BORC O.G.
 
Blanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,075

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Our SMR started just like the out ride many years ago, without any rules and organization at all, but we have learned to make changes every 6 months or so in the name of safety and now our SMRs are very different from when we first started, before it used to be just one large group of riders of mixed skill levels and now we have 3-4 different groups to designate riders that have less experience or complete noobies and people riding 2up, it has been a long way from the start and that is why i do not participate in less organized rides because it would be like going back instead of going forward for me.

As far as people taking me to court me for organizing the rides..... We now have waivers that everyone needs to sign before each ride, that takes care of the legal issues for our SMRs.

For those that dont know, i do organize a private ride that i keep off the public forums, it is by invitations only and via text messages so no riders can sign up, this is my way of doing my out rides and usually it works great because all the invites are sent to people that i know can ride well and wont slow down the group because unlike our SMRs, if you cannot keep up, you will be left behind! So just because we dont post our private rides doesnt mean we dont do it. Now with the BORC group, that is completely different to us, i guess they could keep their rides private but i think they post it in public forums for a reason, maybe Trish hit the nail?

They post in a public forum because its a public forum!
The post counts are alway high...ok, artificially inflated by some BORC but people always find a way to look and post.
Its called entertainment...not drama. It is interesting to see peoples perception of BORC vs. reality
__________________
Consigliere
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #353
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Oh wow, I totally missed this last page of the thread...how did I miss it ??
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #354
Racerxxx
CMRA #92
 
Racerxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,524












Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Oh wow, I totally missed this last page of the thread...how did I miss it ??
I don't see how someone hasn't knocked him the out lol
Racerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #355
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxx View Post
I don't see how someone hasn't knocked him the out lol
Knocked who out?
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #356
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!
 
queenmoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,547

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Oh wow, I totally missed this last page of the thread...how did I miss it ??
So you go back to almost year old BORC thread and review it
Or do you just missss some drama ?
__________________
queenmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:41 PM   #357
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!
 
queenmoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,547

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxx View Post
I don't see how someone hasn't knocked him the out lol
__________________
queenmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:41 PM   #358
Lucar
Senior Member
 
Lucar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,825

Experience: 10+ years






Member Garage





Miss the drama..
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:44 PM   #359
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











u ... I am going to punch Lucar in his face for sure.
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #360
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











And racer3x ima beat your paki too. Queenmoka I would bunch you in your , but that would feel gay.. Blanco sukdikanddiebitchmotherfukercocksucker.
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy