MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #261
Lucar

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Member Garage

Mean while on the route to fayeTTville, people were trying to see what all that noise was..

Last edited by Lucar; 05-06-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BORC TT Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 09-04-2013 11:43 AM
Fayetteville ride Sunday 19th ...BORC queenmoka Events, Meets and Rides 9 05-18-2013 07:54 AM
Wreck Scene from Fayetteville Ride May 5th 2013 Blanco General Discussion (Moto Related) 80 05-12-2013 07:36 PM
BORC ride to Fayetteville 03/19!!!! queenmoka Events, Meets and Rides 51 03-20-2013 11:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #262
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykoson View Post
what do you mean....BORC the whole ride is an oh Moment!!!! the way you like it...

thing is though....if you're not experienced you should not be on these rides period!! but then the argument of judging who is experienced to ride these kinds of rides....track exp and street exp..blah blah...more than that is needed for this kind of riding... a little bit of street smarts but mostly commons sense....mishaps can even happen to the best and oldest!

We always try to prevent these things from happening.... but this time I know for sure when OP posted this ride...he wanted to keep away those riders who were not ready...that was the purpose behind his posting style i'm sure.....this was also meant to keep those others away! Sucks the rides being posted can't avoid guys from showing up! Guess you have to make these rides Private Eric.......let this be an example to some of you reading who shouldn't show up to a fast paced ride...if your not sure..post a lesser pace or something you feel comfortable riding...if you don't know the way..time to explore. I'm sure you'll find others that will wanna ride your pace.

I like you Whitekight and am sorry you had to learn the hard way! Now you know and will be better for it.....how many more of you wanna learn this way?

I am proud of one member for not showing up! I have to say He is getting better and better..he showed a lot of restraint not showing up for this ride as much as he love to ride...this is the way to progress in this sport....not getting in over your head..I know I did it myself and almost died! Someone did a on an SMR...now another friend is going down...

Know your Group! Know your Ride and Ride it! Don't try to keep up and don't let the pre ride excitement get the better of you when you leave or get to the twisties....save that for the track...(you can't do on the street what you can do on the track the same the other way). Be smooth and use your head! Sorry to say this too but some of you need to get your to the track and learn a thing or two! Please do yourself the favor! You'll have fun and be grateful you did! Think of it as a second MSF course..part II.
And who is this magical rider son?
Good post, noobs print this and glue it to your fridge.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #263
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	68182  
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #264
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)

Very Well said Rykoson... Yes our friend is very ambitious...

Commissioner
Cornerjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #265
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Just use or modify this. may have a typo. Not sure what else you can do Eric you pretty much spell it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BORC Checklist.pdf (289.8 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by grsa; 05-06-2013 at 07:32 PM.
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #266
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Bike(s):

YUP, Lucar, that looks about right...

Commissioner
Old 05-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #267
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsa View Post
Just use or modify this. may have a typo
Thats very good SIR, I LIKE IT!!

Commissioner
Old 05-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #268
Lucar

Member Garage

Lol glen..

Screenshots 2013 05 06 17 30 55 zps582f0949
Old 05-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #269
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsa View Post
Just use or modify this. may have a typo. Not sure what else you can do Eric you pretty much spell it out.
Racerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #270
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
what do you mean....BORC the whole ride is an oh Moment!!!! the way you like it...

thing is though....if you're not experienced you should not be on these rides period!! but then the argument of judging who is experienced to ride these kinds of rides....track exp and street exp..blah blah...more than that is needed for this kind of riding... a little bit of street smarts but mostly commons sense....mishaps can even happen to the best and oldest!

We always try to prevent these things from happening.... but this time I know for sure when OP posted this ride...he wanted to keep away those riders who were not ready...that was the purpose behind his posting style i'm sure.....this was also meant to keep those others away! Sucks the rides being posted can't avoid guys from showing up! Guess you have to make these rides Private Eric.......let this be an example to some of you reading who shouldn't show up to a fast paced ride...if your not sure..post a lesser pace or something you feel comfortable riding...if you don't know the way..time to explore. I'm sure you'll find others that will wanna ride your pace.

I like you Whitekight and am sorry you had to learn the hard way! Now you know and will be better for it.....how many more of you wanna learn this way?

I am proud of one member for not showing up! I have to say He is getting better and better..he showed a lot of restraint not showing up for this ride as much as he love to ride...this is the way to progress in this sport....not getting in over your head..I know I did it myself and almost died! Someone did a on an SMR...now another friend is going down...

Know your Group! Know your Ride and Ride it! Don't try to keep up and don't let the pre ride excitement get the better of you when you leave or get to the twisties....save that for the track...(you can't do on the street what you can do on the track the same the other way). Be smooth and use your head! Sorry to say this too but some of you need to get your to the track and learn a thing or two! Please do yourself the favor! You'll have fun and be grateful you did! Think of it as a second MSF course..part II.
Hey Ryan, didnt know you adviced your friend not to show up because he was one of the riders i thought shouldnt be on the list. I sometimes have to be very strict on who can ride in the first group of our SMRs for a good reason, and if they dont like my rules they dont have to ride with us, i think using this approach is the best way to prevent future incidents like this from happening again. Lots of over confident noobs just dont realize how fast these rides are and making a mistake at triple digits is no joke out there, it is bad for the rider and it is bad for the whole ride. Some noobs just dont have common sense these days anymore so we as ride organizers should help them out by making the decision to either let them ride or not let them ride.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #271
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
Lol glen..

Screenshots 2013 05 06 17 30 55 zps582f0949
Left out

Bad attitude/bat outta
Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #272
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
Left out

Bad attitude/bat outta
would that be a Yes or No answer?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #273
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Lightbulb

Quote:
And who is this magical rider son?
Good post, noobs print this and glue it to your fridge.
Not gonna name him! Some of you may know who he is....he certainly does! He probly thought about our conversation when he heard about this incident....and also about holding back when you are learning or on a ride like this...yes BORC members hold back most of the times strange concept I know...Also talked to him about making sure to not get reeled in when following faster riders! I am pretty sure he could keep up with most BORC, but he wants to make sure he gets the fundamentals down, so when he gets his oh moment....he will be able to handle it with muscle memory and ease....when you get the basics down and how to react real time. (something the track teaches you)..you will be able to handle situations better.

BTW...those oh moments really shouldn't happen on the street too much...but they do.....if they happen a lot you're probly gonna crash soon just so you know!...
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #274
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:

BTW...those oh moments really shouldn't happen on the street too much...but they do.....if they happen a lot you're probly gonna crash soon just so you know!...:-
/
This
Old 05-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #275
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Just make the meet spot private. Done.

WhiteKnight, sorry to hear about what happened. Glad you are relatively okay. Heal up and get back on the horse.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #276
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Hey Ryan, didnt know you adviced your friend not to show up because he was one of the riders i thought shouldnt be on the list. I sometimes have to be very strict on who can ride in the first group of our SMRs for a good reason, and if they dont like my rules they dont have to ride with us, i think using this approach is the best way to prevent future incidents like this from happening again. Lots of over confident noobs just dont realize how fast these rides are and making a mistake at triple digits is no joke out there, it is bad for the rider and it is bad for the whole ride. Some noobs just dont have common sense these days anymore so we as ride organizers should help them out by making the decision to either let them ride or not let them ride.
This is the awareness factor I was going for...I didn't tell him not to come, but that he should be very aware if he did..but he made the choice thats why I am proud of him!!! It's not an easy thing to do! We don't want the noobs not to come ride...just to come to the ones they are a good fit for! I love leading noob rides....and sweeping for them so we should have one soon im sure.

Also if your new or may not think you are and reading this....in no way is anyone trying to make you feel intimidated by these rides...we just are really trying to drill it in the heads of some folks...that when the thread is titles out....then it is... I remember when we had some discussion about titling rides with paces.... So if you do happen to show up and someone notices please don't get mad if you're asked not to ride with us! ...
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #277
B.T.R.
slow as molasses

Bike(s):
2010 YAMAHA R1
2007 ZX6R (TRACK BIKE)
HOT WIFE

Quote:
This

GOON
www.solarcontrolhouston.com
For all your residential/commercial window tinting needs.
B.T.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #278
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Just make the meet spot private. Done.

WhiteKnight, sorry to hear about what happened. Glad you are relatively okay. Heal up and get back on the horse.
Boom!
Racerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #279
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Bike(s):

Quote:
This is the awareness factor I was going for...I didn't tell him not to come, but that he should be very aware if he did..but he made the choice thats why I am proud of him!!! It's not an easy thing to do! We don't want the noobs not to come ride...just to come to the ones they are a good fit for! I love leading noob rides....and sweeping for them so we should have one soon im sure.

Also if your new or may not think you are and reading this....in no way is anyone trying to make you feel intimidated by these rides...we just are really trying to drill it in the heads of some folks...that when the thread is titles out....then it is... I remember when we had some discussion about titling rides with paces.... So if you do happen to show up and someone notices please don't get mad if you're asked not to ride with us! ...
BOOM

Commissioner
Old 05-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #280
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Bike(s):