MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #21
dankosh
Ride, just ride.

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 NSR50R
01 XR100R
2005 CRF50 STUNT

Denton was awesome, super fast in the banked turns and just an all around nice facility, the air conditioned bathrooms with showers was a nice touch, next time I'll remember my towel. The day started with some excitement, while packing for the trip I had no idea that I should have made sure my track suit had all its parts, at the track after registering and waiting for practice time I started suiting up and to my bewilderment I had no zipper on the front of my suit, I was screwed, I thought about going around asking for a loner and had I done so I'm sure I would have found one if one was to be found, most everyone there was more than ready to help. I had a large rolling bag for my gear with me and proceeded to cut off the zippers attached to it, after my third differently sized zipper I had found a winner, I was going to get to race that day and I had already won my first battle even before getting on the track, everything that followed would be gravy. I ran 6 races Sunday and they were all an experience in themselves. I left with one third place and if I had kept my cool maybe I would have another, I got passed in turn 5 and wound up running out of track in the straight trying to catch up, I managed to keep the bike upright but when I thought I had slowed down enough to turn back towards the pavement that was it, down it went, it was still running when I first picked it up but I guess I hit the kill switch and didn't notice, after trying to push start it a couple times I finally had my moment of clarity and turn the bike back on, the bike started up just in time to get back in line where I was before just one lap down.
My dad who lives in the Dallas area got to come out and see the races and brought his wife and nephew, they said just watching was some of the most fun they've had in awhile.
A thank you goes to my chauffeur that weekend, Thanks Kyle.
A big thank you to all that makes these races possible and the crawfish were fantastic.
dankosh is offline   Reply With Quote