MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2013, 02:09 AM   #21
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)
87 Honda Rebel 450 (sold)

Member Garage

Amen on no meds. Had my wisdom teeth out 2 years ago and there were some complications. Was on HC for several months. No problem quiting but it took me 7-8 months to get my head right. Everything was just off.

On a side note went to a job interview few days after surgery and when I walked in I said "Just so you know, I'm in extreme pain and complete whacked out of my head on pain meds."

They looked at each other, looked at me, and said "You're hired!". No interview, nothing. I should have known all theatre people are users...lol.

rev
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If I had a diary/blog.. it would be... CombatM0NKEY General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 06-20-2012 03:06 AM
Funny yet awkward Blog.... Gixxer-Joy Off Topic 2 11-19-2008 10:02 AM
Tesla, layoffs, blog post RACER X Off Topic 3 10-27-2008 10:46 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #22
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Hey mate sorry to hear about the unfortunate crash! I feel very lucky that I have walked away from my 2 track crashes with minimal injuries and no breaks. If you need a stock windscreen to replace the busted one, you have my number

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #23
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Hey mate sorry to hear about the unfortunate crash! I feel very lucky that I have walked away from my 2 track crashes with minimal injuries and no breaks. If you need a stock windscreen to replace the busted one, you have my number
Thanks for the offer, dude! She's at HoPD right now and Tony's got another Double Bubble on the way, so it should be good. I kinda wish someone had caught my wreck on film, but all I have are memories, scars and a few screws.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #24
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyApe View Post
Thanks for the offer, dude! She's at HoPD right now and Tony's got another Double Bubble on the way, so it should be good. I kinda wish someone had caught my wreck on film, but all I have are memories, scars and a few screws.
Always film at the track! Tony will get you fixed up right. Best of luck for a speedy recovery!

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #25
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R

Member Garage

So, the cast was removed yesterday and I got the removable one for another 3-5wks. I've added some gnarly pictures of my Frankenstein's Monster-looking arm and the cast after I realised that the blue and red colour scheme made it look Spiderman-esque.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	599357_10152804588705133_1726612053_n.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	68422   Click image for larger version

Name:	316273_10152804588845133_1879568915_n.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	68423   Click image for larger version

Name:	943227_10152806213080133_1772505186_n.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	68424  

Click image for larger version

Name:	941328_10152806213120133_34198329_n.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	68425   Click image for larger version

Name:	428439_10152765615690133_1917440226_n.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	68426  
Old 05-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #26
eklikewhoa

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
zx10r

That X-ray looks sick really cool despite the reasons.

Does it bother you or hurt any?
eklikewhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #27
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R

Member Garage

Since I haven't recovered fully, nor started physical therapy, I don't have full range of movement and my muscles hurt ridiculously. It's kind of hard to say at this point whether any of that discomfort is as a result of the plate or just stiffness or even just because the fracture hasn't closed up fully yet.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #28
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R

Member Garage

So, more good news: My ring finger on my right hand had been giving me issues that culminated in swelling to twice its normal size after a manly handshake with a new NCO in my unit. My doc x-rayed it and after zooming in, noticed a tiny little fracture right where the tendon attaches. Basically, every time I shake hands, knock that finger or even just flex it too quickly, the tendon gets severed. It should heal in 7-9wks and will forever look like a swollen knuckle oi...
Old 07-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #29
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R

Member Garage

I haven't updated in a while, but here it is:

Doc says I'm healing at a good rate and should start working on regaining my normal range of motion. I haven't start physical therapy yet, so it's mostly just applying gentle pressure to my wrist to get it to be able to turn again.

I picked up my bike yesterday and rode it home with no complications, nor issues. She's still got a few kinks to be worked out, but that's to be expected given the extent of the damage. Tony did a badass job getting my mechanical counterpart to a ridable state. A huge, HUGE thank you to Byrdman for helping me out with a ride to HoPD.

Advertisement