MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 08:34 PM   #21
ysr612

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Transalp, DRZ, Hurricane

at Oak Hill you were ok if the vin was easy to read and it checked out on make and model. They had to call in on a Muzzy Raptor or two. Muzzy stamped and extra digit on the Raptor so the cops thought it was an improper vin. They did shut the whole place down for a couple of hours while they were hassling people.
ysr612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions about first track day. plummer Taking it to the Track 34 03-01-2011 03:34 PM
To those that answered all my dumb questions about my bike and the track Grimace Taking it to the Track 9 01-28-2010 09:05 AM
Track Bike Setup Questions. cdill35 Taking it to the Track 24 10-14-2008 07:19 PM
Track Bike Fluid Questions CLETUS Taking it to the Track 9 04-08-2008 02:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2007, 08:58 PM   #22
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

just to clear up, im not saying the bikes at these track days are stolen. just that out of the tens and close to hundred trackdays they havent checked.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #23
delinquent

Bike(s):
2007 Triumph Speed Triple

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to delinquent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
Lol. No, i wont let that happen! Where the have you been anyways? You still ride? lol You cant talk ! :laughing6
Dude I ride all the time a few times a week. More than I can say for u. What do u have like 800 miles on your bike, haha! I been around call me sometime.
delinquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:03 PM   #24
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Track is much different than the street. Do yourself the favor Carbon suggested and try it on your street bike first. I know you don't want to crash it..........so use your head and ride within your limits. The fastest guy on the street is usually the slowest on the track. I'd rather see that than yet another yahoo coming out to "show" everyone how fast he isn't on his trackbike. Slow down there hot rod and listen to the great advice that comes off this board. It's usually pretty spot on when you wade through the post whores.

As for the title situation, the only time you would need to give the vin is for a race entry. You should not go to a race event without the ability to show ownership of the bike. I saw a buddies bike taken by the police as he had never titled the bike since it went straght from the dealer to the track. Got it back but was a HUGE hassle.

Last edited by Buck Beasley; 03-13-2007 at 10:06 PM.
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:45 PM   #25
Slowkat
Nutty Buddy

Send a message via AIM to Slowkat
If it doesnt have a title, it's prolly stolen...or at least something is 'fishy' about it...
Old 03-14-2007, 12:15 AM   #26
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

i'd rather have a salvage title over no title.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:45 AM   #27
lb3tx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
ZX10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
Im just looking for a cheaper price on getting a trackbike and thought it might save me some cash if i can find one like my buddy did with no title.
If you can't afford a legal bike you can't afford to ride. Would you drive a stolen BMW to work just because you got a deal on it? Would you buy your girl a stolen ring just to save a buck? If so, be careful who you tell or the cops might take you from the track along with your bike.

That being said, I can't believe cops are taking track bikes without proof of title unless those bikes are obviously also street bikes. The only probable cause suffecient to take a track bike (IMO) would be a verified stolen VIN, a scratched off VIN, or a report that a bike was stolen.

It's probably too late to get anything through Austin this session but would there be support for requiring track operators to record VINs? There wouldn't be a requirement for riders to have a VIN, or for track operators to verify the VINs, just to record them and make them available to law enforcement for up to 1 year. Other than the cost of a new filing cabinet and adding about 30 seconds to each tech inspection I don't see much impact.

I hate the nanny state but I like subsidizing riders of stolen bikes through higher insurance premiums even less.

Last edited by lb3tx; 03-15-2007 at 12:14 AM. Reason: adding oriqonal quote by...
lb3tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:09 AM   #28
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by delinquent
Dude I ride all the time a few times a week. More than I can say for u. What do u have like 800 miles on your bike, haha! I been around call me sometime.
Lol. Nah, i got 3000 on it now. I just put alot on it when i first got it and havent had anywhere near the time i did to ride it lately.

And ill give you a call. Thought you fell off the the face of the earth or something. lol
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:14 AM   #29
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley
Track is much different than the street. Do yourself the favor Carbon suggested and try it on your street bike first. I know you don't want to crash it..........so use your head and ride within your limits. The fastest guy on the street is usually the slowest on the track. I'd rather see that than yet another yahoo coming out to "show" everyone how fast he isn't on his trackbike. Slow down there hot rod and listen to the great advice that comes off this board. It's usually pretty spot on when you wade through the post whores.

As for the title situation, the only time you would need to give the vin is for a race entry. You should not go to a race event without the ability to show ownership of the bike. I saw a buddies bike taken by the police as he had never titled the bike since it went straght from the dealer to the track. Got it back but was a HUGE hassle.
Hey, im not saying im going to be the fattest guy out there or even fast for that matter. Never been on the track before so id be ignorant to say such a thing. I just know id like to try it and i f i can afford to get a track bike, id like to get one.

Worst case cenario(spelling) is i have to sell it if i dont like it. I dont see that happening though.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:16 AM   #30
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb3tx
If you can't afford a legal bike you can't afford to ride. Would you drive a stolen BMW to work just because you got a deal on it? Would you buy your girl a stolen ring just to save a buck? If so, be careful who you tell or the cops might take you from the track along with your bike.

That being said, I can't believe cops are taking track bikes without proof of title unless those bikes are obviously also street bikes. The only probable cause suffecient to take a track bike (IMO) would be a verified stolen VIN, a scratched off VIN, or a report that a bike was stolen.

It's probably too late to get anything through Austin this session but would there be support for requiring track operators to record VINs? There wouldn't be a requirement for riders to have a VIN, or for track operators to verify the VINs, just to record them and make them available to law enforcement for up to 1 year. Other than the cost of a new filing cabinet and adding about 30 seconds to each tech inspection I don't see much impact.

I hate the nanny state but I like subsidizing riders of stolen bikes through higher insurance premiums even less.
I can afford another legal bike man but i was making this post only because my buddy got the bike he did for cheap as ever because it didnt have a title. In parking lots, it doesnt matter if the bike isnt licensed or titled because its private property. Just asking if it worked the same at the track.

Advertisement