MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #41
hurahn

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

It's probably to help pay for that stadium. Too bad Keenum is gone.
hurahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
University of Houston students looking for 250cc engine p.orieukwu09 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 02-18-2015 08:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #42
CTtriple

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2009 Speed Triple 1050
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 (Wrecked)

Any update?

I E-mailed them again today after a few weeks of no answers. I'm planning on calling their offices tomorrow. Seems they are skirting around the problem.
CTtriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #43
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtriple View Post
Any update?

I E-mailed them again today after a few weeks of no answers. I'm planning on calling their offices tomorrow. Seems they are skirting around the problem.
Welcome to UH.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #44
Nesto1000
Mr. Noob

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2000 Suzuki GSX-R600 (Sold)
2012 Ninja 250r

If you buy a regular permit for another vehicle, the motorcycle permit is free. If you only get a motorcycle permit, then it's $50.

I think that that's fair.
Nesto1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #45
CTtriple

Bike(s):
2009 Speed Triple 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesto1000 View Post
If you buy a regular permit for another vehicle, the motorcycle permit is free. If you only get a motorcycle permit, then it's $50.

I think that that's fair.
I got happy reading the first part. The angry again reading the second. I thought they changed it or something.

Well we can only try by calling and e-mailing.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #46
CTtriple

Bike(s):
2009 Speed Triple 1050

So after annoying the director enough, I finally got a response.

"Good Morning xxxxxxxx,

After discussions with the Transportation and Parking Advisory Committee (TPAC) the policy was changed for the 2013-2014 academic year to where if the student purchases a regular parking permit the motorcycle permit is at not charge. The change was made on our e-biz site last week and posted to our social media site as well. TPAC will review the policy in the upcoming year so it may change for 2014-2015.

You are correct that other university’s offer the motorcycle permit at no charge when purchased with a regular permit. However more and more Universities are changing their policy because as more student use motorcycles the cost of providing motorcycle parking also increases. Many University have change their policy to where the motorcycle permits are sold at ˝ price or even full price when a regular permit is purchased."

I guess and moaning DOES work!

We're free for at least this next year. Who know's about the year after.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #47
Trish

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2008 CBR600rr
2006 DRZ400SM

I emailed them as well and they told me I had to complain to the committee themself even though the initial email said any questions or concerns could be emailed to... whatever that email was.

Either way, I don't buy a car parking pass, so I'll just have a friend add my motorcycle to her account. Done.

Thanks for the info!
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #48
CTtriple

Bike(s):
2009 Speed Triple 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
I emailed them as well and they told me I had to complain to the committee themself even though the initial email said any questions or concerns could be emailed to... whatever that email was.

Either way, I don't buy a car parking pass, so I'll just have a friend add my motorcycle to her account. Done.

Thanks for the info!
Hah I didn't think of that. I'll be offering it to a friend of mine who commutes daily on his bike. I hope he isn't a and doesn't get tickets put on my account!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #49
Trish

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2008 CBR600rr
2006 DRZ400SM

Quote:
Hah I didn't think of that. I'll be offering it to a friend of mine who commutes daily on his bike. I hope he isn't a and doesn't get tickets put on my account!
If he gets a ticket on your account, just remove the motorcycle from your account online and peal the sticker off of his bike since it's your sticker. That would be a move on his part!
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #50
alexb0i

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:

"Good Morning xxxxxxxx,

After discussions with the Transportation and Parking Advisory Committee (TPAC) the policy was changed for the 2013-2014 academic year to where if the student purchases a regular parking permit the motorcycle permit is at not charge. The change was made on our e-biz site last week and posted to our social media site as well. TPAC will review the policy in the upcoming year so it may change for 2014-2015.

You are correct that other university’s offer the motorcycle permit at no charge when purchased with a regular permit. However more and more Universities are changing their policy because as more student use motorcycles the cost of providing motorcycle parking also increases. Many University have change their policy to where the motorcycle permits are sold at ˝ price or even full price when a regular permit is purchased."

yeah! So glad we were able to get something done and our emails have been getting through!

We are safe...for now....
alexb0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #51
rhenriksen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'07 Bandit 1250
'03 CBR 600 racebike (parting out)
2013 Ducati Streetfighter 848
1984 Honda V65 Sabre (stolen)

What a pleasant surprise, nice to hear someone at UH is responsive.

Good job to everyone who called to rattle their cage!
rhenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #52
CTtriple

Bike(s):
2009 Speed Triple 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenriksen View Post
What a pleasant surprise, nice to hear someone at UH is responsive.

Good job to everyone who called to rattle their cage!
Totally. It had to have been a couple dozen emails or calls at least to make their notice.

If it changes next year we could probably get them to change their minds again.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #53
Rowdy76

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:

"Good Morning xxxxxxxx,

Did you paste this right off the email..lol. University Rep and they can not even use proper grammar. SMH

Great job fighting for what you wanted. Most people just say it nothing can be done.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #54
Sickspeed
Lets Ride

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
R6

Bumping this. Seeing if any MH guys are still going to UH. Seeing some sweet bikes out there
Sickspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #55
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Thought you were going to tailgate for one of the games
Old 09-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #56
Sickspeed
Lets Ride

Bike(s):
R6

Me? You must have me confused with someone else.

Also, I just searched and found this thread thinking it was a general UH thread, and just realize its a parking permit rant lol.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #57
chevy42083

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickspeed View Post
general UH thread
parking permit rant
Same thing

Glad I'm done and don't have to go... but I kinda miss my daily mid-day rides between work and school.

My last 2 semesters I got the free bike permit, didn't get a car permit, and just parked on the street by the gravel lots betweem the McDonald's and I45.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #58
Sickspeed
Lets Ride

Bike(s):
R6

Lol it. Who else here rides to UH? Saw a ducati 1098 that was insane. Was it one of you??
Old 09-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #59
tustah

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750

Honestly, you need to cut down on the length of the email. No one has time to read excess information that you put. Be straight and to the point. That makes for a more effective argument than sugar coating it with too much details.

Second, you have to look at it from both perspectives. If I was on their side, I can understand that motorcycle parking should be given if you purchase automobile parking, but I don't see why you shouldn't be charged at all when all other students pay. How do you present your argument there? You can't just say "because you've never charged before". Things change. Financial planning changes.

Either way, good luck with your protest. I think you need a more professional thought of argumentation/persuasion for your parking though. You can't expect them to respond immediately when this doesn't fall under their "important" tasks. Not to mention, the number of emails they probably receive on a daily basis.
tustah is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement