MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #41
Goblin333

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki SV1000S

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
Exactly. But like I said, They endanger my life and I return the favor. I stay strapped because of them. It is very easy to get tempted. Years of experience have helped. But I have had cager's before that were trying to kill me ( road rage I guess). I couldn't go anywhere because of traffic. In trying to resolve the situation calmly. I called the police to report. They told me there was nothing they could do unless a law had been broken or they had actually collided with me (they came within 2 inches multiple times). So when traffic opened up, I resorted to what I had to to protect my life. I didn't kill anyone. I didn't injure anyone. I sure as did property damage and scared the out of them. He backed off mighty quick and was never to be seen again.

I DO NOT CONDONE THIS BEHAVIOR. Just do what is necessary to protect ones life.
In my case, I just know that, as much as I hated doing 6 months in county (for kicking my roommate's ...long story), I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be any happier about sitting in prison, hence my being "sans glock".

I figure I'm better off dropping ball bearings, twisting the throttle, & leaving them wondering wtf just happened. Ya know?

Oh yeah...I almost forgot...F*@K THE POLICE...useless pu$$ies!

Last edited by Goblin333; 04-24-2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: cops suck._
Goblin333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cagers be killing everybody! darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 06-25-2013 06:10 PM
Thank you cagers!!! CraigRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 03-14-2012 10:14 AM
Cagers morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 12-15-2011 10:38 AM
Cagers can not see motorcyclists grsa Off Topic 14 05-05-2011 09:05 AM
Is it really the cagers fault? albertinhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 11-01-2010 08:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #42
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by darranwil View Post
start playing slolams with the strips or man hole covers or pot holes... they will back up.

rev
Yep. Swerve back and forth in your own lane and they will back off. Works every time.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #43
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

You lot tossing pennies and ball bearing at cagers might wanna consider what could happen:

What if the driver behind you freaks out, step on her brakes hard, gets rear-ended from behind, an the impact kills her 6months old infant?

What if your penny puncture her radiator, and she is stuck in the middle of a busy highway?

What if, next time, it's the pickup truck driver that tosses out the BBs and penny at another motorcyclist, because of what YOU once did to the pickup truck?

Would any of that be worth your satisfaction?
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #44
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Women in pick up trucks always want to race me. I always just twist the throttle just a tiny bit and leave them wondering how I did that.

Lol.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #45
RayBusa
Live Full & Die Empty

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06 Busa Street & Track
09 Yammy R1 Track
04 Gsx-r 600 in progress

well what i do if their tailgating is make sure no one is in front of me i look back while very lightly slow down while giving them this it usually scares them cause im 6'2 270lbs and look really fat & crazy and if that dont work i tell them to pull over (i dont condon doing this is have anger issues)
Old 04-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #46
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
Women in pick up trucks always want to race me. I always just twist the throttle just a tiny bit and leave them wondering how I did that.

Lol.
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #47
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

im usually going too fast for that stuff to happen
Old 04-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #48
BLiP

Experience: 9 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigntx View Post
A Lamborghini will eat u and me top end
Don't try it
Not worth jail
Yea I know he prob would have pulled on me after 140 or so I bet you could stay in front or dead even all the way to 180 on the zx10r still not worth it a few years ago I would have ran him regardless of new bike and stuff im older wiser and to many responsibilities to spend a few nights in jail!
BLiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #49
Squidward
SQUIDWARD

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
K9 GSXR 600 (Wrecked)
Ninja 650 (Sold)
'07 CBR1000RR (Sold)
'05 Kawasaki 636

Member Garage

Speaking back on this topic, someone in a "tricked out" scion and an eclipse just raced passed me going maybe 110+MPH over here on the causeway in Galveston, all I'm doing is heading to class and bam they pass me on both sides. Didn't even see them in my mirrors cause my elbow pads from my jacket take a chuck of my vision without lifting my arm to see.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #50
Squidward
SQUIDWARD

Bike(s):
K9 GSXR 600 (Wrecked)
Ninja 650 (Sold)
'07 CBR1000RR (Sold)
'05 Kawasaki 636

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.337 View Post
a handful of change or objects to politely toss up in the air as they are on your and rain down on their car will usually get them off your b/c they think your bike is breaking down lol.

I do not ride the street anymore so i do not condone this method i used in the past
My dad was saying "steel ball bearings work the best using that method", lol.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #51
Squidward
SQUIDWARD

Bike(s):
K9 GSXR 600 (Wrecked)
Ninja 650 (Sold)
'07 CBR1000RR (Sold)
'05 Kawasaki 636

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid Killer View Post
A few weeks ago I was riding my Ducati towards Galveston and some guy was trying to get me to race his SUV (really?) but sped off when I ignored him. Less than a minute later I slowly rode past him as the Highway Patrol had him pulled over. Good times.
Same thing happened to me when I took a bike trip to Mississippi. When going through Baton Rouge, LA, someone flew passed us wanting to instigate a race, but I ignored him. No more than 5 min later, BRPD had him pulled over, I laughed softly as I strolled on by.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #52
Goblin333

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki SV1000S

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
You lot tossing pennies and ball bearing at cagers might wanna consider what could happen:

What if the driver behind you freaks out, step on her brakes hard, gets rear-ended from behind, an the impact kills her 6months old infant?

What if your penny puncture her radiator, and she is stuck in the middle of a busy highway?

What if, next time, it's the pickup truck driver that tosses out the BBs and penny at another motorcyclist, because of what YOU once did to the pickup truck?

Would any of that be worth your satisfaction?
I'd have to give two about the welfare of the public @ large to worry about every possible negative consequence of giving some on the freeway for driving like a .

Plus, in the interest of fairness, consider this: what if the guy I throw a ball bearing @ slows down just enough that he misses hitting the car of a college student on his way home, & said student goes on to a brilliant career as a doctor, & eventually, discovers the cure for cancer?

I'm jussayin', you w/ my life/bike, you shouldn't be surprised by your dose of instant karma.
Goblin333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #53
Squidward
SQUIDWARD

Bike(s):
K9 GSXR 600 (Wrecked)
Ninja 650 (Sold)
'07 CBR1000RR (Sold)
'05 Kawasaki 636

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin333 View Post
I'd have to give two about the welfare of the public @ large to worry about every possible negative consequence of giving some on the freeway for driving like a .

Plus, in the interest of fairness, consider this: what if the guy I throw a ball bearing @ slows down just enough that he misses hitting the car of a college student on his way home, & said student goes on to a brilliant career as a doctor, & eventually, discovers the cure for cancer?

I'm jussayin', you w/ my life/bike, you shouldn't be surprised by your dose of instant karma.

I agree with you
Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #54
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Start throwing stuff at vehicles, and they will throw stuff back. Not a good choice. Last thing I need is someone doing that to me because of what another rider doing that to them.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #55
Squidward
SQUIDWARD

Bike(s):
K9 GSXR 600 (Wrecked)
Ninja 650 (Sold)
'07 CBR1000RR (Sold)
'05 Kawasaki 636

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
Start throwing stuff at vehicles, and they will throw stuff back. Not a good choice. Last thing I need is someone doing that to me because of what another rider doing that to them.
I don't ever ride super close behind someone due to the fact I am on a 400+/-Lb vehicle, I would hope they aren't throwing out when I am a few car lengths away.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #56
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin333 View Post

If you live long enough, you might eventually understand that EVERYTHING you do carries a consequence back onto yourself. Walk graveyards long enough, you'll sooner or later meet a ghost.

It's your life. Live however you see fit.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #57
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhn1203 View Post
I don't ever ride super close behind someone due to the fact I am on a 400+/-Lb vehicle, I would hope they aren't throwing out when I am a few car lengths away.
I understand you bro! It's called respect other people, and stay safe. If someone is wanting to get by, let them, and viceversa.
I do get upset when someone is blocking the fast lane, and they are texting or on the phone. I miss 1985 when the technology wasn't there. People paid more attention.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #58
Squidward
SQUIDWARD

Bike(s):
K9 GSXR 600 (Wrecked)
Ninja 650 (Sold)
'07 CBR1000RR (Sold)
'05 Kawasaki 636

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
I understand you bro! It's called respect other people, and stay safe. If someone is wanting to get by, let them, and viceversa.
I do get upset when someone is blocking the fast lane, and they are texting or on the phone. I miss 1985 when the technology wasn't there. People paid more attention.
What I hate most is the LACK of respect for riders. Some SUV drove me to the shoulder then chased me just because I flashed them when they cut in front of me without a signal, and i mean they were close to me. I hated driving on the shoulder, but they forced me.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #59
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhn1203 View Post
What I hate most is the LACK of respect for riders. Some SUV drove me to the shoulder then chased me just because I flashed them when they cut in front of me without a signal, and i mean they were close to me. I hated driving on the shoulder, but they forced me.
Take the next exit loop around, and get back on the freeway. ( hot pit ).
Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #60
Vividkid

Welcome to riding a sport bike.

Advertisement