MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
SafetyLimiter
Senior Member
 
SafetyLimiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 487

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage


Translogic Dash

Anyone here install this? Looking at picking it up, but heard it is a headache to install. Looking for thoughts or opinions from anyone who is familiar with it.

https://www.motomummy.com/translogic...-micro-dash-3/
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aprilia dash. HighSpeedPanic General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 06-13-2014 08:15 AM
Warrior Dash Chubby Racer Off Topic 19 02-07-2012 07:14 PM
Warrior Dash philly fresh Events, Meets and Rides 1 01-26-2011 11:43 PM
warrior dash Rallo Events, Meets and Rides 3 05-07-2010 11:34 AM
Dash Cam DOV General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 03-27-2008 12:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
The Hulk
Smash
 
The Hulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 983

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 ZX10R




Member Garage





If you get it and install it, interested in results
__________________
Jerry
The Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:48 AM   #3
SafetyLimiter
Senior Member
 
SafetyLimiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 487

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage


I'm going to get, it just debating if I want to install it or have the shop do it. Don't really have the time. When I do get it installed ill throw up some pics.
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:25 AM   #4
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou
 
Romeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: stinkadena
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,326

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107









Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
Thanks for posting that up. I've been wondering who the made that. Lol. Seen them before and long time ago and couldn't remember who the manufacturer was haha
__________________
Riding a Duc is kind of like, you may get a cramp in your wrist, but you keep on trucking because it feels so good.
Romeo36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #5
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,367

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide






We've used those for a few years, starting back in '03 on our SV650 racebike.
They're a good product, although installation and calibration can sometimes be a pain.
What bike are you installing it on?
__________________
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.
MAKE SURE TO MENTION YOU'RE ON MH TO GET THE BEST PRICE!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!


muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
SafetyLimiter
Senior Member
 
SafetyLimiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 487

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
Thanks for posting that up. I've been wondering who the made that. Lol. Seen them before and long time ago and couldn't remember who the manufacturer was haha
Yeah,no problem I'm glad I could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
We've used those for a few years, starting back in '03 on our SV650 racebike.
They're a good product, although installation and calibration can sometimes be a pain.
What bike are you installing it on?
That's what I have been reading. It's going on an 03 GSX-R 1000. I have the service manual and wiring diagram but can't really find that clock wire. Plus I have been seeing guys using the there own speedo sensor instead of the one it comes with. By the way how much would it run to install this Patrick since your familiar with it?
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #7
SafetyLimiter
Senior Member
 
SafetyLimiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 487

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage


Bump
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #8
imma_stocker
cager
 
imma_stocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 723

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1











Not difficult to install. Tedious, time consuming, and nasty to troubleshoot though. That's the part where an experienced hand will be beneficial, especially experience on same bike and cluster.
__________________
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einstein
imma_stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #9
SafetyLimiter
Senior Member
 
SafetyLimiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 487

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage


I gave up on it. With the little time I have I feel this would turn into a nightmare for me. Even the dealer seemed scared when I asked about a price, which was crazy, and I even thought of going with koso gauges, but same thing. Some day i'll make the switch. For now I'm leaving this one alone.
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #10
cyon
Senior Member
 
cyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 553

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 ZX6R
2008 TTR125








Educate me. What's difficult about installing this? I don't have install instructions at hand. Is it the soldering and identifying wires?

Soldering is easy and identifying wires shouldn't be hard if you have the wiring diagrams for your bike.

Am I missing something?
cyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #11
imma_stocker
cager
 
imma_stocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 723

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1











Quote:
Originally Posted by cyon View Post
Educate me. What's difficult about installing this? I don't have install instructions at hand. Is it the soldering and identifying wires?

Soldering is easy and identifying wires shouldn't be hard if you have the wiring diagrams for your bike.

Am I missing something?
That and mounting is all there is to it. A little calibration is involved but that's typical wth aftermarket tachs and speedos. Might need to run a few more wires but that depends on vehicle. No idea if our low fuel lights are just dummy gauges or actually feed a semi-accurate current for fuel level. Dummy gauge may involve replacing the float switch with one the dash can read, again no idea when it comes to bikes.

Not a difficult task but it takes time to do it right. Soldered and heat shrinked weatherproof connections takes time. Tracing, routing, and extending wires takes time. Reading the schematics takes time. And mounting (unless you buy a bolt-in mounting plate) takes time.

Finding you got something crossed at the end of it just to tear it back out and re-trace takes more time.
__________________
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einstein
imma_stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #12
cyon
Senior Member
 
cyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 553

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 ZX6R
2008 TTR125








^-- I gotcha.

SafetyLimiter: If you decide to get it I'd be happy to help you out. I've been soldering and tinkering with electronics for years so let me know if you want a hand.
cyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:55 AM   #13
SafetyLimiter
Senior Member
 
SafetyLimiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 487

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by imma_stocker View Post
That and mounting is all there is to it. A little calibration is involved but that's typical wth aftermarket tachs and speedos. Might need to run a few more wires but that depends on vehicle. No idea if our low fuel lights are just dummy gauges or actually feed a semi-accurate current for fuel level. Dummy gauge may involve replacing the float switch with one the dash can read, again no idea when it comes to bikes.

Not a difficult task but it takes time to do it right. Soldered and heat shrinked weatherproof connections takes time. Tracing, routing, and extending wires takes time. Reading the schematics takes time. And mounting (unless you buy a bolt-in mounting plate) takes time.

Finding you got something crossed at the end of it just to tear it back out and re-trace takes more time.
What he just said. Key word time. Don't have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyon View Post
^-- I gotcha.

SafetyLimiter: If you decide to get it I'd be happy to help you out. I've been soldering and tinkering with electronics for years so let me know if you want a hand.
This sucks. I have had guys throw a helping hand out there. I'll just add you to the list. If you feel like driving out to Alabama to help your the man! In reality i'm stuck out here for another year until I finish school. If you can keep that offer on the table and get this thing installed. I'll rent a helicopter and fly us out for a trackday if you ever want to. Thanks man.
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:51 AM   #14
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member
 
Hail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 3,352

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S








I am installing a Vapor dash on my DRZ. I am doing most of the work but will likely take it in to Motorcycles Unlimited and let them calibrate and finalize anything I cannot do.
Hail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #15
SafetyLimiter
Senior Member
 
SafetyLimiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 487

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail View Post
I am installing a Vapor dash on my DRZ. I am doing most of the work but will likely take it in to Motorcycles Unlimited and let them calibrate and finalize anything I cannot do.
Let me know how much that will run you. I"ll probably tackle this when I get back.
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy