MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2007, 04:04 PM   #21
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Picture or you dont own them

Post the picture of you in them fee free to pose on the bike as you wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
Bombshell boot are all about the "Tude" - Either you have, or you don't...

PS - I love heels. Closet FULL of heels. When I saw these boots, I bought them first. Then I signed up for BSC (this weekend) and then I bought the bike... I don't currently ride, but I plan to learn to ride in them. If you always wear heels anyway, they won't feel wrong. If you never wear heels, don't start here!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What the difference on Men VS Women boots? tonyt915 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 09-30-2008 09:37 PM
who carries icon boots? Urandaman Gear Talk 22 08-17-2007 03:38 AM
Icon Motorhead White Boots amber|alexis Gear Talk 5 06-24-2007 02:44 AM
Icon Motorhead Boots PB125 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 10-20-2006 08:02 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2007, 04:15 PM   #22
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4i amber View Post
Just wondering if any of the ladies on this site have these or know anyone that has them? I love the look, just not sure about how they feel when riding?

2f9c 1

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
I TRIED THEM ON AT PWR SPORTS, AND UMMMM NO! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND FOR RIDING, MAYBE A PASSANGER. BUT I COULD JUST SEE MYSELF STOPPING AT A LIGHT AND MY ANKLE GIVING OUT AND THE WHOLE BIKE FALLING OVER!

BUT THAT IS JUST WHAT I THINK.
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:42 PM   #23
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
those look like boots for fun times in the bedroom

or garage
Romeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:52 PM   #24
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

thats a broken ankle in the making. DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #25
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
^^ arent motorcycles broken ankles in the making?
Romeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:23 PM   #26
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

to a certain degree, but putting your feet at such and angle just makes it much more probable.

ICON again shows they make stuff.

Quote:
but I plan to learn to ride in them. !
i highly recommend to my female students not to waer such high heels, after having had 1 break her ankle in class. and i blame it mostly on the boots, i feel if she were wearing flats she wouldn't have broken her ankle.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016

Last edited by RACER X; 09-07-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #27
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

One of the girls wore them at the first girls' only ride. I forgot who it was but maybe she'll see this and respond. I had asked her about them and she said she is tippy-toing her bike and this actually gives her more footing, which makes sense.

I have no clue how safe they are in a crash and as folks know, I have gotten superpicky about boots since my crash, so I wouldn't get them anymore but if it gives a girl more confidence at stopsigns and lights and they can otherwise walk good in them, then good.

If they paired those Icons with Sidi Vertigo Corsa's, well, then we'd be talking.

Last edited by Faylaricia; 09-07-2007 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Grammar
Faylaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:23 PM   #28
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR 1/2 View Post
I TRIED THEM ON AT PWR SPORTS, AND UMMMM NO! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND FOR RIDING, MAYBE A PASSANGER. BUT I COULD JUST SEE MYSELF STOPPING AT A LIGHT AND MY ANKLE GIVING OUT AND THE WHOLE BIKE FALLING OVER!

BUT THAT IS JUST WHAT I THINK.
NOt even as a passenger [since i ride ]. Your feet would slip too much.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #29
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
One of the girls wore them at the first girls' only ride. I forgot who it was but maybe she'll see this and respond. I had asked her about them and she said she is tippy-toing her bike and this actually gives her more footing, which makes sense.
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR 1/2 View Post
I TRIED THEM ON AT PWR SPORTS, AND BUT I COULD JUST SEE MYSELF STOPPING AT A LIGHT AND MY ANKLE GIVING OUT AND THE WHOLE BIKE FALLING OVER!

+ either twisting or breaking your ankle. becuase your feet are so high off the ground.

having your feet as close and flat to the ground is best. if you've looked at real riding boots, the heel is very low and the entire sole is flat, for a reason.

if your a shorter rider, you really have to think more about your stop and foot placement and the terrain your stopping on. vs buying high heels to try and compensate.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016

Last edited by RACER X; 09-07-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #30
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

Sorry I didn't mean to read this thread. I thought it was titled, "Womens Bombshell " not boots

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:04 PM   #31
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
if your a shorter rider, you really have to think more about your stop and foot placement and the terrain your stopping on. vs buying high heels to try and compensate.
I am always tippy-toing the VFR. Well, I get a bit of the ball of my foot on the ground and that is it. For that reason, I had seriously considered something with heels, just to give me contact with the heel. Needless to say, I won't buy boots for that reason anymore.

I really can't say how they work. I guess one can lose control with just their toes on the ground or boots in heels. On a girls only forum I am on, a few girls have boots with some heel (higher than normal) and they seem pretty happy and confident with them. Maybe the girl who actually has them will eventually chime in.

Last edited by Faylaricia; 09-07-2007 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Grammar - Argh
Faylaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #32
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

I think this "chat" has opened a whole new can. Proving how valuable a site like this can be for New riders full of P and V.

I can see the value of confidence, safety and responsibility. I have fallen off my "heels" plenty of times, just the odd mis-step and TaDa!

I would like to say, (In my defence - Duh) I don't care what anyone else thinks. Only, that's a lie. The reason I joined this site was to know what others think. You may be right. I don't ride, have never ridden other than, Uh... B****, and the boots feel fine for traction and stability to me.

BECAUSE of this thread, I AM wearing these boots and I'm taking my trusty, sturdy, metal shank, flat footed, ugly, hiking boots to the BRC tomorrow. I'm starting on the heels, but if for any reason I feel uncomfortable, at any time, for any reason, I can change and just wear the Bombshell boots for show (or in the bedroom "wink") when I ride behind Guitar Man.

So Thanks. Communal Education and a strong desire not to get hurt or die led me here. Hopefully respectful, back and forth interaction, will maintain my attention and continue my education long after the class is over.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:26 PM   #33
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
and the boots feel fine for traction and stability to me.
I have heard from and about several women how they lost confidence because they got a bike and dropped them at a stop sign while practising in the neighborhood or whatnot. One guy I know, his wife got a SV650 and dropped her three times with only 50 miles experience because she is tippy-toing and has barely any footing. Since she does fine on the dirtbike, that is all she rides. The SV is not being ridden for at least a couple of years.

Before one quits riding altogether, by gosh, get boots with heels, and if it is only for the sake of confidence.

Later, when you get more comfortable with the bike and get more confidence and it feels like you've always had it between your legs, then dump the heels. Your riding will get more advanced, you'll be doing faster paced riding. At that point, move to the safety strategy and get the best gear you can afford so you won't get a broken ankle or a gash in your foot.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:49 AM   #34
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

well meaner, the thing is today, your sitting on a low small bike, depending on what you get as a real bike, diff. story.

and you might feel fine for the most part, but it's in emergancy situations is when those heels are gonna kick your .

the lady who broke her ankle in my class, was coming into a quick stop, locked the ft tire, and rode it into the ground, planted her foot, becuase of the heel, her foot twisted and it went downhill from there.

btw, i tippy toe ever bike i;m on. like i said, when your shorter or have short legs (my case) you have to prepare early and always be thinking.

"dress for the crash" applies to footwear as well.

best of luck in class, have fun.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016

Last edited by RACER X; 09-08-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:13 PM   #35
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Bike(s):
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

WOW! Hubby bought me an 02 Yamaha Virago 250 last Tuesday, so I rode it in class today.

The Boot Class Facts. I did not feel unsteady, or wobbly, (most likely because I've been wearing them for awhile already) however, I DID change boots half way through the class because I found that I was actually feeling TOO tall for this bike. I didn't like the having my knees "in my ears" feeling. And while I still love the boots, I will wear low heels when I ride tomorrow and until I am more comfortable starting and stopping, because once I was moving, I couldn't tell the difference in the Bombshell or the hiking boots.

Hope this helps all those gals who are considering the Bombshell boots. I agree with Faylaricia - If the boots keep you learning, growing, confident, that can't be all bad...

(PS - 100% on my Written Exam today!)
Old 09-08-2007, 07:41 PM   #36
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

I want a picture of you on the bike with the boots on or I say

Quote:
WOW! Hubby bought me an 02 Yamaha Virago 250 last Tuesday, so I rode it in class today.

The Boot Class Facts. I did not feel unsteady, or wobbly, (most likely because I've been wearing them for awhile already) however, I DID change boots half way through the class because I found that I was actually feeling TOO tall for this bike. I didn't like the having my knees "in my ears" feeling. And while I still love the boots, I will wear low heels when I ride tomorrow and until I am more comfortable starting and stopping, because once I was moving, I couldn't tell the difference in the Bombshell or the hiking boots.

Hope this helps all those gals who are considering the Bombshell boots. I agree with Faylaricia - If the boots keep you learning, growing, confident, that can't be all bad...

(PS - 100% on my Written Exam today!)
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #37
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Bike(s):
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

On the Bike, In the Boots...

Meaner-n-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:59 AM   #38