MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
Lee-RR

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R
2007 Honda CBR600RR (Sold)
2006 Suzuki Blvd 650 (Sold)

TWS (Texas World Speedway) First Track Day (Level 1) 4-13-2013

First time ever on a track, I know I'm slow, but I'm learning.

Feel free to pick the video apart, criticize, point out areas of improvement, offer advice, whatever... I'm not easily offended so do your worst . Maybe I'll learn something along the way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aq28XcpR0TE

(not sure how to embed video here)
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Level 1, 2 & 3 Track Day Equipment Seawall Taking it to the Track 55 07-06-2015 09:02 PM
TWS (Texas World Speedway) Suggested Track Times Per Level SCobraVT99 Taking it to the Track 28 12-03-2013 01:51 PM
TWS (Texas World Speedway) Track day (Level 1) Criticize me! Slovy Taking it to the Track 47 04-17-2013 10:56 PM
TWS (Texas World Speedway) May 13 2012 crash Level 2 rz500guy Taking it to the Track 7 06-27-2012 05:45 PM
RideSmart Track Day @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 5.26.08 - Memorial Day!!! - Roll Call Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 6 04-09-2008 06:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

pretty sick
Old 04-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
Lee-RR

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
pretty sick
Umayr, you can see whats left of your bike on the trailer at the start of the vid lol
Old 04-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
cyon

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2009 ZX6R
2008 TTR125

First off you used great songs in your video, I approve, good job. Because of the angle of the video it's hard to see your body position. IMO, in the beginning you should work on your lines, body position and being consistent/predictable. Speed will come naturally as you progress.
cyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
Slovy
BRAWP Racing

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-RR View Post
First time ever on a track, I know I'm slow, but I'm learning.

Feel free to pick the video apart, criticize, point out areas of improvement, offer advice, whatever... I'm not easily offended so do your worst . Maybe I'll learn something along the way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aq28XcpR0TE

(not sure how to embed video here)
haha i love it man, i cant wait to see you out there again!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Good job staying on the line for your first track day...smoothness is a major factor...(throttle control)

The more seat time the better... you'll learn the tracks.

Your BP looks ok, but your head stays in one spot..not sure if you remember the classroom material, but if you put your finger on your head, you'll notice it doesn't move to the inside of your lean angle very much...get off the bike a little more(Half of your off the seat)....get your knee out more, and you can decrease your lean angle and carry more speed...but thats more for later down the road...

Keep at it man! Good Job out there!

If you have stands at home and a friend to hold your bike, you can do some body position exercises...get your vid on a laptop in front of you on a chair of something, and practice getting off the bike. When riding the backroads, or interchanges. you can exaggerate to practice, but the speeds don't usually warrant the "track bp" so be careful if you do...
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
wesleh

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
08 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykoson View Post
Good job staying on the line for your first track day...smoothness is a major factor...(throttle control)

Your BP looks ok, but your head stays in one spot..not sure if you remember the classroom material, but if you put your finger on your head, you'll notice it doesn't move to the inside of your lean angle very much...get off the bike a little more(Half of your off the seat)....get your knee out more, and you can decrease your lean angle and carry more speed...but thats more for later down the road...

If you have stands at home and a friend to hold your bike, you can do some body position exercises...get your vid on a laptop in front of you on a chair of something, and practice getting off the bike. When riding the backroads, or interchanges. you can exaggerate to practice, but the speeds don't usually warrant the "track bp" so be careful if you do...
^What I wanted to say has been said!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

I'll also practice when I go somewhere out the house...

In my car...

What? Nobody else sticks their knee out while driving?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #9
Slovy
BRAWP Racing

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600rr

Quote:

This is what halffast is all about!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #10
Lee-RR

Bike(s):

Quote:

Thanks bud!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #11
Lee-RR

Bike(s):

Quote:

Definitely going to be practicing this every time I can! Can't wait to get back to the track, hopefully with some track fairings so I can worry less about the very expensive new OEM ones lol
Old 04-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #12
Slovy
BRAWP Racing

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-RR View Post
Definitely going to be practicing this every time I can! Can't wait to get back to the track, hopefully with some track fairings so I can worry less about the very expensive new OEM ones lol
I still wanna help you convert that beast

Advertisement