MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Safety Corner Main
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2007, 10:32 PM   #1
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

close call!

so I hit a rock or something mid-turn (right hander) and the bike started to low-side (scraped the side of my boot and the foot peg! YIKES!!) but my angels somehow got me and the bike to stand back up (yes, there IS a :notworthy ). Now it feels as if the rear is slipping around even when I am not pushing all that hard. My first thought is that I'm just scared now, but could something be wrong with the bike? The back wheel is true and I didn't lay the thing down, the only thing I can see is a very slight gouge in the back wheel (not on the edge, but the flat part where the wheel weights go). Any comments? Thanks!
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SERIOUS close call tripspeed General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 09-13-2014 03:16 PM
Close call pester Off Topic 8 05-29-2014 11:03 AM
Close call Jay Stunters Lounge 9 07-09-2007 10:20 AM
Close Call therky42 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 11-06-2006 05:29 PM
Close Call 1FastMF General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 08-27-2006 01:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2007, 10:38 PM   #2
Red

Member Garage

I felt the same last night when I took my girl out for a ride we hit a 2by4 about 65mph in heavy traffic going through the Woodlands. We got some air, but all we had time to do was pucker up. I guess that is working over time this weekend.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #3
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Apparently... and thankfully.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
Red

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TODDRITZ
Apparently... and thankfully.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:52 PM   #5
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

put some clean underwear on and go have some fun
Old 03-10-2007, 11:11 PM   #6
Red

Member Garage

Quote:Now it feels as if the rear is slipping around even when I am not pushing all that hard.

Every time Ihave been out lately I have been lighting up the rear tire alot, in the curves and or on the straights. Same tires, same roads, same throttle control just seems alot more slippery. Maybe all the pollen and trash on the roads it hasn't rained in a while to clean up the streets and I know by the end of the day my car is yellow as from all the pollen and dirt in the air.
Be careful out there
Old 03-10-2007, 11:34 PM   #7
Squeaky

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
I had a pucker moment today on uneven pavement. I knew the road had been recently repaved and wasn't smooth, and heading into a 40mph left-hander I got caught staring out into the field on the right. Something snapped me back to attention and I caught a little front brake before I hit the apex. I scraped peg and boot, so I know I wasn't set up correctly for the turn.

Let's all stay focused out there guys n gals! Just a momentary lapse in concentration almost got me - and rocks/gravel/animals/traffic/debris is always going to be out there!
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #8
Dustin7s
bamf

Bike(s):
r6

you got the fear in ya now.lol it'll go away soon enough. congrats on not lowsiding
Dustin7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:16 AM   #9
therky42

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 VTX 1300C, YZ 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcomfynumero2
put some clean underwear on and go have some fun
:laughing6 , probably just your nerves now
Old 03-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #10
WideTurn

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
95 CBR F3

I also had a "pucker moment" Saturday courtesy of a cager. I was coming back from the bike thing at Stubbs and was almost home. I got in the left lane because I had to make the left turn. Some @$#@@% was in that lane about a 1/4 mile back and flew right up on me. He also made the left and stayed right up on me. I was olny going about 30 yards before the (left) entrance to my complex so I didn't think much of it. I put my blinker on (again) and tapped my hand brake a few times to make the light blink so the guy would realize I was slowing down. Apparently he didn't because all of a sudden all I heard was his tires screech to a stop (as I was turning). I looked back and he was stopped in the middle of the street shaking. I could also feel my wife (who was on the back) shaking. He waved to me and mouthed "I'm sorry" before he took off again. Just a heads up people, sometimes they don't see you when you're right in front of them.

On the subject of this thread, I agree. The roads are probably slippery from all the pollen and stuff. I washed my bike and my wifes car, and while I was vaccuuming her car I saw it was already covered in pollen again.
WideTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:24 PM   #11
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

A change of underwear was all I needed... and good call on the pollen and whatnot all over the roads. The weekend should be perfect after the roads are rain-cleaned!

Advertisement