MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #61
Candace
KweenB

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Kawi ZX6R x2 (1 track/1 street)
09 Kawi ZX6R (RIP)
09 Kawi 250R SE (sold)
2008 Kawi ZZR 600 (sold)
2008 Kawi Ninja 500R (sold)

Easyrider, pls check your PM.

TWS (Texas World Speedway) did allow an extra hour, and based on what Dave announced "Please thank TWS (Texas World Speedway)...", my assumption was that it was their call.

The guy that went over 7 today, was a friend. He was full speed going to T7, and hit a false "N". Braked as much as possible, but lost traction, went over the hill and crashed after leaving the pavement. Bike doesn't look too pretty right now, but he is actually very fortunate in that, at least for now, he's just really sore.

Shout out to the CW's and TWS (Texas World Speedway) staff for doing a great job of cleaning the mess out there yesterday, and for working an add'l hour so everyone could get back some of their track time.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lol, Someone got DUMPED. Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 02-10-2015 09:54 AM
I dumped my bike, again. DavidGsXr General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 08-27-2012 02:03 PM
Had an ashtray dumped on me yesterday. AaronP220 Off Topic 20 04-27-2009 03:54 PM
Got dumped aznchickboi Events, Meets and Rides 272 03-27-2006 03:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #62
Yorke

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2003 CBR954RR
1979 KZ810 Cafe Racer
2001 Ducati 996s (RIP)

Sorry to hear you broke your wrist, hope you heal up quick and get back out there. I thought Ridesmart did a great job considering the circumstances, and Dave announced that TWS (Texas World Speedway) had given an extra hour.

I ran two sessions with the cones out from T7-T10, it was a little awkward at first. But me and everyone else made the most of it, and still had a blast getting to run the rest of the track.
Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #63
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
I'll be having surgery on Thursday in the morning. I'll be at Texas Orthopaedic Hospital overnight to monitor my pain levels. Apparently the break is worse than I was led to believe, the bits of bone that I thought looked whole are practically shattered and my cartilage may be severed. There's no way of knowing how bad it is until they open up my arm...

Just in case anyone was curious.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #64
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyApe View Post
I'll be having surgery on Thursday in the morning. I'll be at Texas Orthopaedic Hospital overnight to monitor my pain levels. Apparently the break is worse than I was led to believe, the bits of bone that I thought looked whole are practically shattered and my cartilage may be severed. There's no way of knowing how bad it is until they open up my arm...

Sometimes surgery leads to better healing than not having surgery. Hope you recover fully without issue.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #65
j_e_hurst
Josh

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Quote:

That sucks man. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Let us know how it goes. Hope to see you back out there soon.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #66
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_e_hurst View Post
That sucks man. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Let us know how it goes. Hope to see you back out there soon.
You can count on it! Thanks for the well-wishes.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #67
Candace
KweenB

Bike(s):
2009 Kawi ZX6R x2 (1 track/1 street)
09 Kawi ZX6R (RIP)
09 Kawi 250R SE (sold)
2008 Kawi ZZR 600 (sold)
2008 Kawi Ninja 500R (sold)

Good luck, Chris. Heal up and get your rehab done quick, so you can get back out there! Keep us posted.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #68
eklikewhoa

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
zx10r

Hope you heal soon armyape.

This track day thing sounds fun
eklikewhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #69
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklikewhoa View Post
Hope you heal soon armyape.

This track day thing sounds fun
Don't take my experience as the "norm." What happened to me was a freak accident and highly improbable. I learned an insane amount about the capabilities of my bike and took it to limits that just aren't possible to learn on the street without serious risk to yourself. RideSmart has a 50% off deal and leathers are free for first-timers (life savers, by the way). Definitely something I'd recommend doing if you go in with the mindset of wanting to learn
Old 04-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #70
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Yup anything can happen anywhere. Glad you are semi ok and wanting to get back out there. The track is the best upgrade you can get for your bike as many have said

Just last week two vehicles stop suddenly because of a goose walking across the street. I was able to do everything to maneuver between the two vehicles and then the bird. If this happened last year i would have smashed into the back of that vehicle.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #71
Slovy
BRAWP Racing

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
Yup anything can happen anywhere. Glad you are semi ok and wanting to get back out there. The track is the best upgrade you can get for your bike as many have said

Just last week two vehicles stop suddenly because of a goose walking across the street. I was able to do everything to maneuver between the two vehicles and then the bird. If this happened last year i would have smashed into the back of that vehicle.
Teach me your ways!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #72
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slovy View Post
Teach me your ways!
Just dont close your eyes lol!!

No but it is a true story. My heart has never pumped that fast before.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #73
Slovy
BRAWP Racing

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600rr

Quote:
Just dont close your eyes lol!!

No but it is a true story. My heart has never pumped that fast before.
Probably because you daily work out includes changing the tv channel!

Jp :p
Old 04-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #74
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Probably because you daily work out includes changing the tv channel!

Jp :p
I will bench press your little haha!!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #75
Slovy
BRAWP Racing

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600rr

Quote:
I will bench press your little haha!!
all 90 pounds?

pfft im on that newrider diet, you can with me
Old 04-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #76
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
all 90 pounds?

pfft im on that newrider diet, you can with me
Lmao I can easily do 90 with one arm!!!

And you did not see Ivan before...

Lets just say he has added a few pounds lol
Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #77
slowposer
pose slower

Bike(s):
bikeless :(

factory filters folks!...(and lube and tighten them right)

Heal up quick
slowposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #78
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowposer View Post
factory filters folks!...(and lube and tighten them right)

Heal up quick
Yea over tighten can also bust the seal, just need to be hand tight.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #79
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Hope your surgery goes well ape

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #80
exalted512
Slow^^^

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to exalted512
Hey guys,

I was track marshaling on Saturday, so I'm going to try and address these posts to the best of my ability. If you have any questions, I'd love to go over them with you on here or via PM.

Quote:
Anyone ever get oil slippage on the track? I mean honestly what can you do?
There's really nothing you can do. Straighten up the bike, try to find the oil and ride around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
, the corner workers didn't warn you all? Or had just happened, and nobody knew.
The corner workers were on top of it. As soon as they saw smoke, they got their yellow flags out and called it in to me. They didn't know it was oil at first, but they found out very soon afterwards and it was called. The wreck happened 3-4 bikes back. Unfortunately, things just don't happen that fast. Especially in T7 and T8 when the corner workers are high on stands. T7 is a very fast turn coming off the second fastest section of the track. The few seconds it takes to see it, react, get the flag, and run down to the edge of the track is a lot of ground covered on the track by our riders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhaven View Post
It sure did leave a mess though..Hated to see 2 guys go down because of it to!..and most of the level 3 guys left because of it.. TWS (Texas World Speedway) did do a good job of cleaning up though... happens... great day other wise.
That wasn't just TWS (Texas World Speedway), that was RideSmart as well. We had every corner worker on that section of track going through buckets and bags of speedy dry sweeping it into the track to soak up the oil and then sweeping it off the track. TWS (Texas World Speedway) was helping - but that was the guys that had already been out there in the sun since 7:30 am.

Quote:
From what I heard, the oil leak was pointed out before the actual spill occurred. I now have a broken wrist. Thanks, .
Army, I've very sorry for what happened. I was in the same position a couple months ago. Someone a couple bikes ahead of me lost their coolant cap and I went down as a result. It's a pretty feeling when you go down for something that wasn't your fault.

I can, however, assure you that no RideSmart employee / volunteer was notified of an oil leak before the spill occurred. I'm not sure who you heard it was pointed out to, but I wasn't notified and it definitely wasn't any of my corner workers.

Again, I'm truly sorry for what happened. That's just part of the game motorcyclists play. It's not just the track. There's oil and coolant all over the roads we ride on the street as well. When I crashed because of the coolant, I was thankful I was on the track. I didn't hit anything but pavement and grass and I was wearing the best protection I could have been wearing. Playing out the same scenario on the street, everything would have turned out much worse.

Quote:
To top it off was the guy in the yellow shirt telling me, whilst I'm lying on the ground, "if you'd just followed your line, this wouldn't have happened." I don't know who he was, but that's BS.
That's not acceptable and we are looking into that matter. Thanks for pointing it out to us. The oil was ON THE RACE LINE in T7. You did nothing wrong and I apologize.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm a little grouchy given the circumstances. Thanks for the encouragement though
It's understandable man. I hope you heal up soon and we see you back on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gots2no View Post
RideSmart did a good job of cleaning up and marking the area with cones, so we could finish the day. Big thanks to TWS (Texas World Speedway) for giving us an extra hour to make up for the lost time. Had a great time out there.
The corner workers did a great job on cleaning up everything. We had everyone we could working out there to get you guys back on the track as soon as possible and trying to keep the track as safe as possible.

Quote:
I asked how my bike was and no one answered so I asked again and someone said not to worry and that it had been picked up already.
I wasn't there, but the EMS who were attending to you aren't motorcyclists most of the time (99%) and aren't worried about the bike, just you. We tell our corner workers to keep clear of the EMS to let them do their job. That's probably why you didn't get the quickest response out of them about the condition of your bike :(

Quote:
I know, I know, I've said it all before, but for a representative to say that to someone who hit a patch of oil on their first Track Day is not a good way to invite return business. That said, I will be back, I'll finish up a Track Day and I'd like to give RideSmart another chance based on the fact that all my experience with them and their employees prior to that dumbass comment was nothing but exemplary
Like I mentioned, we are looking into this and will put a stop to it. Corner workers are volunteer workers that get 'paid' with a track day credit. Candace has a great system set up to where we get the best ones we can, but as with anything, it's not 100%. Thank you for giving us another chance.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
Hope your surgery goes well ape
This^^ Hate to see riders go down. That's a fast corner too, I've seen people come out much worse. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Thanks,
-Cody
exalted512 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement