MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #41
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)

Sir....There were no issues today..the track was good, I signed my john Hancock on That turn..look for CJ-RM-BORC.. lmao. But someone else crashed on that same turn later in the afternoon went right off the track mid corner.
Cornerjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lol, Someone got DUMPED. Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 02-10-2015 09:54 AM
I dumped my bike, again. DavidGsXr General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 08-27-2012 02:03 PM
Had an ashtray dumped on me yesterday. AaronP220 Off Topic 20 04-27-2009 03:54 PM
Got dumped aznchickboi Events, Meets and Rides 272 03-27-2006 03:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #42
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slovy View Post
I was just a few hundred feet behind you. Saw you down and kept hauling hoping I could beat the yellow or red flags

I'm lucky I didn't go down
Was it at least epic to watch?
Old 04-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #43
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Rarely do filters fail, its usually a instalation problem, not oiled, not tightened properely, too tight/loose, or double o-ringed, Of course its easy to blame it on a faulty oil filter, and whos to ever know, of course this is just my opinion, for what its worth, doesent change anything
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #44
Slovy
BRAWP Racing

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyApe View Post
Was it at least epic to watch?
It was.. Interesting I was thinkin that hurt Other than that I was more focused on the turns.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #45
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Rarely do filters fail, its usually a instalation problem, not oiled, not tightened properely, too tight/loose, or double o-ringed, Of course its easy to blame it on a faulty oil filter, and whos to ever know, of course this is just my opinion, for what its worth, doesent change anything
Exactly my thought
Old 04-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #46
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbones View Post
My filter didn't come loose, the casing/o-ring blew out...I've used k&n oil filters on every car I've ever owned with no problems...as soon as I told Josh what happened, he asked me if it was a k&n filter, said he'd seen several k&n bike filters fail...and it was a brand new filter
When my engine popped it had a KN filter on it. Im kind of superstitious and not going to put another one on. It blew oil out from the gasket as well. Makes me wonder if the oil flows through the filter like it should.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #47
gots2no
Steve

Bike(s):
'94 Kawasaki ZX6
'78 Yamaha XS750E (sold)
'82 Yamaha Seca 750 (sold)
'82 Yamaha XT200 (sold)

Member Garage

RideSmart did a good job of cleaning up and marking the area with cones, so we could finish the day. Big thanks to TWS (Texas World Speedway) for giving us an extra hour to make up for the lost time. Had a great time out there.

ArmyApe, sorry to hear about your wrist.
gots2no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #48
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

KN filters, both oil and air, are all I've run for the last several years in my all my bikes. Never a problem, at all.

Dudes in here making up about KN filters.

Oh.. And I don't work for Ride Smart but just because someone has Ridesmart in their signature doesn't mean they are speaking for the school. I'm sure that Ride Smart is very sorry that folks crashed and were injured at their event.

Didn't y'all get an extra hour of track time because of the incident? I heard track was hot until 6.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #49
CUZ
Wheelie Man

Bike(s):
09 ninja 250

I heard you were more worried about the bike
Heal up man.

Yea I saw the back to back clouds of dust they threw up in the air.
I wana say 7+ buckets(idk I just know is was a good amount) of the speedy were used.
Im a lobster right now.(sunburn)

Take That Dive
CUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #50
CUZ
Wheelie Man

Bike(s):
09 ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post

Didn't y'all get an extra hour of track time because of the incident? I heard track was hot until 6.
Yes until 6 (cw)

Take That Dive
CUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #51
j_e_hurst
Josh

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Quote:
KN filters, both oil and air, are all I've run for the last several years in my all my bikes. Never a problem, at all.

Oh.. And I don't work for Ride Smart but just because someone has Ridesmart in their signature doesn't mean they are speaking for the school. I'm sure that Ride Smart is very sorry that folks crashed and were injured at their event.

Ya i haven't seen multiple blow or been soaked in oil because of one. I made it all up guys, sorry. Sucks people crashed but its also ridiculous to blame the rider. it was an accident. Once again. happens.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #52
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUZ View Post
I heard you were more worried about the bike
Heal up man.
Well, I felt my arm snap (I was conscious throughout the wreck), landed on my back, had the wind knocked out of me and then told it was my fault for "not following my line." After all that, whilst they were applying the neck brace, I asked how my bike was and no one answered so I asked again and someone said not to worry and that it had been picked up already.

I know, I know, I've said it all before, but for a representative to say that to someone who hit a patch of oil on their first Track Day is not a good way to invite return business. That said, I will be back, I'll finish up a Track Day and I'd like to give RideSmart another chance based on the fact that all my experience with them and their employees prior to that dumbass comment was nothing but exemplary
Old 04-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #53
Vegas Kid

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Sounds just like some really bad luck. If somebody really said that to you then that's pretty ignorant, especially if you're hurt.

Hope you heal up soon.
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #54
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Quote:

Not making up the fact it was the brand of filter on my bike when it popped. Didnt say it was 100% cause of engine failure. Just a little superstitious about putting one back on, and will use what i had been from here on out. It was probably not related but i dont want to find out if it was.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #55
ciaka

Bike(s):
In between bikes

you signed your john hand what?

Yeah, whatever oil issues there were Sat, they must have evaporated by Sunday. No one even thought about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerjunkie View Post
Sir....There were no issues today..the track was good, I signed my john Han ...
ciaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #56
ciaka

Bike(s):
In between bikes

just to make clear, TWS (Texas World Speedway) does not give an hour to anyone....it is usually Dave that pays them for an extra hour to allow riders to be on the track longer.
I guess just stating the obvious.

I know crashes suck. However, I am more than sure Ride Smart did not wish anyone to crash and I am sure they tried to do their best to alert others of where the spots were. With that said, accidents do happen and in a sport such as this, they tend to happen a little more than in other sports.
I hope whoever may have been injured at TWS (Texas World Speedway) a very speedy recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gots2no View Post
RideSmart did a good job... Big thanks to TWS (Texas World Speedway) for giving us an extra hour to make up for the lost time....
Quote:
...Didn't y'all get an extra hour of track time because of the incident? I heard track was hot until 6.
ciaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #57
Slovy
BRAWP Racing

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaka View Post
just to make clear, TWS (Texas World Speedway) does not give an hour to anyone....it is usually Dave that pays them for an extra hour to allow riders to be on the track longer.
I guess just stating the obvious.

I know crashes suck. However, I am more than sure Ride Smart did not wish anyone to crash and I am sure they tried to do their best to alert others of where the spots were. With that said, accidents do happen and in a sport such as this, they tend to happen a little more than in other sports.
I hope whoever may have been injured at TWS (Texas World Speedway) a very speedy recovery.
All of that was already stated? Lol
Old 04-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #58
Tiller

Bike(s):
00 TL1000R
03 RC51
81 GS1100E
05 RM125
11 Ninja 250R

The only reason the seal would blow out of a filter is because of a gap. A gap could be because the filter was not tightened enough or the seal itself is to thick. Some of the after market filter have overly thick seals for the grove the seal seats in. On these filters you have make sure to really tighten the filter to compress the seal fully so there is not a gap between the filter body and the sealing surface on the engine. All you have to do is use the scanning devises in your head to detect if there is a gap or not.
Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #59
Candace
KweenB

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 Kawi ZX6R x2 (1 track/1 street)
09 Kawi ZX6R (RIP)
09 Kawi 250R SE (sold)
2008 Kawi ZZR 600 (sold)
2008 Kawi Ninja 500R (sold)

Army, pls check your PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:13 PM   #60
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyApe View Post
Was that really necessary? There's a wreck between "taking the chance" and where I am now. I'm not giving up riding, but I'm going to be down for 6wks and need to have bolts put into my arm all because of a quality control issue. To top it off was the guy in the yellow shirt telling me, whilst I'm lying on the ground, "if you'd just followed your line, this wouldn't have happened." I don't know who he was, but that's BS.

As for my bike, it started right up, but the forks are bent and there's an ugly amount of fairing damage. She'll be at House of Paint tomorrow.
..Sucks dude...sorry you got hurt!!!!
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement