MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #161
r6racer
track
 
r6racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,582

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerjunkie View Post
There is a pop song called.. HERE COMES THE BOOM, I've known Frank for a couple years, and trust me ITS COMING...
oh

someone delete my mh account quick!
__________________
r6racer is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Umayr #787 @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 11-29-14 Level 3 r6racer Taking it to the Track 3 12-05-2014 12:07 PM
Umayr #787 @ MSRH 11-30-14 r6racer Taking it to the Track 0 12-01-2014 07:50 PM
HBD Umayr, even if..... Kaitlin Off Topic 30 11-19-2013 08:15 PM
thank you very much Umayr BaoPee Off Topic 6 02-17-2013 10:07 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #162
grsa
Senior Member
 
grsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Houston-Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,433

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie







Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
He is, thats why he is at the track every weekend trying to learn
And I thought it was to be the fastest person on RR.
grsa is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #163
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'
 
Cornerjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hero Hill
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,210

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
oh

someone delete my mh account quick!
__________________
CRM - H.O.R.Ms House of Route Masters

Commissioner
Cornerjunkie is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #164
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,142

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerjunkie View Post
I have helped a few for free, Im not an expert, but I've made enough mistakes to give new riders some advice, not to make the same, and they have made great strides..
While I understand the good intentions...if your not a track org instructor, don't offer to take others out and "help" them during a track day.

One of the last track days I attended at TWS (Texas World Speedway), the org instructors had to pull a few people off for "helping" their buddies. They thought they were helping.

The problem was, they were NOT giving good advice and were actually increasing the risk by looking back at their buddy from time to time. This led to erratic lines and a non-steady pace other riders had to deal with.

I won't get into the qualification of instructors at various orgs, that's their choice and their reputation they can set and defend.

Want to instruct? Go to the org of your choice and ask them how you can become an instructor.
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance

Last edited by Tojo92; 04-15-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Tojo92 is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #165
green600
HG Chairperson
 
green600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 77045
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,191

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
am i waiting for a response from frank or what? I saw in the other thread he was going to sign up. he likes to type a lot whenever a drop of drama is near by So im sure he will want to write a couple paragraphs
Bwahahahahahaha habib

habib 1
sr 0


First it was the mexican nationals at the track now this guy.......
__________________
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #166
Chris_5.0
HalfFast
 
Chris_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 12,385

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond




Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
Bwahahahahahaha habib

habib 1
sr 0


First it was the mexican nationals at the track now this guy.......
Bet
__________________
info@halffastgroup.com
Chris_5.0 is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #167
green600
HG Chairperson
 
green600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 77045
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,191

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
While I understand the good intentions...if your not a track org instructor, don't offer to take others out and "help" them during a track day.

One of the last track days I attended at TWS (Texas World Speedway), the org instructors had to pull a few people off for "helping" their buddies. They thought they were helping.

The problem was, they were NOT giving good advice and were actually increasing the risk by looking back at their buddy from time to time. This led to erratic lines and a non-steady pace other riders had to deal with.

I won't get into the qualification of instructors at various orgs, that's their choice and their reputation they can set and defend.

Want to instruct? Go the org of your choice and ask them how you can become an instructor.
__________________
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #168
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
Sunday rider... When you going to do your first track day? Maybe if you did a track day you could finally show me the ropes since youre a track expert. (Or maybe he's going to just start off in level 3 )
You know maybe if you kept your mouth shut and listen to all the good advices people gave here you would be a much better rider than you are now.

As far as me doing a track day, well maybe one day i will take the time to prep my bike and do one, but realistically i dont have to be at the track to tell that you suck at riding, and this is not just coming from me, i can show you 6-7 text messages from other riders that have ridden with you that think the same way, usually if i see a kid that is doing well out there i will mention it on the same thread if it was a posted ride, but i have seen you ride a few times and i wished i could say the same about you but unfortunately i cant.... the riding part is not the real issue, the real issue here is your attitude, you need to stop being cocky and after that you will be able to accept your mistakes and move on.... Fyi i do have a fair amount of friends that can vouch for my riding and they have all suggested me to skip level 1, but if i did a track day i would start on level one to learn the track but it would take me no time to go to level two if i wanted to, this is not your case...... You are level 1 material like it or not, dont rush into level 2 if you belong in level 1, people have suggested it on here for your own safety and we know for sure for the safety of others even if others are pitted. There is no point in arguing here, to a good listener, a few words will be enough so take all the critics as you like but also understand that wind did not cause you to crash, your ego did
__________________
sunday_rider is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #169
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'
 
Cornerjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hero Hill
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,210

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
While I understand the good intentions...if your not a track org instructor, don't offer to take others out and "help" them during a track day.

One of the last track days I attended at TWS (Texas World Speedway), the org instructors had to pull a few people off for "helping" their buddies. They thought they were helping.

The problem was, they were NOT giving good advice and were actually increasing the risk by looking back at their buddy from time to time. This led to erratic lines and a non-steady pace other riders had to deal with.

I won't get into the qualification of instructors at various orgs, that's their choice and their reputation they can set and defend.

Want to instruct? Go to the org of your choice and ask them how you can become an instructor.
True dat, I agree. in ref to instruction, when I goto the track its about ME, I dont instruct NO ONE, what I was refereeing to riding instruction I was referring to street, body position, stuff like that.
__________________
CRM - H.O.R.Ms House of Route Masters

Commissioner
Cornerjunkie is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #170
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,142

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerjunkie View Post
True dat, I agree. in ref to instruction, when I goto the track its about ME, I dont instruct NO ONE, what I was refereeing to riding instruction I was referring to street, body position, stuff like that.
OK, understood.
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #171
j_e_hurst
Josh
 
j_e_hurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Santa Fe
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,251

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
oh

someone delete my mh account quick!
You have no honor.
__________________
JoshSigpic zps240ea710
j_e_hurst is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #172
Slovy
BRAWP Racing
 
Slovy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Downtown Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,212

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600rr






Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
You know maybe if you kept your mouth shut and listen to all the good advices people gave here you would be a much better rider than you are now.

As far as me doing a track day, well maybe one day i will take the time to prep my bike and do one, but realistically i dont have to be at the track to tell that you suck at riding, and this is not just coming from me, i can show you 6-7 text messages from other riders that have ridden with you that think the same way, usually if i see a kid that is doing well out there i will mention it on the same thread if it was a posted ride, but i have seen you ride a few times and i wished i could say the same about you but unfortunately i cant.... the riding part is not the real issue, the real issue here is your attitude, you need to stop being cocky and after that you will be able to accept your mistakes and move on.... Fyi i do have a fair amount of friends that can vouch for my riding and they have all suggested me to skip level 1, but if i did a track day i would start on level one to learn the track but it would take me no time to go to level two if i wanted to, this is not your case...... You are level 1 material like it or not, dont rush into level 2 if you belong in level 1, people have suggested it on here for your own safety and we know for sure for the safety of others even if others are pitted. There is no point in arguing here, to a good listener, a few words will be enough so take all the critics as you like but also understand that wind did not cause you to crash, your ego did
, someone brought the thunder

Umayr is a good friend of mine.

But there is truth behind the chewing Sunday just threw out

Only thing you can do is fix your bike and show People with skill not words

I'll be over Thursday to help you pull the engine
__________________
2jfnodv
Slovy is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #173
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'
 
Cornerjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hero Hill
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,210

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)








Umayr 01
Frank 01

Round 2
__________________
CRM - H.O.R.Ms House of Route Masters

Commissioner
Cornerjunkie is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #174
Lee-RR
Senior Member
 
Lee-RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 145

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R
2007 Honda CBR600RR (Sold)
2006 Suzuki Blvd 650 (Sold)







My view of the events. I was the SECOND rider hit, so he was already on his way to the ground when he hit me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoF6J...ature=youtu.be
__________________
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, well, it probably needed replacing anyway.
Lee-RR is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #175
r6racer
track
 
r6racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,582

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
You know maybe if you kept your mouth shut and listen to all the good advices people gave here you would be a much better rider than you are now.

As far as me doing a track day, well maybe one day i will take the time to prep my bike and do one, but realistically i dont have to be at the track to tell that you suck at riding, and this is not just coming from me, i can show you 6-7 text messages from other riders that have ridden with you that think the same way, usually if i see a kid that is doing well out there i will mention it on the same thread if it was a posted ride, but i have seen you ride a few times and i wished i could say the same about you but unfortunately i cant.... the riding part is not the real issue, the real issue here is your attitude, you need to stop being cocky and after that you will be able to accept your mistakes and move on.... Fyi i do have a fair amount of friends that can vouch for my riding and they have all suggested me to skip level 1, but if i did a track day i would start on level one to learn the track but it would take me no time to go to level two if i wanted to, this is not your case...... You are level 1 material like it or not, dont rush into level 2 if you belong in level 1, people have suggested it on here for your own safety and we know for sure for the safety of others even if others are pitted. There is no point in arguing here, to a good listener, a few words will be enough so take all the critics as you like but also understand that wind did not cause you to crash, your ego did
34tae5c



Anyways listen here gay boy, I never said I was a amazing rider. But understand that I will be out going to every single track day I can til I get better, I will be in level 1 or 2 whatever but understand I will raise my hand every session to have an instructor follow me to help me become a better rider. Do I need advice from you? No.
__________________

Last edited by r6racer; 04-15-2013 at 06:41 PM.
r6racer is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #176
Chris_5.0
HalfFast
 
Chris_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 12,385

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond




I have never seen umayr say he was an awesome rider

He may post in almost every thread possible, but never say he was a better rider.
__________________
info@halffastgroup.com
Chris_5.0 is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #177
Chris_5.0
HalfFast
 
Chris_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 12,385

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond




Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-RR View Post
My view of the events. I was the SECOND rider hit, so he was already on his way to the ground when he hit me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoF6J...ature=youtu.be
Did you yourself lol
__________________
info@halffastgroup.com
Chris_5.0 is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #178
Slovy
BRAWP Racing
 
Slovy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Downtown Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,212

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600rr






Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-RR View Post
My view of the events. I was the SECOND rider hit, so he was already on his way to the ground when he hit me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoF6J...ature=youtu.be
Hey lee!!

Welcome to the rodeo!

How Bad did the gf give it to you for being late?
__________________
2jfnodv
Slovy is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #179
Slovy
BRAWP Racing
 
Slovy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Downtown Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,212

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600rr






Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
34tae5c
Omfg
__________________
2jfnodv
Slovy is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #180
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,142

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
34tae5c



Anyways listen here gay boy, I never said I was a amazing rider. But understand that I will be out going to every single track day I can til I get better, I will be in level 1 or 2 whatever but understand I will raise my hand every session to have an instructor follow me to help me become a better rider. Do I need advice from you? No.


__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy