MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #61
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmoka View Post
I believe people do give a when someone they know get hurt but after a while life goes on and people move on to their daily routine....and the injured one stays with the pain but it is part of the game when you get on that bike and decide to ride fast.
I must admit Im guilty myself of having something hit me hard then kind of just numbing away?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To all you wanna-be EVERYTHING killers!!!! j_e_hurst General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 04-15-2013 07:50 PM
So I wanna make my downed R6 into a street fighter Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 10-24-2010 09:56 AM
Houston Killers! PowerSurgeD Stunters Lounge 62 04-11-2010 10:26 AM
KILLERS SPYDER BITE Off Topic 8 03-30-2009 02:42 PM
wanna see how good street tires are.......... RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 02-24-2006 08:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #62
B.T.R.
slow as molasses

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 YAMAHA R1
2007 ZX6R (TRACK BIKE)
HOT WIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
Problem is you've got these public spirited rides with parking lots full of nice bikes that are ridden hard because the older guys and more experienced riders have more money and skills and the young guys so badly want to be a part of it. It's like inviting an 17 year old kid over to drink scotch. He thinks he's cool for an hour but will just wind up puking on your carpet.

GOON
www.solarcontrolhouston.com
For all your residential/commercial window tinting needs.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #63
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
It's just a little heads up post that hopefully some new guy who was planning to join a spirited ride, and try to keep up, might read and rethink his plan. That's all. Live and let live.
I got that this was the point of the thread. Question is: are those people reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #64
B.T.R.
slow as molasses

Bike(s):
2010 YAMAHA R1
2007 ZX6R (TRACK BIKE)
HOT WIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
I CANT HEAR YOU

Someone learned to use their inside voice.
Go suck a fat one

GOON
Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #65
1FC
380 Racing & Paint

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR

I know its not a street - track thing but the last few times I rode the street I was scared to death , you are in no control of the 2-300 cars you may encounter while out for a ride, when i see someone commuting to and from work I just pray they are able to afford a car soon, just because you cant afford a car doesnt mean you dont deserve to live.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #66
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FC View Post
I know its not a street - track thing but the last few times I rode the street I was scared to death , you are in no control of the 2-300 cars you may encounter while out for a ride, when i see someone commuting to and from work I just pray they are able to afford a car soon, just because you cant afford a car doesnt mean you dont deserve to live.
It's hard out here for a street pimp, yo
Old 04-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #67
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Unfortunately, I have all but forgotten many riders that have been seriously hurt or killed. It sucks, but as you said, my life meanders on.

Coach and Andy both made a huge impact in my mind. Those are two great people that I will never forget. I hope all of those fallen rest in peace, and their families move on with the smallest amount of pain possible.

Riding the back roads of heaven.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #68
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
The truth always hurts... Yes, we all come together to help a fallen rider.. Some stick around a little longer.. Some stop long enough to lol back to see a thumbs up.. Some don't have money to contribute, so they pray from the heart..
Ultimately, we hope you have good insurance to cover the long term care needed for you..
We all have to move on at some point.. If I spent time and money everyday on all the riders that crashed or died, I wouldn't have time to take a .
As heartless as that sounds..

I think it's a good reminder for all riders at all levels to understand to ride their ride at their pace.. Don't try to keep up with someone.. No need to try to fit in ..or put your life at risk to move up a level/ spot.

^^This..
But Cdill , you are right about alot of things too. Goes back to that old saying.
You can lead a horse to water... But you cant Make him drink...
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
Old 04-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #69
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

I understand the OP's post. When I ride, my #1 goal is to always get back to my family the same way I left! This should be our goal every single day; but sometimes unfortune events take place that allows that not to happen! I ride for fun and never to impress anyone! I do have friends that I have met on this forum and enjoy hanging out with them; but I don't need any of their approvals on "being fast" Someone is always going to be better! I choose my rides very carefully and know my place on all of them. I am ok with being one of the slow guys in the group! That doesn't bother me at all! What would bother me, is trying to impress someone out there or meet their approval and I don't make it home the same way I left! My family wouldn't like that either.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #70
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)

Brandt,

I completely understand where your are coming from. I had a similar post in response to a video posted on here a few years ago. I really didn't have a point, but it was just an outpouring of emotion at yet another near miss. This unforfunately was more than a near miss.

The bottom line is that a young person on a bike is a recipe for disaster. Not all end in disaster, but they come close at least 20 times before the switch is flipped. That switch doesn't flip until your early 30's. One day you wake up and realise that there is much more to your life, and that it isn't all about you.

I was the guy that rode over my head. I was the guy that crossed over centre lines. I was the guy that ended up in the trees.

You can try to talk sensibly to everyone and hope that it sinks in, or hope that they are still around for the flip of the switch.

Luckily, I was still here.

We all make our own decisions when it comes to life and when it comes to bikes.

I made mine........

You'll find me tearing up the streets on my Zuma.

You'll also find me on the grid this weekend at ECR.
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team
Old 04-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #71
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Treating the street like the track is a no-win situation.
The old saying still applies:

There are fast guys, there are old guys... there are very few fast old guys.

Peer pressure and egos play a large part in this sport;
unfortunately the maturety it takes to get past the ego and peer pressure isn't there in most young guys.

Yet another reason I don't post public "spirited rides". If you lead, someone will try to follow.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"

Last edited by texlurch; 04-11-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #72
B.T.R.
slow as molasses

Bike(s):
2010 YAMAHA R1
2007 ZX6R (TRACK BIKE)
HOT WIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterchild2 View Post
I understand the OP's post. When I ride, my #1 goal is to always get back to my family the same way I left! This should be our goal every single day; but sometimes unfortune events take place that allows that not to happen! I ride for fun and never to impress anyone! I do have friends that I have met on this forum and enjoy hanging out with them; but I don't need any of their approvals on "being fast" Someone is always going to be better! I choose my rides very carefully and know my place on all of them. I am ok with being one of the slow guys in the group! That doesn't bother me at all! What would bother me, is trying to impress someone out there or meet their approval and I don't make it home the same way I left! My family wouldn't like that either.
well said Robert.

GOON
Old 04-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #73
Soldaten

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2010 BMW F800 ST
YZ250 (sold)
BMW E30 Race Car
LeMons Race Car (burned)

It's just human nature that time heals all wounds & memories fade.

I know it sounds heartless, but it's probably better for the person to die than be paralyzed for life. At least with death, there's an opportunity to get past the hurt more quickly. With paralysis, the hurt last much longer.

I don't go on many group rides anymore, because I have noticed people riding way beyond their skill level. I'm just going to ride my ride and the only person I'm trying to impress is no one!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #74
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Treating the street like the track is a no-win situation.
The old saying still applies:

There are fast guys, there are old guys... there are very few fast old guys.

Peer pressure and egos play a large part in this sport;
unfortunately the maturety it takes to get past the ego and peer pressure isn't there in most young guys.

Yet another reason I don't post public "spirited rides". If you lead, someone will try to follow.
Agreed! Just like there aren't too many retired drug dealers either!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #75
The Hulk
Smash

Bike(s):
04 ZX10R

Member Garage

There are some pretty good points made here....
Old 04-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #76
EMTAggie
Molon Labe

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600RR Track
2006 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
regardless people still die at the track

392 idiot regardless of screen name
Tired of reading that.

Give me some stats on street deaths vs track deaths.....

AXO, P1 Racing/SCRC, Fastline MCS,Vapor Sense, Suomy, HookIt
CMRA #510
Old 04-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #77
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Quote:

Know one really gives a who made it to Yankees the fastest last Sunday. No one really cares who lead the fast group. Except for the litle picture folks, the rest of us are laughing at you and hoping that some young, impressionable kid doesn't get killed in the process of seeking some dude approval, who at the end of the day, will forget about you a week after you're gone. Been there, done that... nobody cares.

Ride your ride. those guys.
I somewhat agree with this! You really learn who your friends are when you get hurt in the Motorcycle world... It's hard to care about everyone in a sport that carries so much burden!

Its hard to tell yourself over and over that they are my friends and they do care, but your right...after a few weeks or months...they'll say oh yeah remember that guy! and ride off...

Sometimes your cup in life has to be overflowing to be able to poor blessings out to others....if your life is not overflowing it will just end up empty!!!
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Old 04-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #78
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
It's just a little heads up post that hopefully some new guy who was planning to join a spirited ride, and try to keep up, might read and rethink his plan. That's all. Live and let live.
I get that it was a heads up post. I read it, but your tone came off very anti-street and a bit condescending. I'm sure you weren't concerned with hurting feelings and . Mine weren't. But there is a way to get a point across.

You make really good points about the help and also people moving on after a wrecks where someone gets hurt or passes. But there is only so much people can do.

As far as people even listening to the warnings, there have been plenty on this Forum.

People just are not listening, they keep thinking it will not happen to them. I know I did before. I have stopped that, I started thinking more and trying to impress less.

Ride your ride. Yeah, that's why I started leading rides, so I would not have to follow anyone. Then moved to trying to help noobs become comfortable st low speeds.

Nowadays, there is few people I would follow through some places I don't know (turns).

Bevo, BYRDMAN and Pachuco. When I was new these guys took me on rides and were always responsible and made sure they didn't leaf anyone too hot into a corner.

There are people out there that try to look out for riders before this happens. That should not be undermined. There are some that care but only so much people can do.

Ego and people's personalities is the bigger problem, not riding, not riding street, not riding track.

It's not the group, it's YOU. If you can't control yourself, no one else will be able to.

I've wrecked 4 times on the street, I have been fortunate that I was able to walk away and ride relatively unharmed. I have never wrecked at the track.

I know people that have not gone down once on the street, but keep going down at the track like It's part of the day.

End the end, we can say all we want, talk down to whoever was there and whoever says they feel bad... But is THAT person that was in control and made their decision.

Too bad we are not able to communicate with the dead.

Only thing is offer any help we can to the family, even if It's just temporary. At least it's not just crickets or us pointing and saying "yeah, your son was pretty wreckless and made a bad decision. I guess that's what happens."

I might have rambled, couldn't form all thoughts in middle of helping customers..

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 04-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #79
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Ride your own ride, and don't get sucked into what other people do. I have backed away from hauling on back roads because it isin't worth it. I think about the friends that I have lost, and the ones who will never ride again. I am slow, and I don't care what other people think about me anymore.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #80
EMTAggie
Molon Labe

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600RR Track
2006 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
It's hard out here for a street pimp, yo
Shouldn't be too hard at the speeds you ride at.

AXO, P1 Racing/SCRC, Fastline MCS,Vapor Sense, Suomy, HookIt
CMRA #510
Closed Thread

Advertisement