MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #221
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
Unfortunately, I have all but forgotten many riders that have been seriously hurt or killed. It sucks, but as you said, my life meanders on.

Coach and Andy both made a huge impact in my mind. Those are two great people that I will never forget. I hope all of those fallen rest in peace, and their families move on with the smallest amount of pain possible.
I remember a lot of guys, some of whom I'd met from this site who have passed away....Roger, Eric Roman, Chad, Dave, Matt, Tim and Roderick just to remember a few - but I know I've forgotten quite a few. Would be nice to have a memorial section (thread) for all the active posters who have passed away just to remember them.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To all you wanna-be EVERYTHING killers!!!! j_e_hurst General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 04-15-2013 07:50 PM
So I wanna make my downed R6 into a street fighter Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 10-24-2010 09:56 AM
Houston Killers! PowerSurgeD Stunters Lounge 62 04-11-2010 10:26 AM
KILLERS SPYDER BITE Off Topic 8 03-30-2009 02:42 PM
wanna see how good street tires are.......... RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 02-24-2006 08:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #222
Reaper81
Ready to roll

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)

Nobody survives the game of life so its our duty to live life to its fullest doing what we enjoy. Just remember stupid hurts and can get you prematurely killed. If you got a family please think before you do stupid cause you won't be the only paying when something happens. As far as buddies go we all got bills to pay so guess what that's life I can't give up my life just a buddy ate , the bill companies don't care and will take my stuff just cause I was more concerned with you than taking care of my business. Get over it we are all adults with responsibilities so take responsibility for yourself and quit freaking out just cause someone goes to work so they can feed their family instead if worrying about you
Old 04-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #223
Reaper81
Ready to roll

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)

I'm all for remembering the fallen but remember this: you live by the sword you will die by the sword. To all the fallen brothers: Ride On brothers
Old 04-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #224
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldaten View Post
It's just human nature that time heals all wounds & memories fade.

I know it sounds heartless, but it's probably better for the person to die than be paralyzed for life. At least with death, there's an opportunity to get past the hurt more quickly. With paralysis, the hurt last much longer.

I don't go on many group rides anymore, because I have noticed people riding way beyond their skill level. I'm just going to ride my ride and the only person I'm trying to impress is no one!
I'd almost agree - but we have a long-time member here who is a paraplegic from a moto wreck and he seems to love his newfound life (or so I glean from his posting)
( edit time limit - otherwise I would multi quote)

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
Old 04-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #225
WOOSSH

Bike(s):
'08 R1 "Money Wagon" SOLD!
ZX12 2000 7000 miles on it sold
Kawa 500 Triple 1972 NEW
BSA 250 One Lunger - 1967 NEW

Let me make it clear i do not sell insurance. Having said that insurance is the stupidest thing i can think of, until you need it. Then you can never have enough.
Most people think i am crazy, but i always take out the highest limit. Heck, i even have earthquake insurance. It is cheap......and with rhe fracking who knows.
We live in Abilene and have felt 3 earthquakes in our house. One really shook it pretty good . Want to bet i am the only one in west Texas with it.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #226
Jredford
Rotsevnieht

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
FZ1
R1200RT
CRF450X Tard
R6 Friggin Rocket Ship
CRMA Lic #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Yea.. longest straight on the track.. 2000+'.... probably in the neighborhood of 155mph followed by the slowest corner on the track, a 2nd gear left hander. I reached for the brake and nothing. Pumped it at least twice.. nothing. Locked up the rear for a sec... scrubbed maybe 20mph and bailed as soon as I got to the grass because the run off is horrible at ECR. Entire exhaust, radiator, case cover, body work ,clip ons, rear sets....etc.. $5k ish in damage. I'm good... banged up shoulder, knee and back. I think I got a bit of headshake and the pistons got pushed back into the calipers. Scariest thing that has ever happened to me!
I fully understand what you said in your first post, and completely agree.

I cannot imagine what a mechanical like you just experienced would look like on Racers Road, or any other road for that matter.

"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'

Last edited by Jredford; 04-15-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #227
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
I'd almost agree - but we have a long-time member here who is a paraplegic from a moto wreck and he seems to love his newfound life (or so I glean from his posting)
Who would that be? Lol
Closed Thread

Advertisement