MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #201
Slovy
BRAWP Racing

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
This.

And this. I still think of Coach Dave often. Especially every time somebody asks what the F F & F stand for.
Hi brandy
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To all you wanna-be EVERYTHING killers!!!! j_e_hurst General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 04-15-2013 07:50 PM
So I wanna make my downed R6 into a street fighter Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 10-24-2010 09:56 AM
Houston Killers! PowerSurgeD Stunters Lounge 62 04-11-2010 10:26 AM
KILLERS SPYDER BITE Off Topic 8 03-30-2009 02:42 PM
wanna see how good street tires are.......... RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 02-24-2006 08:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #202
WOOSSH

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'08 R1 "Money Wagon" SOLD!
ZX12 2000 7000 miles on it sold
Kawa 500 Triple 1972 NEW
BSA 250 One Lunger - 1967 NEW

Just came from a meeting organizing a fund raiser for a local that was hit head on by another cager while driving his '67 Camaro. He also has a pro street car, and a Vette. Problem is he had no health insurance and is in ICU in Lubbock. His wife was killed in the wreck as well as the other driver. Guys, get your priorties straight and don't expect others to clean up after you. We have "Air Evacuation" transport insurance for both of us. Only cost $52 a year. You just never know when, where, or who's time it is so take some time to think about it, please.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #203
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOSSH View Post
We have "Air Evacuation" transport insurance for both of us. Only cost $52 a year.
Details please.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Old 04-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #204
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:
Just came from a meeting organizing a fund raiser for a local that was hit head on by another cager while driving his '67 Camaro. He also has a pro street car, and a Vette. Problem is he had no health insurance and is in ICU in Lubbock. His wife was killed in the wreck as well as the other driver. Guys, get your priorties straight and don't expect others to clean up after you. We have "Air Evacuation" transport insurance for both of us. Only cost $52 a year. You just never know when, where, or who's time it is so take some time to think about it, please.
Thank you for this post
Old 04-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #205
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slovy View Post
Hi brandy
I think.

Quote:
You definitely have no business riding if you have a family and no life insurance. When I didn't have health insurance I added medical onto my liability insurance. If anything happens to me, at least I know my kids will be taken care of and not be a burden on my family.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Old 04-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #206
WOOSSH

Bike(s):
Kawa 500 Triple 1972 NEW

A friend sells the medi-vac helicoptor insurance. Check with the hospitals there to see who they use. If you need transportation in the sticks they get there fast. If you have to pay it can run upwards of $10,000 for a trip. Cheap insurance if ever needed.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #207
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Very well said from the experienced riders on these boards.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #208
clayp

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2014 Brutale 800
2013 S1000rr
2006 CBR1000rr
2005 Ducati 749s
1993 CBR900rr project

Air evacuation insurance is for transport once stabilized in a hospital. LifeFlight services are not called after an insurance check - they are called to the scene with respect to medical need. If you go down in a ditch somewhere rural EMS on scene makes the call for the chopper.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #209
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayp View Post
Air evacuation insurance is for transport once stabilized in a hospital. LifeFlight services are not called after an insurance check - they are called to the scene with respect to medical need. If you go down in a ditch somewhere rural EMS on scene makes the call for the chopper.
Yep. And that bill us over $12k; at least it was for me.

And the ambulance that drove .3 miles to the helicopter billed $900.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Old 04-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #210
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
So I'm wondering, is this thread about street riders apathy for fallen (hurt) riders?

About just warning new street riders not to go out there and push beyond their limits?

Or is this to cover all rider apathy and a warning for all riders (street & track)?
Ah....He's just making conversation!!
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Old 04-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #211
WOOSSH

Bike(s):
Kawa 500 Triple 1972 NEW

The $52 annual fee is for two people. Well worth the peace of mind.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #212
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
The $52 annual fee is for two people. Well worth the peace of mind.
Agreed, thanks. I have seen the local air transport stickers from time to time, but I was looking for a universal type coverage.

A while back, I found insurance specific to motorcycle riders that covered ANY air transport from the scene and it also covered your air transport (you or your body ) back home after the initial care following a crash. It was a few hundred a year, but I can't remember where I found it. I'll look again and post in a new thread if I can find it.
The Problem - Endurance
Old 04-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #213
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Wait I'm confused, doesn't air transport cover transport from one hospital to another? I Thought liability covered the 911 dispatched vehicles. You can elect air transport or not once at facility and is covered in your medical if you choose to elect it. But liability either your's or theirs should cover emergency response. No first hand knowledge but I have a friend whose lawyer got him a good settlement to cover the $12K lifeflight ride and $1.8K IV they gave him, when his truck was hit by a drunk driver who ran a red light while pulling through an intersection. I have to check with him on that.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #214
Lucar

Member Garage

These is all great info. Keep it coming
Old 04-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #215
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
Agreed, thanks. I have seen the local air transport stickers from time to time, but I was looking for a universal type coverage.

A while back, I found insurance specific to motorcycle riders that covered ANY air transport from the scene and it also covered your air transport (you or your body ) back home after the initial care following a crash. It was a few hundred a year, but I can't remember where I found it. I'll look again and post in a new thread if I can find it.
I won't start another thread, but here is a decent thread about helicopter flights. My post #27 discussed the insurance I mentioned above.

It won't cover a helicopter ride from the initial transport (I don't think) but it will cover getting you you home area.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...=air+insurance
The Problem - Endurance
Old 04-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #216
EMTAggie
Molon Labe

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600RR Track
2006 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I have to go slow or you'll try to slalom through construction barrels and jump of the roadway
Touché. Luckily I've become a little better at paying attention to where I'm going.

AXO, P1 Racing/SCRC, Fastline MCS,Vapor Sense, Suomy, HookIt
CMRA #510
Old 04-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #217
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldaten View Post
I know it sounds heartless, but it's probably better for the person to die than be paralyzed for life. At least with death, there's an opportunity to get past the hurt more quickly. With paralysis, the hurt last much longer.
I suffer daily, this is true, but I have a wife and kids all post paralysis. If I were to have died, my son and daughter would never exist. Think about that one.

As for chopper rides, mine was 9400.
Liability insurance is set to 25k minimum as a default as required by state law. So that's never going to cover a minor accident's medical expenses much less a major medical expense.

As for the OPs first post about being forgotten, this is very much true. People that were your friends turns out that they weren't. It's pretty but true.i have retained a few per-accident but most are post accident. Out of all the ones in a picture that hangs in my office and put together a benefit ride, only one of them talks to me and has any interaction with me. I'd like to have kept those friends. I've put in the effort to reach out but they don't respond. Sometimes though, I was told that it's too hard for them to see their friend like that. Maybe that's true but your real friend doesn't care about that and treats you like a friend.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #218
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmoka View Post
I know but it is the nature of that sport, might have more uncontrolled dangers out on the street riding fast on backroads but coming down hot on sugar and spice has its own risks as well......
At the end of the day it is your life and your choice to take those risks...I believe people do give a when someone they know get hurt but after a while life goes on and people move on to their daily routine....and the injured one stays with the pain but it is part of the game when you get on that bike and decide to ride fast.
I don't agree that illegally-fast, dangerous riding on the street can even be considered a sport.

I do it - I've never done a track day at all, so I'm guilty of lots of bad moto-related traffic crimes - but I sure don't consider what I'm doing a sport. Sport is what the guys at the sanctioned events are doing.

Additionally - I don't care about riding "buddies" forgetting about me in a week after I die. I only care about the pain that I would cause my family, true friends and forbid the lives of any innocent motorists that I may affect with my decision making.

A (street legal) sport bike is only called that because it is a race replica, race as in what people do on the track. But my words should be taken with a grain of salt because I'm an admitted street hooligan.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
Old 04-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #219
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaluna View Post
Riding a motorcycle is pretty dangerous in itself. So should we not ride because it's not worth the risk?
Yes, if the risk is too great for what you can accept then you shouldn't ride a motorcycle. Unless you're suicidal, masochistic or just plain unsympathetic about others you may affect, then you should try and balance that inherent risk with degree of responsibility in your street riding.

I do stupid stuff on the roads sometimes and occasionally I feel like I went too far and did something that could have hurt myself or someone else. Those instances where it was someone else I could have hurt I always feel pretty guilty and am very glad that I got away with it - my risk balance for the safety of others is always greatly skewed in their favor.

My risk balance for hurting myself is greatly less because I enjoy spirited riding and it's worth it to me. Now, granted, sometimes I forget the pain that I would cause friends and family if I did great harm to myself and that's what's pushing me toward the track more and more every day.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #220
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
It's not a Street VS Track thread however, I know that there are a lot more people that ride street than track but in 6 years I can't think of 1 person who was killed at a track day here in Texas.
Was the guy at oak hill in a race?

(Sorry about not multi-quoting. I suck)

Closed Thread

Advertisement