MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

To all you wanna be street killers..

First thing is, if I ever kill myself on the streets, DO NOT put together a fund raiser for me. I would hate for my family to see a fund in my name struggle to raise a few thousand bucks.

This morning I woke up, scanned FB, and noticed a fund raiser for the young man who lost his life last week on Racer's Road. The one that went unnoticed... remember? I clicked on the link and noticed that $396 of a $10,000.00 goal had be raised. I think it's up to $450 now. Long way to go, you'd think, but imagine if everyone on the ride gave $200.00 and the other self proclaimed wealthy guys picked up a litte more of the tab, the $10k would be raised as fast as you could made 6 runs up and down racers road.

Several months ago a guy crashed on 3090. He's a parapalegic now. I saw a post of his on facebook the other day. The day the accident happened there were so many visitors and people stayed until well into the night. As each day passed fewer and fewer people came. Now he is home, the visitors are few and far between, and most have gone on with their lives and the incident is over for them. For him, it has just begun and will continue for the next 40 years of his life.

Not too long ago, at Rio Bravo MX, on a wednesday night, a guy crashed. Maybe 6 weeks ago? He just left ICU and is at TIRR now. His family is in another country. He has his girlfriend here. I'm not sure of the longterm prognosis but I dont thing it's super optimistic. Life has gone on for those that were there with him. He is still very much in the struggle. I was at Rio that night.

There was Tim Waters a few years ago. I was on that ride. I think of him periodically. I'm sure his family misses and thinks of him far more than I do, or anyone else who was on that ride think of him.

And Coach Dave... can't forget him. I wonder how often his children think of him?

And there were many more before I came around and plenty that I dont know about who's lives were changed forever, whose families were devasted, kids left fatherless or without a mother. Wives widowed, etc. For those people and their families it was a very real and horrific experience and they'll never forget teh day it happened or the phone call they received. It was much more than just a screen name or some guy who showed up on an occassional ride with people who acted like they really cared about them.

I think what I am getting at is that you newer guys, or even not so new guys, should really understand where your life falls, in terms of importance, with the guys you choose to ride with and race down 3090, 149, racers road, CRR, 610 or whatever lame twisty you ride. The importance of your life falls after theirs, their wife, GF, kids, job, mom, dad, bother, sister, cousins, neighbors and so on and so on... in other words your life actually matters very little to a lot of them. I know guys who get off on people crashing trying to hang with them. I know guys thagt'll ask you for parts of your crashed motorcycle while you're laying in the ditch waiting on an ambulance to come get you. So while you're out there trying to be buddy buddy with some dude(s) who really doesn't give a about you, long term, you're showing complete disregard and respect for those who WILL foot the bill for your funeral... no matter how much it is. They will borrow the money and take on the debt, to make sure you're buried with respect.

I don't know what I'm trying to say... That kids life is just weighing heavy on my heart this morning.

Know one really gives a who made it to Yankees the fastest last Sunday. No one really cares who lead the fast group. Except for the litle picture folks, the rest of us are laughing at you and hoping that some young, impressionable kid doesn't get killed in the process of seeking some dude approval, who at the end of the day, will forget about you a week after you're gone. Been there, done that... nobody cares.

Ride your ride. those guys.

Last edited by cdill35; 04-11-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To all you wanna-be EVERYTHING killers!!!! j_e_hurst General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 04-15-2013 07:50 PM
So I wanna make my downed R6 into a street fighter Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 10-24-2010 09:56 AM
Houston Killers! PowerSurgeD Stunters Lounge 62 04-11-2010 10:26 AM
KILLERS SPYDER BITE Off Topic 8 03-30-2009 02:42 PM
wanna see how good street tires are.......... RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 02-24-2006 08:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

I'll send you some prayers. How would you like them delivered?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
First thing is, if I ever kill myself on the streets, DO NOT put together a fund raiser for me. I would hate for my family to see a fund in my name struggle to raise a few thousand bucks.

This morning I woke up, scanned FB, and noticed a fund raiser for the young man who lost his life last week on Racer's Road. The one that went unnoticed... remember? I clicked on the link and noticed that $396 of a $10,000.00 goal had be raised. I think it's up to $450 now. Long way to go, you'd think, but imagine if everyone on the ride gave $200.00 and the other self proclaimed wealthy guys picked up a litte more of the tab, the $10k would be raised as fast as you could made 6 runs up and down racers road.

Several months ago a guy crashed on 3090. He's a parapalegic now. I saw a post of his on facebook the other day. The day the accident happened there were so many visitors and people stayed until well into the night. As each day passed fewer and fewer people came. Now he is home, the visitors are few and far between, and most have gone on with their lives and the incident is over for them. For him, it has just begun and will continue for the next 40 years of his life.

Not too long ago, at Rio Bravo MX, on a wednesday night, a guy crashed. Maybe 6 weeks ago? He just left ICU and is at TIRR now. His family is in another country. He has his girlfriend here. I'm not sure of the longterm prognosis but I dont thing it's super optimistic. Life has gone on for those that were there with him. He is still very much in the struggle. I was at Rio that night.

There was Tim Waters a few years ago. I was on that ride. I think of him periodically. I'm sure his family misses and thinks of him far more than I do, or anyone else who was on that ride think of him.

And Coach Dave... can't forget him. I wonder how often his children think of him?

And there were many more before I came around and plenty that I dont know about who's lives were changed forever, whose families were devasted, kids left fatherless or without a mother. Wives widowed, etc. For those people and their families it was a very real and horrific experience and they'll never forget teh day it happened or the phone call they received. It was much more than just a screen name or some guy who showed up on an occassional ride with people who acted like they really cared about them.

I think what I am getting at is that you newer guys, or even not so new guys, should really understand where your life falls, in terms of importance, with the guys you choose to ride with and race down 3090, 149, racers road, CRR, 610 or whatever lame twisty you ride. The importance of your life falls after theirs, their wife, GF, kids, job, mom, dad, bother, sister, cousins, neighbors and so on and so on... in other words your life actually matters very little to a lot of them. I know guy who get off on people crashing trying to hang with them. I know guys thagt'll ask you for parts of your crashed motorcycle while you're laying in the ditch waiting on an ambulance to come get you. So while you're out there trying to be buddy buddy with some dude(s) who really doesn't give a about you, long term, you're showing complete disregard and respect for those who WILL foot the bill for your funeral... no matter how much it is. They will borrow the money and take on the debt, to make sure you're buried with respect.

I don't know what I'm trying to say... That kids life is just weighing heavy on my heart this morning.

Know one really gives a who made it to Yankees the fastest last Sunday. No one really cares who lead the fast group. Except for the litle picture folks, the rest of us are laughing at you and hoping that some young, impressionable kid doesn't get killed in the process of seeking some dude approval, who at the end of the day, will forget about you a week after you're gone.

WHAT THE ARE YOU SAYING and WHY?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
WHAT THE ARE YOU SAYING and WHY?
"Take it to the track" you quick shifting
Old 04-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
"Take it to the track" you quick shifting
Oh, that.
How come he could not just say that?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

right, cuz racers and trackday doers never get hurt or killed
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!

Last edited by RACER X; 04-11-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #7
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Well stated OP!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #8
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
Oh, that.
How come he could not just say that?
Because he doesn't like to use the word ""
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #9
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:

Awesome post, and really a good reminder to all of us.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #10
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

I'm not saying anything about the track.

I think what I'm trying to say is that it's not worth risking your life and leaving the folks who really care about you behind.

I see all these people who have died or permantly injured themselves and after a few weeks of acting like they really give a , it's business as usual for all their moto buddies and the families are left picking up the pieces.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Right on.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

I am not sure what he is saying, but i like the sound of it...
already this year there are too many who will never ride again, and too many families in pain. This needs to stop. This last one is the second one this year that i am aware of that was killed on a ride and the guys he was riding with did not know they went down. I am not placing any blame, i am not saying anyone is at fault, but it should not happen.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #13
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Member Garage

Great post. Feelings like this are the biggest reason I haven't ridden much in the last couple of years. I've been kicking around the idea of selling the ninja and picking up a goldwing or something so the wife can go cruise with me. That, or maybe a 4 wheeler just to play in the dirt at the lease or something.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #14
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:

I think what I'm trying to say is that it's not worth risking your life and leaving the folks who really care about you behind.

I see all these people who have died or permantly injured themselves and after a few weeks of acting like they really give a , it's business as usual for all their moto buddies and the families are left picking up the pieces.
so then your saying riding is not worth the risk?

I'm confused
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #15
nutmegchoi
Go girls!

Bike(s):
2013 CBR600RR Repsol

Quote:

I think what I am getting at is that you newer guys, or even not so new guys, should really understand where your life falls, in terms of importance, with the guys you choose to ride with and race down 3090, 149, racers road, CRR, 610 or whatever lame twisty you ride. The importance of your life falls after theirs, their wife, GF, kids, job, mom, dad, bother, sister, cousins, neighbors and so on and so on... in other words your life actually matters very little to a lot of them. I know guys who get off on people crashing trying to hang with them. I know guys thagt'll ask you for parts of your crashed motorcycle while you're laying in the ditch waiting on an ambulance to come get you. So while you're out there trying to be buddy buddy with some dude(s) who really doesn't give a about you, long term, you're showing complete disregard and respect for those who WILL foot the bill for your funeral... no matter how much it is. They will borrow the money and take on the debt, to make sure you're buried with respect.

Know one really gives a who made it to Yankees the fastest last Sunday. No one really cares who lead the fast group. Except for the litle picture folks, the rest of us are laughing at you and hoping that some young, impressionable kid doesn't get killed in the process of seeking some dude approval, who at the end of the day, will forget about you a week after you're gone. Been there, done that... nobody cares.

Well said.
Can't agree more.

The sport we are in love is dangerous enough that you don't need to add any more.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #16
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
and after a few weeks of acting like they really give a , it's business as usual
+1
Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #17
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Quote:

THat is true of anything that we do. Dangerous or mundane that results in an accident.

As far as people moving on to normal activities...that is the human condition.

Look no further than 9/11. As time passes, even the news of the smaller memorial services are barely mentioned.
Think about soldiers killed in action recently and in years past?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #18
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post

I'm confused
Your old age is really starting to impact your reading comprehension.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #19
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Member Garage

Quote:

I'm confused
I took away from it that riding the street like a track is not worth the risk. There are inherent risks in riding to begin with, why tempt fate on the street with significantly higher speeds and a much greater chance of something happening outside of your control?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #20
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
right, cuz racers and trackday doers never get hurt or killed
It can and does happen, but at the track, the folks you are riding with know you went down, there is help there immediately and folks are not continuing the ride not even knowing you are missing.

Advertisement