MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
CUZ
Wheelie Man

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
09 ninja 250

Exclamation Headers

So I have a slip on on the 2fiddy and want a full exhaust.

Is there a place were they make "custom" headers?

Take That Dive
CUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Akrapovic Headers Cupial General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 03-18-2015 08:41 AM
open headers ?? -B- General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 08-05-2011 10:25 AM
How to clean headers? AYEELE General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 02-26-2011 03:05 AM
Can you bend my headers? Milez28 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 07-13-2007 01:08 PM
Wrapping Headers? Bgsxr1000 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 02-16-2006 12:20 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Is there really a point to that?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)

You could have one made but it probably won't give you any performance gains if that is what you're after.

Exhaust companies spend countless hours and money on R&D so they can get the most out of what they have to work with (26 hp I think?)

We have a full Leo system on our endurance bike, and it works well. Never ran it with just a slip on, but I almost certain the gains are minor at best.
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team
wiayeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I cant see the gains being worth it either
Old 04-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

If you doing it for a power gain, dont. For looks you can get them cerakoted or ceramic coated.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
imma_stocker
cager

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
If you doing it for a power gain, dont. For looks you can get them cerakoted or ceramic coated.
^this

Takes hours to dial in a true custom exhaust from the heads back once the flanges are made and routing figured out. the vac gauges and required tools alone cost a couple grand. Then you have to consider what gauge steel or titanium to use to keep it lighter than stock headers, degree bends and runner length to maintain even backpressure, effective collector to maintain backpressure, pipe ID, pipe material and heat transfer, then final pipe length and backpressure of muffler section.

Cliff notes, dress up your factory headers and call it a day. Ceramic coat is teh !
Old 05-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

It's your bike and your money, I say you do whatever the you want to do with both of them. Call these guys for custom exhaust and please do a full write up when your done with the project www.jemcoexhaust.com . There will ALWAYS be people telling you what you should and shouldn't do in this life...be a man and walk to the beat of your own drum!
Old 05-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
gots2no
Steve

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'94 Kawasaki ZX6
'78 Yamaha XS750E (sold)
'82 Yamaha Seca 750 (sold)
'82 Yamaha XT200 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
It's your bike and your money, I say you do whatever the you want to do with both of them. Call these guys for custom exhaust and please do a full write up when your done with the project www.jemcoexhaust.com . There will ALWAYS be people telling you what you should and shouldn't do in this life...be a man and walk to the beat of your own drum!
They do nice work. I had an old POS 250 2 stroke that they made an exhaust for me in the early 80's.
gots2no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gots2no View Post
They do nice work. I had an old POS 250 2 stroke that they made an exhaust for me in the early 80's.
I have seen quite a few of their systems in my day and I agree with you, they do nice work! If custom exhaust is what the OP is seeking, I can't think of a better shop to do it. Their websight sucks donkey but don't let that stop you from getting what you want.

Advertisement