MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #21
Racerxxx
CMRA #92
 
Racerxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,524












I wont be able to make it either but I will be there in spirit as well. Will be headed to TWS (Texas World Speedway).
Racerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Open House April 2nd! K's Events, Meets and Rides 5 04-02-2011 11:11 AM
Meeting at bakers street pub in the woodlands on friday Jay Off Topic 16 05-02-2008 04:45 PM
Rockets Guys Night Out - April 12th SwamiMoto Events, Meets and Rides 3 04-06-2006 09:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #22
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion
 
Neon Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kings Landing
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,221

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)






I cant make it, im out of town till Sunday night. Can you put me in spirit and post the results of the meeting. I read the other thread...that same road claimed that asian guy on the monster years ago...same situation...if you go off on that road ppl wont see you.
__________________
ASSASSINO
Neon Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #23
easyriderZX10R
Senior Member
 
easyriderZX10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 966

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2007 ZX10R SE sold
Yamaha Road Star 1700
08 harley ultra classic
02 harley electra glide
Santa Cruz Bullet / Super T pro






Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxx View Post
I wont be able to make it either but I will be there in spirit as well. Will be headed to TWS (Texas World Speedway).
me as well.....please keep me updated.

best regards, nick
__________________
If your not the lead dog, the scene never changes.
easyriderZX10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #24
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
I cant make it, im out of town till Sunday night. Can you put me in spirit and post the results of the meeting. I read the other thread...that same road claimed that asian guy on the monster years ago...same situation...if you go off on that road ppl wont see you.
Yeah i remember that but the other guy didnt quite made the turn almost went straight what happened to Mark just doesnt add up, he made it through the bumpy bridge and was out of the turn already regardless of what happened, we will not be riding that road again, i have seen too many accidents there its just not worth the risk for the less experienced riders.
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #25
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by easyriderZX10R View Post
me as well.....please keep me updated.

best regards, nick
Thanks Nick for the pics yesterday, at least i know it wasnt rider's error.
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #26
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxx View Post
I wont be able to make it either but I will be there in spirit as well. Will be headed to TWS (Texas World Speedway).
Have fun and be safe at TWS (Texas World Speedway) man!
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #27
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_TRAN View Post
won't be able to make it, but the buddy system sounds like the most feasible. good thing you're doing here Frank.
Yeah man the buddy system does sound really good and can be easily implemented the night before the ride, assuming everyone signs up for the ride and doesnt just show up at the meet spot without signing up first.
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #28
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,320

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Yeah man the buddy system does sound really good and can be easily implemented the night before the ride, assuming everyone signs up for the ride and doesnt just show up at the meet spot without signing up first.
That's one reason why you have a rider's meetings at the meet spot. Someone has to be in charge, conduct the meeting, and set the rules.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #29
cbrmonkey
aka Joe
 
cbrmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 341

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07' CBR600RR




Member Garage





I'm in.
cbrmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #30
easyriderZX10R
Senior Member
 
easyriderZX10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 966

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2007 ZX10R SE sold
Yamaha Road Star 1700
08 harley ultra classic
02 harley electra glide
Santa Cruz Bullet / Super T pro






his two buddies left that he came with...didn't tell anyone as far as I know...
so, he didn't get a new buddy...
for ex. cbrmonkey is my buddy on this ride...
and we were so spread out on that stretch at that pace...pffft
no need to reinvent the wheel.
__________________
If your not the lead dog, the scene never changes.
easyriderZX10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #31
MotoFreak
Senior Member
 
MotoFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 125

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Ducati Diavel Strada
2013 BMW K1600GT
2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S
2006 Honda XR650R
2003 Yamaha FJR 1300






I am in
MotoFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #32
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Some things definitely need to change if the SW ride continues to be this big. It is very sad and unfortunate what happened last Sunday and there's no reason something like that should ever happen again with a new system in place. It needs to be simple and effective though.

I put a ride trip in the works last Sunday afternoon for this weekend and it's looking like a go, so I will not be able to attend. We are leaving Friday.

I have a few suggestions, but will wait to hear the summary before giving my input. I'm sure you guys will come up with something good, just remember, simple and effective.
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #33
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,320

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by easyriderZX10R View Post
no need to reinvent the wheel.
Depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

1. Crashes will never be eliminated
2. Crashes can be reduced if riders want to do the recommended speed for turns (yellow signs). That's not going to happen
3. If everyone follows a good set of rules there is no reason a rider should be left on the side of the road and discovered by someone who was not on the ride.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #34
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by easyriderZX10R View Post
his two buddies left that he came with...didn't tell anyone as far as I know...
so, he didn't get a new buddy...
for ex. cbrmonkey is my buddy on this ride...
and we were so spread out on that stretch at that pace...pffft
no need to reinvent the wheel.
I agree with you, no amount of rules could have prevented Marks incident, those roads are dangerous not because of the level of difficulty involved but because they are mostly blind turns, i have seen a few riders go down at different spots and usually a big cloud of dust and tire marks n the pavement gives it away but in Marks case there were no signs of him going down, 40 riders went by and no one saw anything. I truely believe that the best way to prevent future incidents like this one is to avoid roads that have blind turns, that way we take the most dangerous part out of the equation and better rules will take care of the rest.
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #35
Bender
%$@*(&
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tanglewilde-Westchase
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 115

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Ninja 500
Triumph Tiger 750 (sold)








Will see you guys there
__________________
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #36
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
I truely believe that the best way to prevent future incidents like this one is to avoid roads that have blind turns, that way we take the most dangerous part out of the equation and better rules will take care of the rest.
I don't quite agree with that but we won't get into it here...that is the whole point of this meeting...others may feel the same as me and I think you guys will put some good ideas together with all the mixed opinions.
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #37
dboy713
Member
 
dboy713's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 87

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
11' 848 Evo Dark-Sold
12' R6 50th GP
12 CRF 70







Put me down as a maybe Frank.
dboy713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #38
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers
 
Pachuco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston (Proper)
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 3,823

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Its pretty simple. Do a head count. Its not rocket science
__________________
Stuntin like Jet Li, boat houses and jet ski's
Pachuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #39
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Some things definitely need to change if the SW ride continues to be this big. It is very sad and unfortunate what happened last Sunday and there's no reason something like that should ever happen again with a new system in place. It needs to be simple and effective though.

I put a ride trip in the works last Sunday afternoon for this weekend and it's looking like a go, so I will not be able to attend. We are leaving Friday.

I have a few suggestions, but will wait to hear the summary before giving my input. I'm sure you guys will come up with something good, just remember, simple and effective.
Yeap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

1. Crashes will never be eliminated
2. Crashes can be reduced if riders want to do the recommended speed for turns (yellow signs). That's not going to happen
3. If everyone follows a good set of rules there is no reason a rider should be left on the side of the road and discovered by someone who was not on the ride.
1.
2.
3. i feel bad about that because i usually do a head count but last Sunday i got distracted and didnt do my usual check on the group. Barry (BTR) has been wanting to jump to the first group for a while now, he respected the rules and has been on the SMR for more than 4 times now, so all i needed was to follow him through some turns to see how smooth he was and if he can keep his line without being all over the place that can affect riders in the first group making a pass on a turn, in the middle of this we had a new rider tailgating me thinking we were racing so i waved him to slow down and keep a distance so i can concentrate on watching Barry instead of worrying about a rider on my tail all the time, we got to the station and confronted the rider and explained to him what i was doing with Barry, we must have argued for maybe 10+ minutes but after that the new rider came over to apologize so everything was cool again and i began to explain to him that it wasnt personal but it was all in the name of safety, he understood and apologized again, so we shook hands like good friends and at that point everyone in the first group was desperate to get back on the road as it was getting hot, so geared up and got back on my bike to continue the ride and completely forgot about doing a head count
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #40
chevy42083
Senior Member
 
chevy42083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,932

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered








Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
Its pretty simple. Do a head count. Its not rocket science

As well as have anyone leaving the ride early wave to the sweeper.
If they need to go home or something... it's just a matter of waiting a minute for the tail to come by... give a thumbs up and wave good-bye.
__________________
-Duane
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy