MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #21
TxSandman
My backpacks got jets

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 Buell XB12R, 07 KLR650

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles." - John Wayne
TxSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Favourite breed of dog? Mr.D Off Topic 143 04-28-2011 01:42 PM
Favourite Quotes...beat this one blaknwite Taking it to the Track 30 09-22-2010 06:17 PM
What's your favourite class?????? Grinchy Taking it to the Track 21 12-07-2008 07:39 PM
33 motorcycle quotes that ur bound to enjoy BrokebackCowboy General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 11-28-2007 12:42 PM
what are you favourite sayings paniro187 Off Topic 37 11-02-2005 05:53 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #22
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Not exactly moto specific, but when asked why I take on the risks of riding a motorcycle I often reply with: "I would rather live one day as a lion, than a thousand as a lamb."

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #23
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

A few from Burt Munro. Worlds Fastest Indian.

•"If you don't follow your dreams Thomas, you might as well be a vegetable."
•"Well, why don't you put your money where your mouth is." (Says to member of the motorbike gang)
•"Invercargill, I-N-V-E-R-C-A-R-G-I-L-L. Sometimes I spell it with one 'L' to save ink."
•"Danger is the spice of life and you've got to take a risk now and then... that's what makes life worthwhile."
•"The reward is in the doing of it."
•"If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone."
•Tom says, "Aren't you scared you'll kill yourself if you crash." Burt replies, "No, you live more in five minutes on a bike like that, going flat out, than some people in a lifetime."
•"Getting old ain't for the faint of heart."
•"At my age, any day above ground and vertical is a good day."
•Frank says, "I see your front tires gone a bit flat on ya there Burt." Burt replies, "Oh yeah, well the good news is its only flat on the bottom."
•"All my life I've wanted to do something big ... something bigger and better than all the other jokers.
•Never seen a menu with photographs,"
Old 04-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #24
david75

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2009 Aprilia Shiver 750
1999 KTM LC4 640
2005 Triumph Sprint ST (sold)
2003 Honda CB 919 Hornet (sold)

"I'm a motorcycle of death, I ain't got no sidecar." FDR American Badass.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #25
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Mine.

"Motorcycling. The closest thing to flying without leaving the ground."

Unless someone else made it up and I don't know about it.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #26
Bluestreak06
Maine-ah

Bike(s):
2011 Hayabusa
2006 GSXR-600 (sold)
1981 yamaha XS 650(sold)

Member Garage

This.

http://www.aerostich.com/files/readi...alog/sotb.html

Season of the Bike
By Dave Karlotski

There is cold, and there is cold on a motorcycle. Cold on a motorcycle is like being beaten with coldhammers while being kicked with cold boots, a bone bruising cold. The wind's big hands squeeze the heat out of my body and whisk it away; caught in a cold October rain, the drops don't even feel like water. They feel like shards of bone fallen from the skies of to pock my face. I expect to arrive with my cheeks and forehead streaked with blood, but that's just an illusion, just the misery of nerves not designed for highway speeds.

Despite this, it's hard to give up my motorcycle in the fall and I rush to get it on the road again in the spring; lapses of sanity like this are common among motorcyclists. When you let a motorcycle into your life you're changed forever. The letters "MC" are stamped on your driver's license right next to your and height as if "motorcycle" was just another of your physical characteristics, or maybe a mental condition.

But when warm weather finally does come around all those cold snaps and rainstorms are paid in full because a motorcycle summer is worth any price. A motorcycle is not just a two-wheeled car; the difference between driving a car and climbing onto a motorcycle is the difference between watching TV and actually living your life. We spend all our time sealed in boxes and cars are just the rolling boxes that shuffle us languidly from home-box to work-box to store-box and back, the whole time entombed in stale air, temperature regulated, sound insulated, and smelling of carpets.

On a motorcycle I know I'm alive. When I ride, even the familiar seems strange and glorious. The air has weight and substance as I push through it and its touch is as intimate as water to a swimmer. I feel the cool wells of air that pool under trees and the warm spokes of sunlight that fall through them. I can see everything in a sweeping 360 degrees, up, down and around, wider than PanaVision and higher than IMAX and unrestricted by ceiling or dashboard.

Sometimes I even hear music. It's like hearing phantom telephones in the shower or false doorbells when vacuuming; the pattern-loving brain, seeking signals in the noise, raises acoustic ghosts out of the wind's roar. But on a motorcycle I hear whole songs: rock 'n roll, dark orchestras, women's voices, all hidden in the air and released by speed.

At 30 miles an hour and up, smells become uncannily vivid. All the individual tree-smells and flower-smells and grass-smells flit by like chemical notes in a great plant symphony. Sometimes the smells evoke memories so strongly that it's as though the past hangs invisible in the air around me, wanting only the most casual of rumbling time machines to unlock it. A ride on a summer afternoon can border on the rapturous. The sheer volume and variety of stimuli is like a bath for my nervous system, an electrical massage for my brain, a systems check for my soul. It tears smiles out of me: a minute ago I was dour, depressed, apathetic, numb, but now, on two wheels, big, ragged, windy smiles flap against the side of my face, billowing out of me like air from a decompressing plane. Transportation is only a secondary function. A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

I still think of myself as a motorcycle amateur, but by now I've had a handful of bikes over a half dozen years and slept under my share of bridges. I wouldn't trade one second of either the good times or the misery. Learning to ride was one of the best things I've done.

Cars lie to us and tell us we're safe, powerful, and in control. The air-conditioning fans murmur empty assurances and whisper, "Sleep, sleep." Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If you don't shake it after you pee the terrorists win.
Ben C.
Bluestreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #27
LadyDuc

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'96 Ducati 900 SS SP
'99 Ducati 750 SS sold
'89 Honda NT650 GT Hawk sold
'94 Suzuki Katana 750 sold
Not a bike but almost as fun; '05 Dodge Neon SRT-4 ACR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Dave View Post
If u can read this shirt, the fell off.

I saw this one on the back of a mc trailer- if my wife let me ride her as much as I ride my motorcycle I'd be home right now.
I have a shirt that says "if you can read this the just passed you"
Old 04-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #28
kokobandit

Bike(s):
GSF1250S

"If you love your motorcycle, let it go, if it comes back to you, you have probably high-sided."
kokobandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #29
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak06 View Post
This.

http://www.aerostich.com/files/readi...alog/sotb.html

Season of the Bike
By Dave Karlotski
Dude, that whole thing was amazing and right on point. Thanks for posting!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #30
Fastola
Banned

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 CBR6er-street

User is banned

Fastola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #31
Soldaten

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2010 BMW F800 ST
YZ250 (sold)
BMW E30 Race Car
LeMons Race Car (burned)

Not moto specific, but one of my favorite quotes:

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Emerson
Old 04-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #32
nilnwahs

Bike(s):
HP4
Speed Triple R

Xesqe
Old 04-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #33
houmax

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX14
RSV R
K1200GT
VMAX

Never scoot faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Wear your gear while biking because the only more dangerous way to get from point A to point B is by cannon.
houmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement