MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Stolen Bike Reports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #41
greaselightnin

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
03 gsxr 600(stolen)
honda xr 100 (sold)
07 cbr 1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevolution View Post
lol, oh im sure. like I said they even threw in some stickers for me. They obviously cared.

Air box is a good idea, will check that
He tried adding more horsepower for his getaway...proof that stickers do not add horsepower.

Unless they were rainbow stickers...

Last edited by greaselightnin; 04-08-2013 at 11:31 AM.
greaselightnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bike Stolen in 1961 Returned to Man After 46 Years xtelevisionset General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 11-11-2013 04:38 PM
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #42
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Glad you got your bike back. But even before I buy a bike, I make sure I can afford AT LEAST fire/wind/theft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #43
kevolution

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2011 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
Glad you got your bike back. But even before I buy a bike, I make sure I can afford AT LEAST fire/wind/theft.
Thanks mate. I agree with you of course.

Let me just clarify that I really did NOT think about theft insurance when I bought my insurance. Sounds dumb right? But here why-

When I bought the bike I got it for 6g that price included the 4 year warranty for everything. SO when I got insurance I thought, "so if I crash, I'm only going to either hurt myself or my bike. Ive got great healthcare and If its my bike i have a lot of stuff covered on the warranty, so why do I need full coverage? Just get the liability.
That was the end of it, I didn't even think about theft. Didn't even cross my mind. First bike, had a garage and never had a car stolen so I just didn't even think of it.
Whatever.

"dBuck" would tell me that this is my own fault, and hes right. It was MY stupid mistake not to think of it. MINE.
But after walking out my front door and my ONLY vehicle to and from both jobs is gone after I dropped 6gs on it is just GONE, I'll tell you what, I thought of that theft coverage real quick boy!

Im really not trying to step on anyone's feet. Not looking for sympathy. I'm just glad to have my bike back. That is all. dBuck I hope this clears things up a bit? Im not disagreeing with you im not trying to disrespect you.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #44
kevolution

Bike(s):
2011 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
I saw one with a black skull on the gas tank while shopping for for new shoes and gold jewelry at greenspoint a few days back.
Yeah that was my bike. And it wasn't me on it. They ended up removing the skull and the letters on the windshield. man, I guess had I posted that It had been stolen on here a while ago you kind gentlemen would have been able to point me in the direction.

That,s crazy that 3 different people saw it while it was already stolen lol.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #45
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Yeah that was my bike. And it wasn't me on it. They ended up removing the skull and the letters on the windshield. man, I guess had I posted that It had been stolen on here a while ago you kind gentlemen would have been able to point me in the direction.

That,s crazy that 3 different people saw it while it was already stolen lol.
good thing i kicked it over for parking in a handicap spot I did however find the right gold grill to offset the tangerine in my new kicks.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #46
kevolution

Bike(s):
2011 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
good thing i kicked it over for parking in a handicap spot I did however find the right gold grill to offset the tangerine in my new kicks.
YOU'RE probably the one who stole my bike huh!?!?! Lol
Old 04-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #47
whomikedao
Physicist

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'09 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(sold)
'05 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636(sold)
Honda Rebel 250

you got some luck man! Glad you got your bike back

Please tell me I'm not the only nerd here
whomikedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #48
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

You thought warranty was gonna pay up to fix damage from a wreck? Did I read that right ?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #49
noob
Muay Thai/BJJ

Bike(s):
o8 R6
07 Gsxr750
09 R6 sold
07 R6

Did the perpetrator put an exhaust back on your bike for you after you removed it for extra hp?
noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #50
kevolution

Bike(s):
2011 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
Great ending, glad you got your bike back! Soo what kinda stickers did you get?
Some little Kawasaki stickers the size of my pinky. Lol. Idk why.....Just made me laugh when I saw that...
Old 04-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #51
kevolution

Bike(s):
2011 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
You thought warranty was gonna pay up to fix damage from a wreck? Did I read that right ?
Well, yeah. I kinda did. But it kinda don't but they will replace for me even if its bad because of wear and tear. Like a free chain. Idk its kind of weird. Tires too at so many miles. Kinda cool. I didn't think that they would like replace my fenders if I layed it over. But essentially the necessity's were covered.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #52
kevolution

Bike(s):
2011 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post
Did the perpetrator put an exhaust back on your bike for you after you removed it for extra hp?
You know what? He sure didnt. But he did leave me a sticky note on the gas tank, it said "I LOVE that whistler tip! I sound like a G driving up to Gunspoint.... er greenspoint mall!!!"
Which is the area they found him and apparently the other guy on this thread also saw the bike parked out front. Guess he just needed somethin fly to meet up with his homies at the mall. So he took my 250

Last edited by kevolution; 04-08-2013 at 12:59 PM.
kevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #53
MauricioF
noob 250r rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Green '08 Kawi 250r

Because of this thread, I will now go home and see if my policy covers theft. (before my bike gets stolen since its a green 250 as well)
MauricioF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #54
drzag

Quote:
Thanks mate. I agree with you of course.

Let me just clarify that I really did NOT think about theft insurance when I bought my insurance. Sounds dumb right? But here why-

When I bought the bike I got it for 6g that price included the 4 year warranty for everything. SO when I got insurance I thought, "so if I crash, I'm only going to either hurt myself or my bike. Ive got great healthcare and If its my bike i have a lot of stuff covered on the warranty, so why do I need full coverage? Just get the liability.
That was the end of it, I didn't even think about theft. Didn't even cross my mind. First bike, had a garage and never had a car stolen so I just didn't even think of it.
Whatever.

"dBuck" would tell me that this is my own fault, and hes right. It was MY stupid mistake not to think of it. MINE.
But after walking out my front door and my ONLY vehicle to and from both jobs is gone after I dropped 6gs on it is just GONE, I'll tell you what, I thought of that theft coverage real quick boy!

Im really not trying to step on anyone's feet. Not looking for sympathy. I'm just glad to have my bike back. That is all. dBuck I hope this clears things up a bit? Im not disagreeing with you im not trying to disrespect you.
You paid $6,000 for a ninja 250? you got robbed twice. Once at the stealership and once by some thugs.

You're also a piece of for considering to try to scam the Insurance company out of money. Don't do that kind of no matter how tempting it is.
drzag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #55
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by drzag View Post
You paid $6,000 for a ninja 250? you got robbed twice. Once at the stealership and once by some thugs.

You're also a piece of for considering to try to scam the Insurance company out of money. Don't do that kind of no matter how tempting it is.
BUT THE WARRANTYS

sounds like Mancuso

Old 04-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #56
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Yup. People get bent over cause they think that warranty is worth 2500-3000.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #57
kevolution

Bike(s):
2011 Ninja 250r

Yeah I definitely wouldn't get the warranty again...
Don't regret the purchase of the bike at all though drzag. Just went back and looked at the receipets it was actually just a litttle over 5grand for the 2011 a 4 year warranty a helmet a nice jacket gloves. Dont see how I got robbed. Think I ended up doing just fine.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #58
drzag

6 grand? Who said you paid 5 grand? I think it was only 4 grand. You got a steal at 3 grand man!
drzag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #59
kevolution

Bike(s):
2011 Ninja 250r

Is that right?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #60
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by drzag View Post
6 grand? Who said you paid 5 grand? I think it was only 4 grand. You got a steal at 3 grand man!
TROLL

Advertisement