Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 12:28 PM   #1
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
pHiDDy

Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
a new ticket

so i break out the raggity one yesterday since it hasn't been rode in a while and as im leaving my subdivision i see sugarland pd on a motorcycle about 100 yards ahead . i wasn't doing anything illegal so i just went on as i passed i nodded at him and he pulls in behind me. im thinking no big deal so i procede on then he chirps his siren so i pull over . he asked for my dl and ins. i hand it over. then he tells me he pulling me over for a dirty liciense(sp) plate. i looked at him stupid for a sec and say how do you mean? he replied i couldn't see the registration sticker from 50 ft. away . i shook my head and kinda laughed then i bent down and wiped the top corner of my plate clean and asked if it was bettier?i guess that him off so he decided to do a safety inspection on my bike and found nothing. he then used his cellphone to double check my insurance to see if it was legit.i never knew a dirty licience(SP) plate was illegal till now.....
i've had jeeps and trucks that you could even read the numbers on and never had a problem .i can't even see the 07 sticker on my bike from 50 ft. with it clean so i dunno guess they found something else to write tickets for , i will be fighting this one
ikp460. is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another ticket.... KingwoodSquid General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 09-01-2013 07:34 PM
Just got a ticket KeeBee General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 04-11-2009 07:18 AM
I got a ticket now what? johnpatrick87 General Discussion (Moto Related) 46 03-24-2009 12:28 AM
Just got a ticket... Amanda Off Topic 29 05-23-2008 01:13 PM
****in ticket joecamel General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 06-03-2006 10:18 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2007, 12:32 PM   #2
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

"i couldn't see the registration sticker from 50 ft. away"

There's no law that says that this is a requirement.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

its ok.. cops dont like me either.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #4
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?

Bike(s):
pHiDDy

its gettin borderline pathetic on the they write tickets for..
Old 03-09-2007, 12:37 PM   #5
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

fight that , and while you're in court, apologize to the jurors for having to waste their time on a beautiful day for such a silly ticket.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:39 PM   #6
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?

Bike(s):
pHiDDy

haha only thing its sugarland and it a pain to fight tickets here...i will fight and reset 3-4 times and waste that cops time since he's wasting mine.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:56 PM   #7
slim

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
03 R1
zx7r street fighter
95 shadow 1100

that sucks fight it
slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:03 PM   #8
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

why did he check the insurance with a cellphone? don't they have radios anymore?
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:03 PM   #9
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
"i couldn't see the registration sticker from 50 ft. away"

There's no law that says that this is a requirement.

There is one that says they have to be able to see the license plate from 50 feet away (this is written into the "you must have a white light that illuminates your license plate....")

I'm quite sure he wrote the ticket for dirtly license plate not specifically the registration sticker... some officers are just out there to write traffic tickets...that's their reason for being on the streets.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #10
issanni
assfault

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
why did he check the insurance with a cellphone? don't they have radios anymore?
Probably called the insurance company/agent to verify the policy was valid. Anyone can get insurance for a month and then quit paying or cancel and still have a insurance card that appears valid.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #11
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by issanni
There is one that says they have to be able to see the license plate from 50 feet away (this is written into the "you must have a white light that illuminates your license plate....")
I think the 50' requirement applies to the white light - i.e. the light must be bright enough so that the plate could be seen at 50' [at night].

Regardless. It's stupid to write a ticket for this. He cannot prove that your plate was too dirty to be read unless he took a picture of it.

Best thing to do is not argue with him. If you p1ss him off then he's gonna make a little note on the back of the ticket reminding himself to show up in court.

Last edited by MadseasoN; 03-09-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:10 PM   #12
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?

Bike(s):
pHiDDy

i took pictures.....he was just anass tryin go get me on something
Old 03-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #13
issanni
assfault

Quote:
I think the 50' requirement applies to the white light - i.e. the light must be bright enough so that the plate could be seen at 50' [at night].

Regardless. It's stupid to write a ticket for this. He cannot prove that your plate was too dirty to be read unless he took a picture of it.

Best thing to do is not argue with him. If you p1ss him off then he's gonna make a little note on the back of the ticket reminding himself to show up in court.
There is something else about the plate being obstructed or dirty as well. I've heard of several people getting tickets for this over the years...its all in the officers interpretation. And it matters not if he's right, cause when it goes to court they are always going to believe an officer over a citizen for the most part on a traffic violation.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:17 PM   #14
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by issanni

I'm quite sure he wrote the ticket for dirtly license plate not specifically the registration sticker... some officers are just out there to write traffic tickets...that's their reason for being on the streets.
ya.. everyone knows they aren't out there keeping the streets safe.. how about more tickets for RUNNING RED LIGHTS and NOT USING THE ON RAMP PROPERLY (really me off when people get on the freeway going 40) and how about the good ol' (dont know if this is good in harris county but where i'm from its a pretty common ticket for slow drivers)RIDING IN LEFT LANE AND NOT PASSING (you will see the signs when you get away from the city they say "LEFT LANE FOR PASSING ONLY" I've never gotten a ticket for it bc i am always passing and when im not passing i move over for the guy that is hauling major .... so how about more of those tickets and less harassment type tickets :confused1
Old 03-09-2007, 02:21 PM   #15
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
ya.. everyone knows they aren't out there keeping the streets safe.. how about more tickets for RUNNING RED LIGHTS and NOT USING THE ON RAMP PROPERLY (really me off when people get on the freeway going 40) and how about the good ol' (dont know if this is good in harris county but where i'm from its a pretty common ticket for slow drivers)RIDING IN LEFT LANE AND NOT PASSING (you will see the signs when you get away from the city they say "LEFT LANE FOR PASSING ONLY" I've never gotten a ticket for it bc i am always passing and when im not passing i move over for the guy that is hauling major .... so how about more of those tickets and less harassment type tickets :confused1
I call that perpetual passing!
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:21 PM   #16
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
Most tickets are written for revenue generation. I went down last week to get my lic. plate ticket dismissed. The whole time I was there I kept thinking - 'this is nothing but a dog and pony show'.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:22 PM   #17
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Most tickets are written for revenue generation. I went down last week to get my lic. plate ticket dismissed. The whole time I was there I kept thinking - 'this is nothing but a dog and pony show'.
Yep....giddyup ****ers!:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #18
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?

Bike(s):
pHiDDy

the whole legal system is based of making money how is a 125 dollar ticket for a dirty plate going to teach me a lesson? same reason pot will never be legal the court system makes millions of dollars on fine,probation and jail time for possesion of mari. all about the $$$$$
Old 03-09-2007, 02:34 PM   #19
issanni
assfault

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikp460.
the whole legal system is based of making money how is a 125 dollar ticket for a dirty plate going to teach me a lesson? same reason pot will never be legal the court system makes millions of dollars on fine,probation and jail time for possesion of mari. all about the $$$$$
Only way they'd make MJ legal is if they found a way to make MORE money on it than they do now (fines, prob., etc) by taxing the isht outta it....

speaking of MJ, I was on my way to Motorcycles Unlimited yesterday to get my tire...I was behind a work truck with a ladder rack on the top with ladders and stuff thought to myself, I swear I smell weed.....passed the guy and looked over and sure enough there he is with his window down and a big phatty hanging off his lip.......how f'ing stupid is that! Dude are you trying to get arrested for DUI and who knows what while you're in your company truck on the clock...

Last edited by issanni; 03-09-2007 at 02:36 PM.
issanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:04 PM   #20
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Did you check to see if his plate was visible from 50ft? Yeah I'm an and I would have checked his. If his was not visible I would have asked for an additional officer to be present at the seen. :laughing6

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement