Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
My Ebay and Paypal got Hax0r3d.....

The other day my someone got a ahold of my ebay account and used it to sell multiple items which all were DVD's. They even changed my password and security questions so that I couldn't report fraud. :eh: So fast forward to today... I log onto my online banking and noticed i owed Washington mutual $46. I was like WTF? So I look at my past transactions and see that somebody used my paypal account and drained $1400 from banking account.

So i've already filed a dispute with the bank and also with Paypal. What paypal said basically is that I have to file each claim and they then go to the seller and ask if this was authorized amount or something. I'm sooo right now. I was also able to cancel like 3 payments that equaled up to $500 but that too is on hold right now while they ask the "other party" if the payment is ok to cancel. Most of the money went to bogus looking emails and a few websites such as http://www.runescape.com for a 6 month subscription and http://www.godaddy.com for who knows what, but they had an monthly billing cycle on that one and then like 3 or 4 asian looking names. One question.. how long does it take for paypal to wait on the person receiving the money to accept or deny it?

I am pretty good at not clicking on ebay or paypal emails that I do receive and change my passwords on occasions. I am sooo right now. Dont have a dollar to my name right now and Washington Mutual says it takes about 5-7 days for the money to be put back into my account.

Ughhh this sucks... :BangHead: Good thing I didn't go out with some friends last night. That would have been embarrassing to see my debit card denied.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
paypal ? RACER X Off Topic 11 05-27-2012 11:46 PM
paypal pester Off Topic 11 08-27-2010 07:20 PM
fake paypal pester Off Topic 7 07-28-2009 05:30 PM
Paypal For BigBob JP171 Off Topic 10 04-02-2009 02:18 PM
paypal safety ?'s jetcycles Off Topic 13 01-22-2007 12:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

PayPal sucks a$$.

I removed by bank account info from there a long time ago. Now I have them send me a check when I sell something or pull it from my CC when I buy.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:30 PM   #3
AliceInChains02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

, that sucks. how do you think that happened? just some hacker? you didn't get any emails or anything with links asking you for a password, did you?
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:33 PM   #4
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Are you right now?

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:35 PM   #5
MadseasoN

.... one thing. NEVER click on those bogus Ebay or Paypal email links. Even if you know they're fake and want to see them anyway. That get's cached in your PC. Guess what happens next time you go to the real Ebay or PP site .... your PC pulls up the cached (fake) copy, you log in, then bam. They got your .
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?

Bike(s):
pHiDDy

Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
it takes a while to get your cash back and 1/2 the time paypal says no you need to call them and yaur bank can reverse the charges and make payapl figure it out thats your banks job if money gets stolen.
ikp460. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:36 PM   #7
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

i hav ebeen getting the same email every few days froma knock off pay pal... mozilla tells me its spyware so i dont with it...

it basically says there have been several attempted log ins from different ip addresses than you usually use, to verify your account please click here and log in. and when you click there it bring up a page just like pay pal and asks you to log in.. if you do your name and password is sent to that fukr that is going to you.

just like the myspace .. but in myspace they cant you, they just with you.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #8
Los
Gang Member

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
.... one thing. NEVER click on those bogus Ebay or Paypal email links. Even if you know they're fake and want to see them anyway. That get's cached in your PC. Guess what happens next time you go to the real Ebay or PP site .... your PC pulls up the cached (fake) copy, you log in, then bam. They got your .
thats probably how it happened. Im but happens. Just got to keep my head up. The bank will refund the money back and I will have to go through with the investigation then.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:42 PM   #9
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
sorry to hear that man. Yes, those emails that say you need to click and renter your email or asking for info are fake, that is how they get your info.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:45 PM   #10
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los
thats probably how it happened. Im but happens. Just got to keep my head up. The bank will refund the money back and I will have to go through with the investigation then.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:52 PM   #11
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

nigerians got you fool, they used your to set up their other bogus , expect more in the near future, those fools have training on how to rip off americans. So when their other scams get busted, it will link back to you!! Keep your paperwork organized, you are in for some .
Old 03-09-2007, 03:40 PM   #12
Los
Gang Member

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302
nigerians got you fool, they used your to set up their other bogus , expect more in the near future, those fools have training on how to rip off americans. So when their other scams get busted, it will link back to you!! Keep your paperwork organized, you are in for some .

They were a bunch of Asian names though and they used the money to register onto a gaming website and web hosting though... do nigerians do that stuff? lol
Old 03-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #13
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los

They were a bunch of Asian names though and they used the money to register onto a gaming website and web hosting though... do nigerians do that stuff? lol
they are not as stoopid as they look. they register web sites to create bogus emails, fake paypal, western union and so forth.

Advertisement