MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
DT675
Senior Member
 
DT675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 163

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2006 Daytona 675
2010 WR250R
2008 CRF100F
2004 KLX300
2006 CRF50






Future TMGP Newb

Hey guys, new to the forum, but I've been lurking a bit here and some other forums and have become interested in TMGP. Picked up a 2008 CRF100 a couple of weeks back and so the build begins. I've since found a few more issues with the bike in getting it ready than anticipated, including a slightly bent right side fork (if anyone knows of one laying around, let me know). I'm watching ebay closely for the right deal on that or may consider repairing the one I have if that is even possible or safe. There's no obvious bend or crease, but when I put it up to straight edge, it's obviously off a bit. I did have one question, what is everyone doing for a catch bottle? Pictures would be awesome if anyone has some they would like to share. Anyways, just thought I would pop in and say hello and hope to be out on the grid in the next couple of races.
DT675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help Newb here OpnCskt Stunters Lounge 81 12-23-2011 09:14 AM
newb question Big Boy Forum Updates & Feedback 17 03-18-2009 07:06 AM
Newb Status specterunseen General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 12-21-2008 12:32 PM
newb question 05cert General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 05-30-2007 07:21 PM
My first wheelie(newb) motofreak03 Stunters Lounge 20 10-26-2005 10:57 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
TomballD
Senior Member
 
TomballD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,625

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80






I will put up some photos of how i put my catch bottles on. Any small 3-7 ounce bottle will work. I used the travel safe bottles for airlines. Welcome!
TomballD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
Mr.337
skinny kid racing ftw
 
Mr.337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: by MSRH
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,014

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600 race bike
03 KX 6five (TMGP bike)
07 R6 street (sold)
09 r6 race bike (sold)






Welcome
__________________
CMRA #979
TMGP #979 F5 2013 F5N & Backwards N class champ
I flash Yamaha ECU's
Mr.337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #4
obed
TMGP Pimp
 
obed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,271

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike






what part of town are you in, sometimes getting to look at one up close and personal works better than pictures...
how much do you weigh... asking because of the forks, I have a set of forks but have the heavy duty bbr springs in them... list what you need to do to the bike to get it ready... several of they guys may have parts you need that they no longer use having done modifications to their bikes. I live in the montrose area and would be happy to have you come by and look at my crf.
__________________
Be Free, Have Fun.... Give None, Take None
obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
DT675
Senior Member
 
DT675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 163

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2006 Daytona 675
2010 WR250R
2008 CRF100F
2004 KLX300
2006 CRF50






Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
what part of town are you in, sometimes getting to look at one up close and personal works better than pictures...
how much do you weigh... asking because of the forks, I have a set of forks but have the heavy duty bbr springs in them... list what you need to do to the bike to get it ready... several of they guys may have parts you need that they no longer use having done modifications to their bikes. I live in the montrose area and would be happy to have you come by and look at my crf.
Obed, thanks for the offer. I will probably take you up on that. It'd be nice to look a race ready bike over. I'm on the Northwest side of town up 290, not quite to Cypress (Stonegate area). I'm probably around 185 lbs geared up and ready to ride.

As far as getting the bike ready, I'm sure there will be more, but I need to get it safety wired, tune on the carb a bit more (front end is off right now so i can't do much with that), mount a catch bottle, look at trueing the wheels (might attempt this myself, not sure yet) and a few other small things like changing the brake shoes etc. The front wheel I bought off of a CRF80 has a slight lip bend, not sure if this will pose an issue with vibration on the pavement or not or I should attempt to straigten it or just start over and look for a new wheel as well. Once I get that figured out, just need to get some tires mounted and I should be close.
DT675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
obed
TMGP Pimp
 
obed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,271

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike






well, when you are going to be in my area, holler at me..
__________________
Be Free, Have Fun.... Give None, Take None
obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #7
rob78
. . . . . . . . .
 
rob78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Katy/Cypress
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 6,268

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was









Quote:
Originally Posted by DT675 View Post
Obed, thanks for the offer. I will probably take you up on that. It'd be nice to look a race ready bike over. I'm on the Northwest side of town up 290, not quite to Cypress (Stonegate area). I'm probably around 185 lbs geared up and ready to ride.

As far as getting the bike ready, I'm sure there will be more, but I need to get it safety wired, tune on the carb a bit more (front end is off right now so i can't do much with that), mount a catch bottle, look at trueing the wheels (might attempt this myself, not sure yet) and a few other small things like changing the brake shoes etc. The front wheel I bought off of a CRF80 has a slight lip bend, not sure if this will pose an issue with vibration on the pavement or not or I should attempt to straigten it or just start over and look for a new wheel as well. Once I get that figured out, just need to get some tires mounted and I should be close.
hit up chad "themagicman" for truing up the wheels, he did mine. The carb may just need a good cleaning and as far as the forks how bad is a "slight" bend?
__________________
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #8
dankosh
Ride, just ride.
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 133

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 NSR50R
01 XR100R
2005 CRF50 STUNT







Welcome. Stonegate area puts you 3 miles from my house. Although I currently ride an NSR for TMGP I am rebuilding an XR/CRF that I hope to get on the track later this season. Let me know if you need another hand or two.
dankosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #9
DT675
Senior Member
 
DT675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 163

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2006 Daytona 675
2010 WR250R
2008 CRF100F
2004 KLX300
2006 CRF50






Rob, thanks for the heads up on truing the wheels. I'll give him a shout when I get on the wheels. I just went thru the carb and changed the pilot to a 38 and a 102 on the main. It starts and runs great, just need to fine tune it a little and try to get rid of the bog, but I've only ran it around the neighborhood a couple of times since rejetting. It wouldn't run before without the choke on, couldn't even see light thru the pilot.

Dankosh, do you have a white truck? I believe I saw a white truck with a white NSR in the back of it a few weeks ago headed down Barker to 529, figured it was headed to the track one Sunday morning.
DT675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
DT675
Senior Member
 
DT675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 163

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2006 Daytona 675
2010 WR250R
2008 CRF100F
2004 KLX300
2006 CRF50






As far as the forks, I can't find an actual bend/crease on the one fork, but when I put it up to straight edge, it's off just a little. With the handlebars straight, the front wheel was cocked slightly to the right, so I pulled them off to investigate and thats when I found the bend.
DT675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #11
rob78
. . . . . . . . .
 
rob78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Katy/Cypress
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 6,268

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was









Quote:
Originally Posted by DT675 View Post
As far as the forks, I can't find an actual bend/crease on the one fork, but when I put it up to straight edge, it's off just a little. With the handlebars straight, the front wheel was cocked slightly to the right, so I pulled them off to investigate and thats when I found the bend.
if there's no crease then it may be possible to make a jig and straighten them back out.. mine were like that, I wasnt the one theat fixed them or I would help you out. its cheaper than replacing them

im not to far from you either 529 & greenhouse
__________________
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
DT675
Senior Member
 
DT675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 163

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2006 Daytona 675
2010 WR250R
2008 CRF100F
2004 KLX300
2006 CRF50






rob, did you take them to a shop?
DT675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #13
rob78
. . . . . . . . .
 
rob78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Katy/Cypress
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 6,268

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was









Quote:
Originally Posted by DT675 View Post
rob, did you take them to a shop?
no a friend did it
__________________
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #14
dankosh
Ride, just ride.
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 133

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 NSR50R
01 XR100R
2005 CRF50 STUNT







Quote:
Originally Posted by DT675 View Post

Dankosh, do you have a white truck? I believe I saw a white truck with a white NSR in the back of it a few weeks ago headed down Barker to 529, figured it was headed to the track one Sunday morning.
That is correct.
dankosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy