MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #281
grsa

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

[QUOTE=iDazzle;3535757]
Friend and I both got pulled over. We were no way in riding over speed limit, heck, even under speed limit since there were cops everywhere. I saw your cops lights at a distance.. when you were PARKED and PULLED over, not when you were "traveling" at a "rate of speed"... we slowed the heck down miles ago...being so very cautious.

They were truly messing with motorcyclists. We didnt do a darn thing wrong. UGH!
[QUOTE]
Never said you were ridnig OVER the speed limit only that you were faster than me, no surprise there since i am so slow so chill and don't get so defensive. How many passes did you make on RR? because I didn't recall your bikes on RR it was a couple others from what I recall but then I was listening to the officer more than paying attention to the bikes at that time. I distinctly remember seeing you two on 359 not 1458 and you were not traveling fast at all. Case of mistaken identity?

I agree that they did want to mess with anything on two wheels and motor.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SW Sunday Morning Ride April 28th. sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 40 04-28-2013 12:52 PM
SW Sunday Morning Ride April 21st. sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 105 04-21-2013 10:44 PM
SW Sunday Morning Ride April 14th. sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 138 04-15-2013 10:33 PM
SUNDAY MORNING RIDE SW BLAKE81 Events, Meets and Rides 4 05-13-2012 07:23 AM
SW Sunday Morning Ride April 24 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 103 04-28-2011 09:26 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #282
Halen
Suerte O Muerte

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 BMW S1000rr
2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
2008 Ducati Monster S4RS Tricolore
2001 Yamaha Champions Edition R6
2004 Honda NSR50

Member Garage

Reading about what happened yesterday is truly sad. My deepest condolences to the family and friends. May the rider RIP.

I swept the 2nd group and we were going at or below the speed limit during the majority of the time. After hitting the gas station as I was rolling out I saw 3 police cars waiting for us (I counted a total of 7 police cars on the route). I turned around to warn the 3rd group so that they knew what was up ahead. When we left I swept the 3rd group and there was no sign of problems on the road. Since I was the last rider to come through RR, if someone would have gone done I'd have seen them.

It's clear that this was an organized effort from the local police force and the state troopers.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #283
lone_rider
SDRC RouteMaster

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'08 CBR1000rr
'09 Kawi C-14 RIP

This is so very sad, RIP Mark. Condolences sent to his family and friends and may they find the strength needed to deal with this tragic loss. Prayers sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
I'm 25 and have known him since the 6th grade. He was one of my best friends and I don't have many of em. RIP Mark. I'll keep your family and friends in my prayers, see you on the other side brother.
It it very hard to lose a good friend and especially one of your best friends. Hang in there Josh, and if you need anything, please let me know. I only met Mark a few times and I'm having a hard time with this one. PM sent.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #284
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)

WOW, sorry to hear such sad news of this.... my condolences to his friends and family.

Commissioner
Old 04-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #285
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

Condolences to his family,a really sad day .
A reminder that this hobby is a dangerous one and you need to be on your guard all the time.
I hope the details will come out so we can learn from it. Maybe the family might share them after the grieving process.
Knowing very well how the SMR works and with sweeper on group 2 and 3,it is hard to figure this out, i would think that it might have happened when the ride was over and when people usually split back home ....
Old 04-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #286
itsmebanky

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Huffy

RIP Mark and my sincerest condolences to his family. Khan, i hope you can get the story straight and figure out what happened bro.

Anyone know the guy riding the bike in the middle? He had iirc 3 saddle bags on a R6 or something? its the middle bike in this picture, i think his name is Jon. He had to go to work in the middle of the ride and bailed after adam broke down. whats his board name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
The bike on the right is Prolif1k's SV650
SAM 1972 zps8be6a2b4

Last edited by itsmebanky; 04-08-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #287
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmebanky View Post
RIP Mark and my sincerest condolences to his family. Khan, i hope you can get the story straight and figure out what happened bro.

Anyone know the guy riding the bike in the middle? He had iirc 3 saddle bags on a R6 or something? its the middle bike in this picture, i think his name is Jon. He had to go to work in the middle of the ride and bailed after MonsterAnus(lol) broke down. whats his board name?
Mark introduced him to me yesterday morning at la madeleine, i dont think he is a member of any forums yet.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #288
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

RIP to the rider.

Its a reminder to us all that our favorite entertainment is inherently dangerous.
I agree with Idazzle about always trying to arrive and leave with a partner.

Is there anyone who can look at police reports and determine the crash location. I agree with a previous post above....things fly off in spils and it is very likely that his wallet and phone are in the area. If we have a location, 15-20 motivated fellow riders could scour the area and find anything.
Go-Pro: If he was on his way home, it would be unlikely that he would be filiming but finding the camera may provide a hint as to what happened.

I would also be interested in the condition of the bike. It may offer some clue as to what happened.

Terrible news and his family must be devastated.
If we do get the location of the accident, I too volunteer to search.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #289
SLiMSiNNER
Jones

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
RIP to the rider.

Its a reminder to us all that our favorite entertainment is inherently dangerous.
I agree with Idazzle about always trying to arrive and leave with a partner.

Is there anyone who can look at police reports and determine the crash location. I agree with a previous post above....things fly off in spils and it is very likely that his wallet and phone are in the area. If we have a location, 15-20 motivated fellow riders could scour the area and find anything.
Go-Pro: If he was on his way home, it would be unlikely that he would be filiming but finding the camera may provide a hint as to what happened.

I would also be interested in the condition of the bike. It may offer some clue as to what happened.

Terrible news and his family must be devastated.
If we do get the location of the accident, I too volunteer to search.

Ive Been trying to find something about it online but havent come across anything yet

We Can't All Be Saints ..
Old 04-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #290
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halen View Post
Reading about what happened yesterday is truly sad. My deepest condolences to the family and friends. May the rider RIP.

I swept the 2nd group and we were going at or below the speed limit during the majority of the time. After hitting the gas station as I was rolling out I saw 3 police cars waiting for us (I counted a total of 7 police cars on the route). I turned around to warn the 3rd group so that they knew what was up ahead. When we left I swept the 3rd group and there was no sign of problems on the road. Since I was the last rider to come through RR, if someone would have gone done I'd have seen them.

It's clear that this was an organized effort from the local police force and the state troopers.
Lots of things just dont add up..... I rode with Mark Saturday morning and when we went to the gas station i saw him pull out his wallet to find his credit card for the gas pump, also saw him take pics with his phone, so obviously he was carrying both in his pockets secured by a zipper i suppose.

The time and place also dont add up, the police say they found him in brookshire at 2pm, problem with this is that most people went home around noon and a few of us went riding for another 45 mins and came back to RR and made 1 run at psl and didnt see a single sportbike or any accidents/ downed rider on the side of the road. From the HEB gas station to the Exxon station on i10 there are only a few farm roads that have a few low speed turns that could get inexperienced riders in trouble if they go too fast through them but that is not our case, we were all going pretty slow through that section of our route and when we got to the major intersection, we stopped and i put my kickstand down and got off my bike to communicate with Halen who was the sweeper of the group to see if everyone made it through there alright. After that we went north and most of the roads are straight until we get to Fulshear or RR south..... If anything happened, this would be the place! But again, the time that we hit this road was around 10:30 am and we had group 2 and group 3 go through it (40+ riders) and nobody saw anyone go down or bikes in the ditch. The other info we have is that a few remember that Mark wasnt at the Exxon station meaning that he never even rode RR north (Brookshire) so why was he found in Brookshire according to the police? So many things just dont add up.... I cant imagine how his family is feeling right now and i only hope that they at least get to find out what exactly happened to Mark and get some sort of closure.

Last edited by sunday_rider; 04-08-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #291
SLiMSiNNER
Jones

Bike(s):
GSXR 750

Quote:
Lots of things just dont add up..... I rode with Mark Saturday morning and when we went to the gas station i saw him pull out his wallet to find his credit card for the gas pump, also saw him take pics with his phone, so obviously he was carrying both in his pockets secured by a zipper i suppose.

The time and place also dont add up, the police say they found him in brookshire at 2pm, problem with this is that most people went home around noon and a few of us went riding for another 45 mins and came back to RR and made 1 run at psl and didnt see a single sportbike or any accidents/ downed rider on the side of the road. From the HEB gas station to the Exxon station on i10 there are only a few farm roads that have a few low speed turns that could get inexperienced riders in trouble if they go too fast through them but that is not our case, we were all going pretty slow through that section of our route and when we got to the major intersection, we stopped and i put my kickstand down and got off my bike to communicate with Halen who was the sweeper of the group to see if everyone made it through there alright. After that we went north and most of the roads are straight until we get to Fulshear or RR south..... If anything happened, this would be the place! But again, the time that we hit this road was around 10:30 am and we had group 2 and group 3 go through it (40+ riders) and nobody saw anyone go down or bikes in the ditch. The other info we have is that a few remember that Mark wasnt at the Exxon station meaning that he never even rode RR north (Brookshire) so why was he found in Brookshire according to the police? So many things just dont add up.... I cant imagine how his family is feeling right now and i only hope that they at least they can find out what exactly happened to Mark and get some sort of closure.
it was definetly after the point when you put ur kickstand down and got off your bike because i was right next to him at that point but after that there was a point where i wasnt going as fast as those in front of me when we were going thru straight aways with a few curves, mark was either the rider right ahead of me or 2 ahead of me but i was far behind and didnt see the rider ahead of me when we were taking these turns .. didnt see nothing on the roadside at all but he was definetly not at the exxon where we met group 1 because i took a video of all the bikes that were there and his was not there .. it mustve happened on the road before the exxon but i still dnt understand how me or the rest of group 2 and 3 behind me didnt see anything, where could he go down where he and his bike would be hidden from passing riders ?

Old 04-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #292
cychotic
Banned

User is banned

Last edited by cychotic; 04-08-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #293
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiMSiNNER View Post
it was definetly after the point when you put ur kickstand down and got off your bike because i was right next to him at that point but after that there was a point where i wasnt going as fast as those in front of me when we were going thru straight aways with a few curves, mark was either the rider right ahead of me or 2 ahead of me but i was far behind and didnt see the rider ahead of me when we were taking these turns .. didnt see nothing on the roadside at all but he was definetly not at the exxon where we met group 1 because i took a video of all the bikes that were there and his was not there .. it mustve happened on the road before the exxon but i still dnt understand how me or the rest of group 2 and 3 behind me didnt see anything, where could he go down where he and his bike would be hidden from passing riders ?
Yes i agree with you, if anything happened, it should be right before the Exxon gas station because we did pick up the speed a bit for those 4-5 turns, but if anyone went down chances are the people behind would see a big cloud of dust and broken plastics on either side of the road.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #294
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cychotic View Post
Wow, this is insane. What a sad news. And I feel sick that someone would actually take his personal items.

Anyways, I texted someone on craigslist yesterday about buying SV650 clip ons. http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/3727990851.html

He text back and said he was riding. He never got back to me. I text this morning, and still no answer. I hope this is not just a coincident. But this is a log of my text:

Yesterday:

Me: Hi, I want to buy those sv650s clip ons. I am near Sugar Land area. Can you meet anytime today? 10:03 AM
+183*****973: I'm actually riding right now but we can meet tonight. 10:18 AM
Me: Ok, no problem. Send me a text. 10:19 AM
+183*****973: Ok cool 10:20 AM

Today:

Me: Hey can you meet today for the clip ons? 8:42 AM

Not sure if this is significant. But I hope it brings it closer to a solved case.
Wow if that was Mark then it shows that he must have made a stop in the middle of the ride to reply to your text, looking at the times it will put him in Fulshear because i remember getting to Exxon at 10:30am so he texted you back at 10:20am putting him back just 10 mins before Exxon.

Last edited by sunday_rider; 04-08-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #295
dunerider9
Trevor

Bike(s):
CB1000R

I was between Slimsinner and Mark. I remember because I was going to comment on his exhaust. I remember him when we got off 99 and some after but he was not at the Exxon off 10. There were times around the twisties and straights that frank mentioned I could not see the riders in front of me either. Must've been then he seperated from the group. I did not see any signs of a rider down. RIP

Last edited by dunerider9; 04-08-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #296
SLiMSiNNER
Jones

Bike(s):
GSXR 750

Quote:
Wow if that was Mark then it shows that he must have made a stop in the middle of the ride to reply to your text, looking at the times it will put in Fulshear because i remember getting to Exxon at 10:30am so he texted you back at 10:20am putting him back just 10 mins before Exxon.
I Send My Mom A Text With A Thumbs up at every stop we make so that she knows im ok .. i sent her a text at exactly 10:18 When we made it to the exxon

Old 04-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #297
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiMSiNNER View Post
I Send My Mom A Text With A Thumbs up at every stop we make so that she knows im ok .. i sent her a text at exactly 10:18 When we made it to the exxon
Good that you have an exact time of events! So that means that we all made it to Exxon at 10:18am and Mark was still alive but not with us, maybe on the side of the road replying to a text msg at 10:20am?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #298
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

man this is so crazy! RIP

reason why I never go to rides solo
Old 04-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #299
SLiMSiNNER
Jones

Bike(s):
GSXR 750

Quote:
Good that you have an exact time of events! So that means that we all made it to Exxon at 10:18am and Mark was still alive but not with us, maybe on the side of the road replying to a text msg at 10:20am?
False Alarm That Was Not Mark Texting Him

Old 04-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #300
cychotic
Banned

User is banned

Closed Thread

Advertisement