MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

CBR 250R Protection

Does anyone know if they make a stunt cage? I found a few sliders...wonder if someone can point me in a direction or website. Looking to DROP PROOF this bike for my GF.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CBR 250r Front Sprocket Change Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 09-16-2014 09:50 AM
CBR 250r chain Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 06-26-2014 11:32 AM
Winter protection Kawafasty General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 12-27-2012 04:50 PM
How much protection does this provide? Perf_White_GT General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 08-02-2010 12:45 PM
Tattoo Protection cashtown Gear Talk 40 03-26-2007 09:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
Slovy
BRAWP Racing

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600rr

Oh man that's actually a awesome idea!

Uhmm look up sick innoventions, or like 910 cages I'm sure try can work something out
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
AYEELE
Yeah i can get it up

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
08 1000rr
silver 04 r6(stunt)
Black 03 600rr(sold)
White and pink 06 r6

check the stuntfactory.com
Old 04-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #4
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

You'd have to go custom. No one currently makes them.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #5
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

If she needs a cage because she is dropping it that hard I am sure she would just give up riding and not want to get back on. I would just get the best sliders you could find and maybe some folding levers. Seems excessive when people put on cages for protection while just riding.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #6
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Shawn secretly wants to stunt the 2fiddy

+1 to what John said ^ And Get case savers too...best you can do without getting a cage

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #7
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABRIEL View Post
If she needs a cage because she is dropping it that hard I am sure she would just give up riding and not want to get back on. I would just get the best sliders you could find and maybe some folding levers. Seems excessive when people put on cages for protection while just riding.
I dropped my bike ALL the time when I first started riding (if I had to guess, I would say 20+). Mostly it was due to the fact that my feet didn't always touch the ground; maybe I was in a hole, uneven road, ditch, curb, or on a slick spot, then - BAM - bike would fall. I wasn't strong enough to hold it up once it started going over.

My frame sliders always protected from most damage, although I did have custom curled levers. The biggest difference, though, is that my bike is naked and I didn't damage plastics with every drop. Needless to say, I learned REALLY quick how to pick it up and get back on and ride off before too many noticed.

That being said, I think a cage isn't a bad idea if she's short and just has to get used to putting her feet down on solid ground. As long as it doesn't take away from the looks of the bike, I say do it.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #8
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Guess coming from stunt riding it is dumb to me to see people with cages that never ride wheelies. Some cages get in the way and some will do more damage than good. Some designs will damage the frame and thus do more damage then good. Like Gary said. good sliders, bar ends, and folding levers. I tend to run my levers just loose enough that they would rotate on the bar but not move under normal riding. Engine cases too but with tthe 250's the engine is tucked and out of the way. I also drill a hole in the levers so that they are further weakened at a spot that i am left with enough lever to keep riding. Buy a folding shift lever.

Your gf dropping it would be just that. Like a loss of balance or footing and a fall from a stand still. It is your bike and you will do what you want any way.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement