Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9-12 months

07 Yamaha R6
04 GSXR 750 - sold

trackside motorcycle carrier

has anyone used a motorcycle trackside carrier for your sport bike? I live in an apartment so a trailer has been a concern for me because of storage, cycle gear has a promo on this for $89.99. The load capacity is 500lbs and according to online #'s my 07 R6 weighs about 420 lbs. I was wondering if there any pros or cons based on user experience with this type of product. Thanks for the input

The Trackside Motorcycle Carrier is an excellent way to carry your motorcycle on the back of a motorhome, SUV, or pick-up truck with a tonneau cover or camper shell. More convenient, simpler to use, and easier to store compared to a motorcycle trailer.
500lbs. maximum load rating.
For use with a Class III or Class IV trailer hitch only.
Never exceed towing vehicles tongue weight ratings or load ratings.

Features and Benefits
For use with a Class III or Class IV trailer hitch only
Includes anti-tilt device to help eliminate excessive movement of the motorcycle carrier inside trailer hitch
Supplied ramp attaches to carrier for transportation and storage
Powder coated steel construction
Front tire placement can be adjusted by moving the wheel track carrier bolts
Can be loaded or unloaded from either side
500 lbs maximum load rating
Maximum tire width: 4.75 inches
MUST USE a minimum of four tie downs and two wheel straps
Attached Images
hoss1158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
motorcycle carrier on a two hitch albertinhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 03-01-2013 05:52 PM
motorcycle carrier crzy88 General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 11-22-2011 01:34 AM
Trackside motorcycle stands jakeg General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 08-31-2011 03:46 PM
motorcycle carrier FastLife1K General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 02-16-2009 11:49 PM
Old 03-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Feedback Rating: (1)

I've got a few thousand miles on my hitch carrier, taking 600 cc sports bikes to and from the track. Not the trackside model but similar. Make sure you get a wobble hitch to take up the slack in the Reese hitch, there's a guy in austin sells good ones for $30.

I've always attached mine to the back of a pickup since they stick out a lot and the weight/leverage would probably overload the rear suspension of smaller SUVs.

Check the ball weight/ hitch down weight capacity of your vehicle before you attach the bike, this is different from the towing capacity. The hitch capacity of my 4wd truck is 500 lbs as an example. The towing capacity is much higher.

Also I use lots of straps and strap the bike to the truck as well as the rack. This makes it very stable.

Getting the bike on and off is a one person job though the ramp is pretty short and the belly pan sometimes scrapes the apex at the top of the ramp. I usually try to find a piece of sloped ground to load/ unload the bike.

Finally, watch out for obscuring your lights and reg plate. Cops don't like it.
Scozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

I considered those a little while back but just ended up throwing in the extra money and got a used good trailer for about 280. but you can find trailers on harbor freight , northern tools. harbor freight has some good base ones you can add like a wooden floor and you'll be squared away
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
Feedback Rating: (1)

Here's my old Triumph D600 track bike attached to my little diesel Frontier in Australia. Max tongue weight of frontier was 250 kg (~500lbs) from memory. It worked well and left the tray of the truck for generator, gear etc. Note the straps leading to the front of the truck tray, added a lot of stability.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike Rack.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	66815  
Scozzy is offline   Reply With Quote