MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
ciaka

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
In between bikes

Astak CM-7500 Camera Package

This is the latest version of this camera, competing with the highest version of the GOPro 3 camera.
Got it on amazon, including free shipping. Surprisingly it included an SD card (8GB), although it was class 4, was better than nothing.
So for those who are interested in other options than the GoPro, here are a couple pics (not taken with the cam though). If I have time I may do something like that, for now, just showing contents of the package.

Notice the two main pads seem much larger than the GoPro for more stability of the cam.
A nice addition is a remote control with which you can snap a shot, turn cam on, start recording or stop recording. Large buttons conducive to moto riding.
Rear LCD display is also nice.
Also, there are two mini harnesses included (to secure the mounts to the base in case they come unscrewed. Nice little touch. The instruction manual seemed to be written in proper English as well, which these days is a premium proposition. You no longer have to translate from Spanglish of Chinglish. All in the native English mode right off the get go.

Specs:
• 170 degree ultra wide-angle lens
• Supports 1080P HD video recording
• Automatic photo shooting at 2,3,5,10,20,30, and 60 seconds
• Built-in LCD screen: real-time display and video playback
• Waterproof housing (waterproof up to 197' / 60 meters)
• Rechargeable lithium battery
• Four video recording modes available for your selection: 1080P 30fps, 720P 60fps, or WVGA 60fps
• Supports SD card up to 32GB
• Remote control offers hands-free start/stop video recording and photo shooting
• Built-in Microphone
• Four photo shooting modes available: single shot, triple shot, continuous shooting and self timer
• HDMI out and AV out
• Wide selection of sports accessories
• Battery recording time: up to 1.5 hours
• Operating Temp.: 122 degrees F
• Battery charging time: approx. 4 hours (with included battery charger)
• Dimensions: 2.38" x 1.5" x 1.75"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130327_195931.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	66657   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130327_195943.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	66658  
ciaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ActionPro3 CM-7500 here we come ciaka General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 05-09-2013 12:42 AM
Astak ActionPro 5MP 1080p HD $140 Sports Action Waterproof Digital Camera/Camcorder myla296 General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 01-26-2013 01:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
Truckin_Thumper

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

$25, I'll take it
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
malikye

ciaka,

i am interested in this camera. the big advantage of the CM-7500 over the CM-7200 is that the waterproof housing allows you to turn the camera on and off. with the CM-7200, you'll have to turn on the camera before putting it in the case.

how are the video quality? this camera is fairly new, so i haven't seen any videos on youtube yet. can you post some sample videos?

Thanks!
malikye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Schmidie
d(^v^)b

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Kawi ZX6R (Hybernating)

Member Garage

price?
Old 04-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

How is this is any way competing with a Hero3 Black?

White and Silver, maybe.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
malikye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidie View Post
price?
i saw it on Amazon for $245...

I also saw it on ebay for $200 - new and from a reputable seller...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300889141871...84.m1423.l2649

i would like to read some reviews and see some sample videos before i pull the trigger. there are plenty of reviews for the CM-7200 already, but this is the newer model: CM-7500.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #7
malikye

I received mine in the mail today - i ordered it from the ebay link above for $200.

It's made of plastic and it feels cheap. I'm not sure how GoPro compares to the overall feel. I haven't really tested it yet, just shot around the house. I'll go out and shoot with it this weekend.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:11 AM   #8
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Gopro cheaper and better

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #9
ciaka

Bike(s):
In between bikes

I had all gopros and this feels same, even looks same (aside of top line gopro 3).
Best price I found so far was $180 including ship.

- Pics looked great in 8Mpx mode, same in 5Mpx, 3Pmx too.
- Same with video (and I could zoom in/out video too) - in 1080p @30fps, comparing to gopro 3 black with 1080p @60fps. Not saying there is no difference but you will not notice on bike riding around track/street. Shooing scenery/may have advantage with gopro3 but more than adequate for my uses.
- Has display on rear for instant preview/playback/etc.
- Does not have wifi for stuff gopro says their black version can do, user specific though - will not be able to sync to your iPad/tablet to view vid/pics. I mostly take vid/pics and xfer to PC after for other stuff, never 'preview' etc. so wifi ability is useless to me.
- As far as overall quality, I found this same as gopro 3.
- Comparing to Gopro 3 Black, pic res of 12Mpx, CM7500 is less, but can you really tell especially if putting on a bike and riding? Not. Taking hi res pics? Get a real camera.
- Has remote control to start video, stop video, take photo.
- Has separate button on chassis to power unit off.
- Unit has option to auto power off after several different time periods...user set.
- gopro3 black has nicer remote with LCD (which is apparent in price of unit too).
- gopro 3 black has input for external mic. CM7500 does not. I would never use it anyway, user specific too.
- CM7500 SD support up to 32G (I have 64G plugged in but detects 32G so it works with larger but only detects 32 due to addressability (tech stuff)
- GoPro 3 Black supports up to 64G
- 32G will give you about 4Hrs of shooting vid from what I remember, so 64G is way overkill since batt will only last for less than 2 hrs on both - both have LiIon batt

- CM7500 price: ~$180 online
- GoPro 3 Black price: ~$370 online

I say this is def a great completition to gopro3. Don't have to pay almost twice and it gets you within 95% of capability.
Posted this as fyi, you are all adults here right? Can make up your mind on what you want or not, right?

Last edited by ciaka; 05-09-2013 at 04:48 PM.
ciaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #10
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Contour cameras, better than GoPro's in my experience.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #11
malikye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
Gopro cheaper and better
you'll have to pay an extra $80 for the lcd screen.

Advertisement