MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #61
cinco de mayo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01 02 gsxr 1k 04 750

SORRY

SORRY ABOUT THAT "Jon Eric DUMMY "
cinco de mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ty Howard School and Race Licensing - TWS (Texas World Speedway) diggler Ridesmart Motorcycle School 3 05-05-2010 06:45 PM
Ty Howard Race School - ANNOUNCEMENT Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 3 09-04-2009 01:11 AM
Ty Howard Race School @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) diggler Ridesmart Motorcycle School 0 05-08-2009 12:07 PM
Ridesmart Ty Howard School Swift E General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 09-14-2006 11:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2007, 02:14 PM   #62
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEric0430
Its Jon Eric DUMMY.

No ego issue here buddy but I am itching for this TMGP to start so I can see waht I can do.
I am just giving you a hard time. I guess that is the theme for the day. Can't wait for TMGP to kick off as well.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #63
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
The problem is... Practice does not always make perfect. If you are practicing bad technique you will hurt your self in the long run. What Cinco will achieve at this point (which he is at the perfect place in his track riding career) is profesional critique from the fastest guy in the CMRA. This will ground the good technique in him for developing the perfect practice. It is hard to beat the $50 price tag for that. Not to mention, you now have a personal relationship with Ty Howard. Walking over to him and asking a few questions here and there will not be a big deal anymore. You know him, he knows you and so the story goes on.
Good point, BUT..... at this point Cinco has been riding several years, he may have some bad habits or bad technique that trying to change MAY cause more problems then they solve? In watching some of the races it certainly seems like everyone does it a little differently.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #64
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
I am just giving you a hard time. I guess that is the theme for the day. Can't wait for TMGP to kick off as well.
I know I know.

We just need to get some practice in like you guys. We have been blowing it all off and not knowing where to start with all of our .
Old 03-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #65
cinco de mayo

Bike(s):
01 02 gsxr 1k 04 750

BLEND

I CANT CHANGE SOME OF MY BAD HABITS WHILE RIDING BUT BUT BUT I AM REALY WANTING TO BLEND ALL MY BADS WITH ALOT OF GREAT SKILLS . THEN PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE UNTIL I GET MY OWN STYLE DOWN .
Old 03-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #66
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEric0430
I am nice. Clydo got smokin fast.
I'm not fast, but I'm faster than I was 6-7 track days ago. I think I've done probably 250 laps at MSRH now, and another 75-80 at TWS (Texas World Speedway). I may be dumb but I should have learned a little something after all that:laughing6
Old 03-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #67
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #68
cinco de mayo

Bike(s):
01 02 gsxr 1k 04 750

FASTER

ARE U FASTER THAN jON ERIC NOW ???
Old 03-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #69
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
Good point, BUT..... at this point Cinco has been riding several years, he may have some bad habits or bad technique that trying to change MAY cause more problems then they solve? In watching some of the races it certainly seems like everyone does it a little differently.
Hopefully he is receptive to the faster guys input. Otherwise, it was a waste of money.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:32 PM   #70
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinco de mayo
ARE U FASTER THAN jON ERIC NOW ???
He smoked me last time out at MSR. I still have a long way to go. I have only dont 2 TD and that is all. I will get some more seat time under my belt. Dont worry.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:31 PM   #71
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

I guess I'm all messed up cuz I have two schools lined up in the next few weeks. Keith Code at Laguna, and Ed Bargy at No Problem raceway. I believe in proper training, same as I do my firearms training. I still take 1 -2 classes a year even though I'm a very proficient marksman. Practice only makes habit, Proper technique comes from proper training. My philosophy is take a lil something from everyone that you train under then use what works best for you.

I did TWS (Texas World Speedway) in Feb and did ok, but once I was shown proper body positioning at the LMS school my lean angles increased and I was more confident about increasing my corner speeds. Next up is equipment. My 01' R6 track bike feels so much better on the track than my '06 636. The penske shock and properly sprung and revalved forks made a night / day difference. The setup was done by me, I had my wife help me set front and rear sag and I adjusted rebound and preload at the house to get some baseline settings. I didn't touch compression until I got to the track and played with it until I was comfortable with everything.

Next up is measuring improvement. I need to buy a laptimer for that. I know that I'm improving but I cant quantify it at this point.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #72
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
I guess I'm all messed up cuz I have two schools lined up in the next few weeks. Keith Code at Laguna, and Ed Bargy at No Problem raceway. I believe in proper training, same as I do my firearms training. I still take 1 -2 classes a year even though I'm a very proficient marksman. Practice only makes habit, Proper technique comes from proper training. My philosophy is take a lil something from everyone that you train under then use what works best for you.

I did TWS (Texas World Speedway) in Feb and did ok, but once I was shown proper body positioning at the LMS school my lean angles increased and I was more confident about increasing my corner speeds. Next up is equipment. My 01' R6 track bike feels so much better on the track than my '06 636. The penske shock and properly sprung and revalved forks made a night / day difference. The setup was done by me, I had my wife help me set front and rear sag and I adjusted rebound and preload at the house to get some baseline settings. I didn't touch compression until I got to the track and played with it until I was comfortable with everything.

Next up is measuring improvement. I need to buy a laptimer for that. I know that I'm improving but I cant quantify it at this point.
I would stay away from lap timers for a while.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:56 PM   #73
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #74
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

so how do you gauge improvement?
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #75
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
laptimer :laughing6

laptimers are ok as long as you dont chase the times. thats easier said than done
Old 03-07-2007, 05:09 PM   #76
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
I usually make some rounds out there and see who I passed and get times from them. Otherwise you can have someone randomly time you when you are out. Then there is the lap timer. Used properly they are a great tool but, if you are new to the track leave them alone. I would say leave them alone for your first season. Work on everything but your lap times and you will be plenty fast.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:40 AM   #77
Moto-Ace.com

Bike(s):
01 GSXR 750, 99 GSXR 750, KTM 525 exc, Honda Cub (Pit Bike)

TY HOWARD ROCKS!!! Did y'all see his TIMES at Daytona!!!! and with those RideSmart leathers in the photo!!
Moto-Ace.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:45 AM   #78
sweeney1186

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
00 SV650 superbike
06 FJR 1300

Lap timers are a very usefull tool for improving riding if you have the basics down.Any advanced riding school will get those basics taken care of,then its just getting all of those things applied while putting in alot laps.
CMRA # 78, Team EDS #56 F2 Endurance
sweeney1186 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement