MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
SafetyLimiter

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage

Looking for mirrors

Trying to find some mirrors for my 03 gsxr 1000. One is seized and worthless and can't seem to find any decent ones other than stock look. I did find these on eBay,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310635890229...84.m1423.l2661

But I'm not wanting integrated turn signals. If I have to then fine but it is a last resort. Any suggestions where to find some with this type of design or something other than stock look. Oh and not really wanting bar end mirrors either.
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mirrors pooh73 General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 05-01-2014 03:57 PM
mirrors or no mirrors eklikewhoa Safety Corner Main 30 07-07-2013 10:47 AM
For those who have mirrors... vmaxgirl General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 10-10-2009 09:49 PM
Mirrors or NO mirrors dudewhrsmybike Off Topic 48 03-03-2009 03:36 PM
bar end mirrors? Any better than std mirrors? logan5 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 01-23-2008 01:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
r6racer
track

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

you dont like the basic black ones on ebay?
Old 03-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
chevy42083

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

I wouldn't suggest those one you linked.
We put them on my girls bike and they aren't the best.

Depending on the angle of the mounting surface, the mirror itself can be really awkward. On an SV650, they point up at a 45deg angle... which looks KIND of awkward, but doesn't give a good angle for viewing either as you can't get a wide enough area.
Part of the issue there is that they don't have much swivel in the mount... probably because cheap and trying to run wires through it also.

They vibrate more than stock (on an SV... don't know about other bikes).

The universal mount they come with is ugly as sin. The miiror CAN be shaved down a bit to fit into a stock mount... but shave too much and it'll snap... it IS a plastic stock with a metal rod partway through it.

Personally, I'd start looking at any factory mirrors (any brand/bike), and ask around to either try someones or buy a set of scratched ones for $0 and test fit.

Sidenote: I HAVE seen those mirrors on someones CBR, which has a pretty horizontal mounting surface... they used no mount, just ran a bolt through the mirror stock into the fairing... that would get rid of some of the issues. Maybe make it worth it.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
SafetyLimiter

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
you dont like the basic black ones on ebay?
I don't mind them just wanted something a little different than stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post
I wouldn't suggest those one you linked.
We put them on my girls bike and they aren't the best.

Depending on the angle of the mounting surface, the mirror itself can be really awkward. On an SV650, they point up at a 45deg angle... which looks KIND of awkward, but doesn't give a good angle for viewing either as you can't get a wide enough area.
Part of the issue there is that they don't have much swivel in the mount... probably because cheap and trying to run wires through it also.

They vibrate more than stock (on an SV... don't know about other bikes).

The universal mount they come with is ugly as sin. The miiror CAN be shaved down a bit to fit into a stock mount... but shave too much and it'll snap... it IS a plastic stock with a metal rod partway through it.

Personally, I'd start looking at any factory mirrors (any brand/bike), and ask around to either try someones or buy a set of scratched ones for $0 and test fit.

Sidenote: I HAVE seen those mirrors on someones CBR, which has a pretty horizontal mounting surface... they used no mount, just ran a bolt through the mirror stock into the fairing... that would get rid of some of the issues. Maybe make it worth it.
I appreciate the input and I don't think I really want to do much modifying especially since I put new plastics on the bike. I think my main intention was just to have something different and a little shorter length than stock. I really don't use the mirrors that much other than to lift my arm up from time to time to see what's behind. I'm more of a head turner and feel more comfortable seeing with my own eyes. They did have some other mirrors I found on eBay but I'm not to fond of the hollow shaft. Check them out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230945552055...84.m1423.l2649
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
SafetyLimiter

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage