Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

View Poll Results: Have you ever done a route?
Yes 23 27.71%
No, but might. 7 8.43%
No, never have never will. 6 7.23%
Yes, won't do again 8 9.64%
Yes, I do still. 12 14.46%
! 35 42.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #101
Hook 'em!
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
routes? gorillamonkey2 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 08-23-2012 04:59 PM
Routes! Take 2 Renzo General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 01-19-2012 02:50 AM
Routes Renzo General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 01-15-2012 10:13 PM
Routes BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 12-22-2006 06:33 PM
Old 03-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #102
Feedback Rating: (3)

rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Screw you guys I  m going home by h4X0ry0uL34
Toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #103
two fifty

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Ivan, you're going to jail on a sumo.

and yes, i want one too.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #104
Route Master Protege'

05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)

Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Yes and are tied.

We like to get a rush and we like !

Proud of you guys *tear*
Originally Posted by CCH View Post
Well, If you've scrubbed red clay out of your boots and got a haircut or two at Ranger Joe's on good old VD then I thank you for your service. Still, there's a difference between parachuting and skydiving, and it was skydiving that was mentioned in Cornerjukie's post.

Agreed and understood. I dont' dislike you at all. , I don't know you. you're probably a cool enough guy, as are most of the people that I've met from the board. I've spent a number of years around this stuff - most of it in North Georgia where we rode the Appalachians very frequently. I love Texas, but there's nothing around here that's even close to Blood Mountain, the Cherohala Skyway, Richard B Russel ETC.. I understand the concept of pushing it on public roads, but I also understand the pain of losing a friend.

If all of the infantile bluster and peacockesque displays of plumage are just for fun, then so be it. It's a fun read. Be careful in real life and have fun. If not, then it all comes off sounding like an adolescent cry for attention by people trying to convince themselves of their bravery and skill, but have yet to watch a friend bleed out and die post-crash from a femoral artery severed by an external compound fracture (J Johnson) -Or paralyzed by a vehicle that appeared out of nowhere (P Anziano) -Or run over by multiple vehicles after crashing (J Swinks) - Or having nowhere to go on a rural road when a deer runs out in front of you (K Schoenke) or lie in a ditch with T10 and T11 broken and wondering if he's paralyzed or not (me) or or or...

I don't hate any of you, and knows I've dragged enough knees and broken enough traffic laws in the mountains for one lifetime. I just have an issue when it seems that some don't seem to get how serious this all is, and I hope it doesn't have to take one of your best friends dying in front of you for it to sink in. I wish you all safe rides, and years of doing so.

- I also agree with Ivan that whomever the AE of the AE is this time is most likely not the same person that used to post as the Routemaster. There's a noticeable difference in verbiage, sentence structure, grammar and language. Perhaps he's like the Dread Pirate Roberts...
Not a bad poll, so now we can see who has BALLZ and WHO DOESN'T, you 's who dont need to take a nice deep cough and drop a BIGGER PAIR!!! Good Job Ivan

CCH, you ok with me man, I respect that..
CRM - H.O.R.Ms House of Route Masters

Cornerjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #105
BORC O.G!!!!!!
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

Originally Posted by Cornerjunkie View Post
Not a bad poll, so now we can see who has BALLZ and WHO DOESN'T, you 's who dont need to take a nice deep cough and drop a BIGGER PAIR!!! Good Job Ivan

CCH, you ok with me man, I respect that..
queenmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #106
Thumpitty thump

1997 DR 650
Pitster 150

1984 Suburban

I've strayed away from FM roads on the SV1K because they're too limiting. If I'm going to be on a fast bike I want lean angle and there just simple aren't enough hairpins between here and Austin to scrape knee at legal speeds. Also, there's traffic. I don't want it, and I don't need it, but it's there, in my way, and going fast around and thru it causes a scene and draws attention that I prefer to avoid. This is the same for street rides.

I used to do night rides a lot. I'd go out at about 11pm on a weeknight, purposely avoiding Wednesdays, and just cruise aroiund town to look at all the pretty lights. Houston roads are too bumpy and too dirty for me to want to pretend it's a track. But TWS (Texas World Speedway) is my fav track so far because it mimics the challenge of FM roads but eliminates the debris, spills, and traffic of public roads.

To keep a long story short, I've quit going fast on the public roads to save lean angle for the track. Because of this, I've bought a dualsport and commuting and night rides are so much more fun. Motards are where it's at. Low speed, high fun, and goofy crowds. It takes a special kind of person to enjoy riding motarted; most of us wear disposable padded helmets.
FoxRider is offline   Reply With Quote