MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
Summer glovin', happens so fast

I know, I know, there are multiple threads regarding gloves and my title is cheesy as .

Who has the most balanced glove out there regarding perforation/airflow and protection? I prefer a full gauntlet so that my wrists are covered (pun), but the more there is on the wrist, the less airflow they seem to have anywhere else. Some options I've been browsing through

Cortech Adrenaline II:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/c...line-ii-gloves

Held Agadir (currently my favourite, but seems lacking in wrist armour):
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/held-agadir-gloves

Held Air N Dry:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/h...r-n-dry-gloves

Alpinestars GP Pro (maybe too excessive for every day commuting...):
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...-gp-pro-gloves

Any and all opinions welcome. I know that, with Houston's humidity, nothing is going to be "cool" per se, but decent airflow, solid protection and maybe a few creature comforts are what I'm looking for.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
slow bikes fast...or fast bikes slow...Fun? lucydad General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 02-21-2013 09:04 AM
Riding on wet roads, how fast is too fast? Versatile337 Safety Corner Main 45 02-11-2011 11:32 AM
how fast is fast on 3090/forest sofa General Discussion (Moto Related) 130 12-20-2009 09:54 AM
I need a fast shop...fast! cascott01 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 09-16-2009 01:32 PM
I'M OUT (this summer) 04RSVR General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 01-03-2008 11:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

There is no real balance. I have a gauntlet style, perforated leather, armor-plated glove that works well enough. When it's hot, my hands sweat. When it's cold, my hands freeze.

In Houston heat you cannot win. Your best bet is to go with a glove that will best protect you in an accident.

All the gloves you have linked look similar and will provide the same level of protection and coolness. Good luck. Your best bet, though, is to go try on several pairs before you decide which ones to buy - they aren't cheap!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R

Member Garage

No kidding, I really like the feel of the Cortechs (thanks to 2 Wheel Toyz!) and their sizing was different from Dainese, which is what I'm used to. I'd rather just get opinions on everything in addition to my own experience to make an informed decision.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
Candace
KweenB

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Kawi ZX6R x2 (1 track/1 street)
09 Kawi ZX6R (RIP)
09 Kawi 250R SE (sold)
2008 Kawi ZZR 600 (sold)
2008 Kawi Ninja 500R (sold)

I have worn Cortech Adrenalines for a few years (not the II, those are the newer version, but very similar). I have replaced them a few times (just b/c they wear out over time from sweat/use), with the same. I have crashed 3 times, all 3 times in the Cortechs. They held together very well, and protected my hands. I wear them on the street and track, at all times, year-round.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candace View Post
I have crashed 3 times, all 3 times in the Cortechs. They held together very well, and protected my hands. I wear them on the street and track, at all times, year-round.
Sorry to hear about the wrecks but that's good to hear about the gloves. Thanks for the input!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
Candace
KweenB

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 Kawi ZX6R x2 (1 track/1 street)
09 Kawi ZX6R (RIP)
09 Kawi 250R SE (sold)
2008 Kawi ZZR 600 (sold)
2008 Kawi Ninja 500R (sold)

Well, they have been over the last 4 1/2 yrs of my riding. One low-side on the street, one not-so-nice one (totaled the bike) and another low-side both on the track. It's part of the game we play, I guess. I've been lucky I haven't been hurt, which I attribute to being fully geared with decent stuff each time. But yeah, the gloves have served me well.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #7
Rael
Communist Plant

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

http://www.spartanleathers.com/glove..._racing_gloves

These are a tad pricier than the gloves you linked up, but they are pretty amazing. The fit is more touring than sport and the fingers are very roomy compared to other gloves. Combine that with good ventilation between the fingers and on the palm and you get a very comfortable summer glove. There is actually enough room to sweat without immediately soaking the leather, so the roominess around the fingers works with the airflow to create a really nice wicking effect.
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
Itchyness
The Itchy One

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2013 Honda CBR250RAD

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CEgQrQMwDg

Not really a "motorcycle glove", but this is what I use. Got these free when I was still in the army. Very nice leather protection on the palms/bottom of fingers and has some cloth on the backhand for ventilation. The knuckles are extremely sturdy also. Used mine through a deployment to Iraq and still in good condition to be used for riding.
Itchyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #9
Slovy
BRAWP Racing

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchyness View Post
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CEgQrQMwDg

Not really a "motorcycle glove", but this is what I use. Got these free when I was still in the army. Very nice leather protection on the palms/bottom of fingers and has some cloth on the backhand for ventilation. The knuckles are extremely sturdy also. Used mine through a deployment to Iraq and still in good condition to be used for riding.

Your gonna be hurtin if you crash in
Them.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
Chuckster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Look into the A-stars GP Plus. They're a little less track focused than the Pro but still offer similar protection for a little less coin.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #11
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael View Post
http://www.spartanleathers.com/glove..._racing_gloves

These are a tad pricier than the gloves you linked up, but they are pretty amazing. The fit is more touring than sport and the fingers are very roomy compared to other gloves. Combine that with good ventilation between the fingers and on the palm and you get a very comfortable summer glove. There is actually enough room to sweat without immediately soaking the leather, so the roominess around the fingers works with the airflow to create a really nice wicking effect.
Those look pretty badass, but I'd be hesitant to order anything I couldn't try on first, if only for sizing issues.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #12
Rael
Communist Plant

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

The finger fit is similar in length to Alpinestars, but the fingers are wider. I fit in a size large glove in both. The difference in fit is probably all in the stitching. The Alpinestars have internal stitches while the Spartan have a mix of internal and external.

Also, no matter which gloves you go with, kangaroo leather is the best leather.
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement