MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #1
Mfwic

Feedback Rating: (0)

Better lap times and going pro

Yo what's up fox! Well here's my little fairy tale dream (sorta)... I fix and sell bikes for living even though i live with my parents it helps me take care of my self lol but none of that money really goes to my saving because i end up blowing it away at the go kart track every weekend, can't spend it building a track bike or road bike because i don't own one and i can't have one even if i wanted too. My parents worry too much so we agreed that i could fix and sell but never ride. - This is just a little background about me i guess.... but my question is... What if i was to build a little track bike take it on the track and record my laptimes and what if those laptimes were beyond exceptional? what if they broke records for that track, would one get recognition? Chances of me doing this is close to 0 but wouldn't hurt to ask huh... But im just curious lol...
Mfwic is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GSS Lap Times cdill35 Taking it to the Track 66 03-03-2009 02:51 PM
MSR-Cresson Lap Times - Track Day Times cdill35 Taking it to the Track 28 11-11-2008 04:30 PM
ECR lap times rc51eviltwin Taking it to the Track 3 07-28-2008 03:27 PM
GSS-Lap Times? Jerran V Taking it to the Track 12 05-27-2008 04:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

what are you like 16? but yeah people will be like dayum essaaayyyy u so fast. and then you can jump into cmra races and start getting sponsers and bam next thing you know rossi is trying to chase you dwon the track. good luck. remember me when you make it big and buy me a Hp4 asap.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #3
Mfwic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
what are you like 16? but yeah people will be like dayum essaaayyyy u so fast. and then you can jump into cmra races and start getting sponsers and bam next thing you know rossi is trying to chase you dwon the track. good luck. remember me when you make it big and buy me a Hp4 asap.
I was kinda hopping for a more serious respose but oh well... I'm 21 just don't like upsetting my parents by doing something they don't approve off. Thx anyway
Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #4
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfwic View Post
I was kinda hopping for a more serious respose but oh well... I'm 21 just don't like upsetting my parents by doing something they don't approve off. Thx anyway
Well I was serious in a way, start breaking records, start doing races, sponsers will notice you, you'll get a lot of recognition if youre running around breaking track records, but it will take a lot of time for you to get to that level since it sounds like you dont even really ride yet.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #5
greaselightnin

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
03 gsxr 600(stolen)
honda xr 100 (sold)
07 cbr 1000

Member Garage

Ur a grown man whether u live with ur parents or not.just sayin. Im sure you would be recognized tho and at least offered to come back or follow your intended purpose if u were that fast. But you would still be in the same position wouldnt u? Not hatin or nothin..I say follow ur dreams tho. If I was that fast u bet ur noone would tell me I couldnt race.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #6
Mfwic

Quote:
Well I was serious in a way, start breaking records, start doing races, sponsers will notice you, you'll get a lot of recognition if youre running around breaking track records, but it will take a lot of time for you to get to that level since it sounds like you dont even really ride yet.
I've been riding for almost 3 years before my parents found out lol... owned 11 bikes dragged knee (scrapped knee) first time I rode at awesome cycles... I have this thing for breaking point which helped me win races at go kart tracks I guess ... I've been slightly better at racing in general than many other things... that's why I'm thinking maybe I might be able to do something at the race track... idk something like that...
Old 03-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #7
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

Im also 21, my parents hate the idea of me having a bike but i paid for it, i pay for school, car is paid off which i did, pay for all track expenses, food, bills, insurance, everything so you being 21 shouldnt be an excuse for you not being able to do what you love.. because i do what i love and im the same age.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:46 AM   #8
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

do every track day possible then. you'll get somewhere then.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:52 AM   #9
Mfwic

Quote:
Im also 21, my parents hate the idea of me having a bike but i paid for it, i pay for school, car is paid off which i did, pay for all track expenses, food, bills, insurance, everything so you being 21 shouldnt be an excuse for you not being able to do what you love.. because i do what i love and im the same age.
I feel u... when u have forigner parents ehhh stuff gets a little complicated but yeah bro I plan to build me a nice little track bike and see what I can do... thx tho and ur right about being a man ... its about time I fking grow up and leave the garage...
Old 03-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #10
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

probably, my parents understand i can make my own decisions and i'll be held responsible for whatever happens. my parents are foreign too.. totally different culture, they flip if they hear i had a drink, or if someone tells them they saw me with a girl, stupid stuff like that.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #11
Mfwic

Quote:
probably, my parents understand i can make my own decisions and i'll be held responsible for whatever happens. my parents are foreign too.. totally different culture, they flip if they hear i had a drink, or if someone tells them they saw me with a girl, stupid stuff like that.
U seem like u understand exactly where I'm coming from.... but u sir have big ballz to do what u do...
Old 03-20-2013, 01:19 AM   #12
Get Some!

Feedback Rating: (1)

If you're pretty good at racing go karts, I would bet you'd be pretty good at racing bikes. Just make sure you have a lot of cash to back you up.
103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #13
greaselightnin

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
03 gsxr 600(stolen)
honda xr 100 (sold)
07 cbr 1000

Member Garage

Whered you learn to build bikes? I wana go to a motorcycle mech. School but I make too much to just jump ship and ruin a good thing.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:47 AM   #14
Fastola
Banned

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 CBR6er-street

User is banned

Fastola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #15
plummer
dude

Bike(s):
k8 600
k13 600

this is everyone's dream. See you at the track.
plummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #16
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

as long as you live in your parents house and they foot the bill, then you are obligated to follow their wishes, no matter how old you are. Others may give advice to the contrary, but currently you are doing the right thing...
when you carry your own weight, then you can make your own rules...your are getting a little long in the tooth to have much of a big time racing future.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:06 AM   #17
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Not to be one to dash your dreams, but most of the pros started racing before they were 10 years old. That being said, if you could break track records racing in the CMRA, you'd get some notice. Doing so at a trackday, maybe not.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #18
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Better lap times and going pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
as long as you live in your parents house and they foot the bill, then you are obligated to follow their wishes, no matter how old you are. Others may give advice to the contrary, but currently you are doing the right thing...
when you carry your own weight, then you can make your own rules...your are getting a little long in the tooth to have much of a big time racing future.
Yup obed is correct.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #19
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Someone trolling....
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #20
Mfwic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaselightnin View Post
Whered you learn to build bikes? I wana go to a motorcycle mech. School but I make too much to just jump ship and ruin a good thing.
I taught my self, the mind is a beautiful thing man there isn't a thing i can't teach my self thanks to the World Wide Web