MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2005, 01:25 AM   #21
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Re: Knee in the seat

umm I have yet to meet this BeckyH chick either
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Knee Surgery??? S_M_J82 Off Topic 20 07-22-2011 12:38 AM
knee down cbrwayne General Discussion (Moto Related) 515 04-06-2011 05:47 PM
So I got a knee down Versatile337 General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 05-03-2010 01:27 PM
Knee Pads? USMC083 Gear Talk 11 02-10-2010 05:34 PM
Knee Braces Navajib Safety Corner Main 18 07-01-2009 02:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2005, 05:11 AM   #22
badman
Banned

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 GSXR 750 ALL BLACK BABY

User is banned

badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 01:49 PM   #23
st3ph3n

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
umm* I have yet to meet this BeckyH chick either

liezzzzzz

i learned to do stoppies*
They look fuh but my luck is I'll flip over the handlebars.
st3ph3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 02:09 PM   #24
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Send a message via AIM to TooBuku

I need to learn stoppies from these SE ppl.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:13 PM   #25
Din

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3ph3n
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
umm* I have yet to meet this BeckyH chick either

liezzzzzz

i learned to do stoppies*
wheelies or stoppies. either way you could flip over.

They look fuh but my luck is I'll flip over the handlebars.
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 07:17 PM   #26
st3ph3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din

true but i dont have the slightest clue how to do a stoppie.* wheelies are pretty basic but not easy IMO. My luck I'll hit the front brakes to hard and flip.
st3ph3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 07:20 PM   #27
Din

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

word be safe
Old 08-01-2005, 03:10 PM   #28
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Din

true but i dont have the slightest clue how to do a stoppie.* wheelies are pretty basic but not easy IMO.* My luck I'll hit the front brakes to hard and flip.
Trick is not to hit the front brakes but to squeeze them until the rear comes up to a desired height. If you hit them you will end up flipping.... stoppies are about smooth brake operation. Keep your knees locked on the tank to or you will have some sore . Over and Out. right:

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:23 PM   #29
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Send a message via AIM to TooBuku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Din

true but i dont have the slightest clue how to do a stoppie. wheelies are pretty basic but not easy IMO. My luck I'll hit the front brakes to hard and flip.
Trick is not to hit the front brakes but to squeeze them until the rear comes up to a desired height. If you hit them you will end up flipping.... stoppies are about smooth brake operation. Keep your knees locked on the tank to or you will have some sore . Over and Out. right:
Can we get some pics of you showing us the correct technique?
Old 08-01-2005, 03:27 PM   #30
Din

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Din

true but i dont have the slightest clue how to do a stoppie.* wheelies are pretty basic but not easy IMO.* My luck I'll hit the front brakes to hard and flip.
Trick is not to hit the front brakes but to squeeze them until the rear comes up to a desired height. If you hit them you will end up flipping.... stoppies are about smooth brake operation. Keep your knees locked on the tank to or you will have some sore . Over and Out.* right:

i usually roll into the stoppie at about 50mph slowly pull the front brake till the forks compress then pull the brake a lil harder till the rear comes up. The harder i pull after teh forks are compressed the higher it gets.
Im not that good though still learning.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #31
Stone_618

Bike(s):
'03 ZX6R 636

Send a message via AIM to Stone_618 Send a message via MSN to Stone_618

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBuku
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Din

true but i dont have the slightest clue how to do a stoppie. wheelies are pretty basic but not easy IMO. My luck I'll hit the front brakes to hard and flip.
Can we get some pics of you showing us the correct technique?

i fucken LOVE stoppies!!!! It was the first trick i learned when i got my bike. took me about three tries before i got the back up. i started out very small. going about 20mph., lockin my knees into the tank, compress the fork with the brakes, then pop the brakes little harder to bring the back up. you can do it at first without picking your off the seat. this is good to do till you get comfortable with the whole stoppie concept. Once you get a little comfortable with 'em, you can pick your off the seat a little and this will really help bring the back up faster and easier, so be ready for it. Stoppies are relatively easy and somewhat safe cuase your usually not going that fast(as opposed to a wheelie). Also, don't forget about your pads and rotors. You want to know whether you brakes are hot or cold becuase they act differently. I try to warm them up first. They'll warm up after a few stops. I wouldn't recommend going over 30mph till you got a really good grip on stoppies, but thats just IMO.

Some things to watch out for. Make sure you COMPRESS THAT FRONT FORK. If it's not compressed good enough, you'll lock up the front tire and just drag it and possibly crash. Also, make sure you're on a good, LEVEL, surface. If it's crooked, you'll either crash or you'll feel the bike want to turn -eyed on you in the air. So when the back somes donw, it will be somewhere other that where you wanted it, thus causeing a lay-down. This happens a lot.

When i got my bike i couldn't do any wheelies due to the breakin period, so by the time i had it broken in, i had my stoppies mastered pretty good. Now i can roll them for a little bit and im workin on 180's. Oh, did i already say i LOVE stoppies?
, i coulda wrote a book by now. :laughing6: :laughing6:
Old 08-01-2005, 05:47 PM   #32
r6racer187

Send a message via Yahoo to r6racer187

just throw the legs up un the tank and do spreaders, my look like but squids think it looks cool. thats all that maters.
right:
Old 09-06-2005, 01:35 AM   #33
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

yours do look like yeah i got the "Cardwell" Spreaders on lock
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:40 AM   #34
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Send a message via AIM to KiNG $h!T

gotta try this :biggthumpup:
KiNG $h!T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:03 PM   #35
The Menace
We Fly HI

Bike(s):
CR250,CR450,Kx125 Fmx out, and 2 50's 1 real 1 knock off

ill do it and 20 bucks says i eat major sht to but you know what i still get up and do it again and wont leave till i get it even if it takes all night bike gets out next week.. hint hint you know who im talking about
The Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:38 PM   #36
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

pimp i tried it today and i think i actually like the feel of it.. makes me feel more balanced
Old 09-07-2005, 12:04 AM   #37
King Cobra
Army Paratrooper

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
01 929rr
06 F4i
00 F4

that is the technique but when you go to press bounce on the seat it makes it come up easier and uses less break so you can go longer.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:50 PM   #38
BOOSTonU

man.....im gettin some good tips here.....i was the same way when I first got my bike....since I was breakin mine in....first thing I learned to do were stoppies.....a couple of my friends that I talked to told me that stoppies are harder than wheelies.....well I was always to scared to do wheelies....im just now gettin a lil better at them but still won't stand up.....i just keep thinkin that I'm gonna go to far back....but as for stoppies.....i think they are so much easier....in the last couple of weeks I've been gettin better in distance......its all in how u control that brake pedal....as soon as u feel like the bike is going to far up....let go of that brake...theres more of a chance that ull come back down with a lil unbalance than flipping over...and lock those knees...i busted my nutz so hard once in the first days I was practicing that I had to put the bike up and lay down for the rest of the day.....now as for wheelies....any tips that yall can give me so I can hold it up longer....i can bring it up in 2nd by clutching it....ill keep it up for less than 3 seconds though...wats the trick or tip to actually keeping that front wheel up in the air...keep in mind that I'm still a p***y and a bit scared bout standing up.....but if standing up is the way then ill practice more.....but I would like to hear some tips from the pro's
BOOSTonU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:18 PM   #39
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTonU
man.....im gettin some good tips here.....i was the same way when I first got my bike....since I was breakin mine in....first thing I learned to do were stoppies.....a couple of my friends that I talked to told me that stoppies are harder than wheelies.....well I was always to scared to do wheelies....im just now gettin a lil better at them but still won't stand up.....i just keep thinkin that I'm gonna go to far back....but as for stoppies.....i think they are so much easier....in the last couple of weeks I've been gettin better in distance......its all in how u control that brake pedal....as soon as u feel like the bike is going to far up....let go of that brake...theres more of a chance that ull come back down with a lil unbalance than flipping over...and lock those knees...i busted my nutz so hard once in the first days I was practicing that I had to put the bike up and lay down for the rest of the day.....now as for wheelies....any tips that yall can give me so I can hold it up longer....i can bring it up in 2nd by clutching it....ill keep it up for less than 3 seconds though...wats the trick or tip to actually keeping that front wheel up in the air...keep in mind that I'm still a p***y and a bit scared bout standing up.....but if standing up is the way then ill practice more.....but I would like to hear some tips from the pro's

thats a long post. but the key is getting comfortable to get teh bike high enough to find the balance point then you can begin to ride them out further and further
Old 09-08-2005, 03:42 PM   #40
BOOSTonU

well I just read the article in the how to do wheelies section and I got a lot of great info from there...now tje part I have a question about is the balance point to ride a long wheelie.....from the people I talked to...i heard that the balance point on an 05 R6 is at almost 12 o'clock.....but don..for yall that no him(04 blue R1) whenever he drives his wifes 05 R6, he says he'll hold those wheelies up witjh no prob and doesn't really notice the balance point.....so I think I'm gonna go and practice with him a bit too see if I can get some pointers....
BOOSTonU is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement