MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #21
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
Yes it is.

Now get that thing mapped and drop a tooth on front sprocket.....and it is a MEAN BIKE.

THe gearing is perfection one tooth lower. Try it and you will love it.

Mine now wants to get the front end light in EVERY GEAR. When you get into the last 20% of the RPM's where the extra wire mod HP come from....hold on for dear life...and it makes you want to kiss the Kawasaki Engineers for TC on the bike.

Question: Is it my imagination or is there just a little more pep running the bike Full Power and no TC vs. Full Power and TC mode 1 turned on?
I mean before TC kicks in and keeps the front wheel down. I may be hallucinating but if feels beefier w/o TC mode 1 turned on.
Oh Yeah....me you and Dude need to get a ZX10 meet and ride going!
Kawi representing!
ArmyApe picked his PCV up from the dealer and they loaded a generic slip on map to it. Yesterday he was telling me about some "gurgling" issues he was having around 6k rpms, so after we did the wire mod we hooked the bikes up to the computer and I shared my Ivan's map with him. Ivan spec'd that map out according to my mods, and guess what...Ape has the same mods as well. It seemed to fix the problem. You shoulda seen the look on his face, he about jumped out of his boots he was so excited.

16T will definitely do it. But not good enough for me. My chain is all kinked at 15k miles so this morning I ordered a 520 DID ERV3 and -1/+2

For me,TC off 95% of the time when I ride on the street in dry conditions. I tried using TC1 and 2 when I raced Jimmy's HP4 Friday afternoon in Mexico...60 mph roll and still wheelied in second gear around 10k RPMS...
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #22
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled
 
tiatool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gunspoint
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 8,688

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100





Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyApe View Post
I am... I am...


image zps7df8abd2
__________________
sbmsafesig
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #23
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
images 1 zpsdbf56f8d
Oh, so you ride a Yamaha...

You must suck a lot of .

Am I doing this meme right?
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #24
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled
 
tiatool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gunspoint
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 8,688

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100





Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Oh, so you ride a Yamaha...

You must suck a lot of .

Am I doing this meme right?
You would know..... Riding around on a kawaSUKI

Common Gary. That was just too easy.


__________________
sbmsafesig
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #25
Blanco
BORC O.G.
 
Blanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,075

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
You would know..... Riding around on a kawaSUKI

Common Gary. That was just too easy.


Hmmm 08 Raven vs ZX10R......Yeah the 08 Raven is better
__________________
Consigliere
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #26
The Hulk
Smash
 
The Hulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 983

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 ZX10R




Member Garage





ArmyApe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
Hmmm 08 Raven vs ZX10R......Yeah the 08 Raven is better
Love the sarcasm lol
__________________
Jerry
The Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #27
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins
 
ArmyApe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Rosenberg
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 977

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)



Member Garage





Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
ArmyApe picked his PCV up from the dealer and they loaded a generic slip on map to it. Yesterday he was telling me about some "gurgling" issues he was having around 6k rpms, so after we did the wire mod we hooked the bikes up to the computer and I shared my Ivan's map with him. Ivan spec'd that map out according to my mods, and guess what...Ape has the same mods as well. It seemed to fix the problem. You shoulda seen the look on his face, he about jumped out of his boots he was so excited.
He's not kidding. I was giggling and laughing manically the whole way home.
__________________
Now, if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish...
Except an Apache helicopter. An Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry, an absolute death machine.
ArmyApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #28
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins
 
ArmyApe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Rosenberg
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 977

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)



Member Garage





Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
So, now that I've had the opportunity to ride with no restrictions and a PC V map that actually works with my bike, here's a review of sorts.

It's smoother. Ssoooo much smoother, the throttle glides through varying levels of torque and revs per minute over bumps as smoothly as it does over well-worn freeway. Acceleration is more responsive from beginning to end and there's no more fear of suddenly losing half my power just because I had to accelerate around an 18 wheeler. I don't know if it's just me, but it also seems to vibrate less

The hardest part about explaining the difference is that I'm trying to explain that it now moves that way it was MEANT to move, which many bikes already do. Major thanks to Gary for all the help!
__________________
Now, if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish...
Except an Apache helicopter. An Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry, an absolute death machine.
ArmyApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #29
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyApe View Post
So, now that I've had the opportunity to ride with no restrictions and a PC V map that actually works with my bike, here's a review of sorts.

It's smoother. Ssoooo much smoother, the throttle glides through varying levels of torque and revs per minute over bumps as smoothly as it does over well-worn freeway. Acceleration is more responsive from beginning to end and there's no more fear of suddenly losing half my power just because I had to accelerate around an 18 wheeler. I don't know if it's just me, but it also seems to vibrate less

The hardest part about explaining the difference is that I'm trying to explain that it now moves that way it was MEANT to move, which many bikes already do. Major thanks to Gary for all the help!
Glad it all worked out. We'll have to ride sometime.

Throw a 16T sprocket and a Rifleman 1/5th throttle insert on and you will love it even more
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy