MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007, 08:38 AM   #1
bigjay77

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01 yzf-r6 painters tape edition, 98 superhawk 996

Send a message via Yahoo to bigjay77
Not if, but when...

not a question of if but when you take fall, so yesterday after a nice 200 mile trip from 762 to galveston, getting lost and all we make it home, my buddy and i. we rest a lil then get ready to drop off a bike, we go to get something from his house (5min away) i turn back mid way cuz i didnt need to go, so i riding down Wayside and approach Long drive, my light is green, left turnig lane light is yellow, i slow to cross the intersection, theres 2 cars in the tuning lane (1 truck behind a car) i approach them thinking ok oneis going to pop out but they dont.....until i get past the rear bumper of the truck, dude guns it then pops out hitting me with the front of his truck, all i could do is wait for the impact and bam i feel it, next thing i feel is the asphalt grinding my left arm,shoulder and head, i stop sliding and wait for a second car to hit me, nothing so i jump up scan look for bike ( its still rolling crossing median) then i look for the truck, get this, dude didnt even slow down just hauled , i end up with damaged gear gloves jacket helmet, and my bike rolls over that median hits the next curb falls in a grassy patch, no more damage than slight twist in the triple it still tracks great, i just cant believe the dude hit me and hauled ....ppl at the gas station saw a bike no rider pass by... and the cop thats was there went looking for a 95ish chevy black extended cab stepside but he got away....
im happy to be alive and my bike is ok
oh yeah i took the msf, and i think i counter steered but i wasnt ready to turn with the bike so i fell off it but i know that dude hit me too, then the bike rolled at a 45 deg from the direction i was going
eh ..... im still gonna ride though i dont think i did anything wrong i would doit the same
you guys be safe wear your gear

Last edited by bigjay77; 03-05-2007 at 09:03 AM.
bigjay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2007, 08:52 AM   #2
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

bad area to be riding. fuked up streets and people who dont know how to drive. do u have ins? jacket? just be glad you're okay.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

dang glad ur ok
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #4
bigjay77

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha429
bad area to be riding. fuked up streets and people who dont know how to drive. do u have ins? jacket? just be glad you're okay.
yeah ppl cant drive in this area but i live and work within 2 min of this intersection so i have to ride here, ins, yes jacket yes its torn on the shoulder and forearm, my glove got ground almost thru the carbon knuckle guard, all in all the gear saved my skin my shoulder is sore and my knee has scrapes, pants got torn too
not gonna use ins. cuz bike is no worse than it was it still needs a paint job but it didnt hit or damage anything, theres rub marks where the truck hit me/bike on he upper side fairing, and im gonna straighten the fork but its very minimal twist
once again you guys be careful i been riding for 1.5 yrs first thing to happen to me cept 2 drops in te drive way on my other bike

Last edited by bigjay77; 03-05-2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:14 AM   #5
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

i live near the bellfort and broadway intersection, people around here don't know how to yield or have ever heard of right of way. i ride very defensively until i get on the fwy. its good to hear the gear did its job. is the ins full coverage? how bad is the bike? ins will cover the gear too, fyi.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:22 AM   #6
bigjay77

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha429
its good to hear the gear did its job. is the ins full coverage? how bad is the bike? ins will cover the gear too, fyi.
im not gonna raise my premium, plus i got nothing on the other driver ill fix/ paint bike like i was gonna do ( i needed a paint job before still does) and buy new gear , the way i see it i won this battle im alive
Old 03-05-2007, 09:53 AM   #7
therky42

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 VTX 1300C, YZ 250

glad to hear your ok, sucks to hear about/have happen!
Old 03-05-2007, 10:52 AM   #8
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
glad to hear you are OK
Old 03-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #9
SVmike
nuthin'

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Send a message via AIM to SVmike
, glad you're okay. Did anybody get the truck's plate number? I believe there are a couple of board members who would track it down for you.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:17 AM   #10
Ulric
Dirty Old

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

If nothing else, put some flyers up asking if anyone witnessed a
Hit-N-Run involving a motorycle. You might luck ou and someone got the the plate.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:40 PM   #11
bigjay77

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVmike
, glad you're okay. Did anybody get the truck's plate number? I believe there are a couple of board members who would track it down for you.
guess what i found the truck that hit me!!!!..it belongs to someone who visits a neighbor about 10 houses down my block, i role up to it to check it out and theres a dent where i hit the front quarter and the bumper rubbed my fairing, the hard in dention where the clipons creased the fender, ppl out side where like "nah my aunt didnt hit u, theres alota trucks like this" im like yeah alot with this exact damage besides it was a guy driving, girl passenger and a guy in the cab, so i got a pic of the plate what now, i went to the station and the cops like fill this out and mail it to Austin, is that the only route they have for accidents? what else can i do, i need the plate run, maybe some better justice besides this slow system we have
Old 03-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #12
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

let me know how this 1 turns out. if my bro wasnt on vacation id get him to run the plates for you. (HPD)
DanteLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:55 PM   #13
bigjay77

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLee
let me know how this 1 turns out. if my bro wasnt on vacation id get him to run the plates for you. (HPD)
yeah i dont know what else to do i want fast track cop work, maybe a lawyer,
but these ppl that were out side were ghettofide hispanics, and retaliantion(sp) is a sure thing,
Old 03-06-2007, 12:18 AM   #14
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

. that sucks dude.. glad your ok.

bikes are replaceable bigjays are not
Old 03-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #15
SVmike
nuthin'

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Send a message via AIM to SVmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjay77
guess what i found the truck that hit me!!!!..it belongs to someone who visits a neighbor about 10 houses down my block, i role up to it to check it out and theres a dent where i hit the front quarter and the bumper rubbed my fairing, the hard in dention where the clipons creased the fender, ppl out side where like "nah my aunt didnt hit u, theres alota trucks like this" im like yeah alot with this exact damage besides it was a guy driving, girl passenger and a guy in the cab, so i got a pic of the plate what now, i went to the station and the cops like fill this out and mail it to Austin, is that the only route they have for accidents? what else can i do, i need the plate run, maybe some better justice besides this slow system we have
I hope you get something good out of this. I really don't know what to do beyond finding the info and filing a report with the police. Talking to a lawyer would be the next step I suppose. Other than that just hope karma bites the who hit you.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #16
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjay77
Isn't that a hit and run? Why didn't the officer fill out a report there?
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:31 AM   #17
bigjay77

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
Isn't that a hit and run? Why didn't the officer fill out a report there?
yes it is and at the time i was happy estatic euphoric etc that i was alive and the bike only had a slight twist in the forks which i fixed last night, cop asked me well fill it out or not ur kinda ok ur bike only has grass stains and it started once the bowls were full again,
so say it im never gonna se that truck again they left the scene and i had nothing but a description of the truck..., i got out of this one alive and well (gear did its .job) once again maybe stupid not to fill it out but i was happy to be alive
im still gonna fill one im just i themiddle of foreseeing the out cme of the law route of action, if thats not enough karma is gonna get them soon
Old 03-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #18
Htown1000
Bleed the Block

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Red and Black Gixxer 1000

Glad your ok bro !!!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #19
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

I hate people like this. Almost got hit today on the way to Motorcycles Unlimited with my girl on the back. Got off at the exit and as im coming up to the light, the lane turns into 2 lanes and the crazy driving behind me decides she is going to gun it and try to squeeze by me when i was already in the lane with the right of way. Then, she honks her horn at me like i did something wrong! My girl said she was about 6"-10" from her leg with her fender. I swear, people like this need to lose their license!! The rest of the ride was good but alot of traffic. I just couldnt believe this lady!!

Anyways man, just thought id share my story. Glad to hear your ok and the bike is still good. People like this suck!!
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement