MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2007, 11:56 PM   #21
xtnomad

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
TY 350 Mono,XL500S (SOLD),VX800 (SOLD) Triumph ST(SOLD)

Wanted to be there But looks like mnovell got some great shots.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Noobday MSR-H Pictures Faylaricia Taking it to the Track 33 08-15-2007 09:30 PM
NOOBDay 3/3 Trackday roll call houseofpaint Taking it to the Track 32 02-15-2007 10:34 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2007, 09:19 AM   #22
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Was someone life flighted out of there?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #23
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Yep! I think Tae said he would be fine, he just couldn't remember anything past the morning!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:11 AM   #24
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Glad to hear you guys had fun and that evreyone who went down is ok. 50 were are some pics?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #25
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Good bunch of folks out there yesterday, Great weather and everyone looked like they learned a lot.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #26
OJgsxr

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2002 GSXR 750
2008 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to OJgsxr
Well I was one of the guys that wrecked 2 times. First time around the track I ran off in the first turn at the buss stop. That wasn't too bad just grabbed too much brake and stopped in the dirt and fell over. The second wreck was a highside in the keyhole. I still don't remember this one and would appreciate if anyone had any video or saw it to help me fill in the gaps. Long story short I am fine no bruses or even scratches (I was lucky as all ).

I still don't know the condition of the bike but I am going to take a hiatus for a while from riding. I have to figure out how I let myself get into a situation where I would highside. I don't consider myself a crazy rider and I didn't feel like I was riding out of control but I definitely need to sit and think about this for a long while.
OJgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #27
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJgsxr
Well I was one of the guys that wrecked 2 times. First time around the track I ran off in the first turn at the buss stop. That wasn't too bad just grabbed too much brake and stopped in the dirt and fell over. The second wreck was a highside in the keyhole. I still don't remember this one and would appreciate if anyone had any video or saw it to help me fill in the gaps. Long story short I am fine no bruses or even scratches (I was lucky as all ).

I still don't know the condition of the bike but I am going to take a hiatus for a while from riding. I have to figure out how I let myself get into a situation where I would highside. I don't consider myself a crazy rider and I didn't feel like I was riding out of control but I definitely need to sit and think about this for a long while.
Glad your ok, and your doing the smart thing and trying to figure out what you did wrong.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:58 AM   #28
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
Glad your ok, and your doing the smart thing and trying to figure out what you did wrong.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:04 AM   #29
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Quote:

really glad you're ok.
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #30
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
OJGsxr glad to hear you were ok.
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #31
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:

What kind of tires where you running? What pressure where you running in those tires? Take look at the tire and see if it spun up on you and then think about how heavey your hand is on the throttle.

Glad your okay!

Old 03-04-2007, 11:15 AM   #32
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Any updates on the life flighted rider?

Old 03-04-2007, 11:16 AM   #33
OJgsxr

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2002 GSXR 750
2008 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to OJgsxr
Pilot Powers front was at 30 back was at 29. I remember doing the keyhole many times and it was probably my favorite turn at the track. I did hug the inside quite a bit so I wonder if it went a little too far inside?? Tae said it was probably due to throttle control as well so maybe it was that. Hopefully someone was around to see it so I can fill in my memory. The only time period I am missing now is from the wreck to being in the helicopter.
OJgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:17 AM   #34
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Pilot Powers front was at 30 back was at 29. I remember doing the keyhole many times and it was probably my favorite turn at the track. I did hug the inside quite a bit so I wonder if it went a little too far inside?? Tae said it was probably due to throttle control as well so maybe it was that. Hopefully someone was around to see it so I can fill in my memory. The only time period I am missing now is from the wreck to being in the helicopter.

I am glad you are OK.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #35
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Any updates on the life flighted rider?

Quote:
The only time period I am missing now is from the wreck to being in the helicopter.
i saw Jay in the car, on the freeway when i was going home. i'm glad you made it okay. when i heard it was you that got life flighted, i couldn't believe it. :confused2

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:35 AM   #36
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Take a look at the side of your tire and see if there are signs of the spin and slide on it. If so you may have gotten a little comfy with the corner and got on the gas harder then usual.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #37
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Glad to hear you're ok OJ. Just talked to Jon and he's doinig well too, just a broken finger. I would guess that as you were exitiing the keyhole and making the flop for the right hander you got a bit too much throttle there. The right hander before the launch is VERY off camber and decieving. Between the camber and the sealer there it is quite easy to break it loose, especially if you're getting comfy and happy and starting to push. There is also a good bump where the concrete patch ends that can break you loose if you're off line and rolling on the gas. The 750' just as hard as the 1k's in the low and mid range, so camber, sealer,and HP would be a viable senario. Glad Tae talked you into the good helmet!!!

Good post Tony on staying on line. It becomes obvious on NOOB days when you see people struggling W/T1, T4-6, T7, and my favorite, the triple apex method to T16-17. Street fast and track fast are indeed different. Streets have lots of clues, signs, markers, and warnings. On the track you are looking at a blank slate where you need to draw your own marks for braking, apex, accceleration and so on. This requires a lot more focus despite fewer hazards. I saw some fantastic progress in most of the riders yesterday.

HUGE PROPS to the ladies for some great rides. Smooth as butter and consistent lap after lap. No ego makes learning so much easier, and you all did FANTASTIC!!! The guys could learn something from all of you. Well done.

Last edited by Buck Beasley; 03-04-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #38
level5
moving chicane

Glad everyone had a good time and learn something at the track.
Imagine that you were doing this in the street without the proper gear.
Does this makes you think twice about riding fast on the street?
Spread the word.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:26 PM   #39
maskale

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
Imagine that you were doing this in the street without the proper gear. Does this makes you think twice about riding fast on the street?
Spread the word.

Never been down on the street. Back in Jan I went down on the track, it was not that bad, lowsided and slid/rolled off the track. If that would have happened on the street I would not have had all my gear on ie. full leathers and boots, I would have ended up with some nasty road rash and maybe more. +1 for gear and trackdays.

I was sold after my first trackday, it only took one and I was hooked. Turned my bike into a track bike before my second day.
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:26 PM   #40
K-La

Bike(s):
'06 CBR 600 RR

Hey all! my first track day was a blast....I think i'm in love, with the tack that is hahahaha, it was so much more than I expected and worth every penny I leaned a lot, and enjoyed every second of it. I want to say thank you to everybody there that helped me out... it's greatly appriciated!!! if it weren't for ya'll I wouln't have even been able to get out there!!! I can't wait to do it again!!!! The track is bad !!! All us ladies that were there rocked we need to do another one togther!!!
Had tons of fun!!!!
K-La is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement