MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #61
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Rear Ending Cop on Admin. Leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Police are rarely there when things go south. They show up after the fact to collect the pieces.
Or show up right behind me when my inspection sticker is expired!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Las Vegas Cop Rear-ends a Motorcycle, Then Blames the Rider tripspeed General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 08-30-2014 09:09 PM
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
rear pegs....take them off or leave on limp ninja General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 11-22-2009 01:24 PM
Bike cop rear ended me eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 06-17-2009 06:42 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #62
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Rear Ending Cop on Admin. Leave.

Also the cop did not have to report the accident. But he has to report that he basically pulled him over.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #63
Jesse H

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 Harley Road King

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLF Brain View Post
Jesse, review the Instructions to Police for Reporting Accidents, CR-100. No damage, no injury, no reportable accident. Now your department may have policies that require you to make a report for a non-reportable bump, and that's fine, but not every department does.

This was NOT a reportable accident, rookie. His actions were NOT improper influence if a report is NOT required.

You cannot file charges for a policy violation. Policies are NOT laws!
Settle down old head. I may not have 30 years on the job but I'm far from a rookie. I've got supervisors that I've trained.

I only saw the video so I'm not going to arm chair QB too much. Which means I can't tell if there was or wasn't any damage. I'm also far from being the admin/IA sort of officer but any cop with any sort of integrity would have the decency to apologize and use some common sense to cover his own and call out a supervisor.

Reportable or not it was an accident and I'm sure most agencies have policy in place that would at least require supervisor notification. Reportable or not it was still following too closely or fail to control speed would've been applicable charges, in Texas. Since it didn't happen in Texas or any one of us that's why I posted, if this had happened to me..

But it wouldn't have because I don't have a problem owning up to my screwups and taking my chewings.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #64
SwimguyZ1000

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2003 z1000

Quote:
(awaits for all videos/personal knowledge of "killers" still working ).....
I am sure they are out there just don't really want to do the research for this. I am sure you have google like I do.
SwimguyZ1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement