MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

TMGP Sprints 3-2-13 how did it go?

We had 12 new riders at the TMGP sprint races today.... 8 of them are posters on houston area forums..so my question to y'all who sprinted today is How did it go for you? How did you like TMGP racing?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TMGP Denton 4-27&28-13 obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 32 04-27-2013 09:53 AM
TMGP 4-27/28-13 in Denton, roll call obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 8 03-15-2013 05:32 AM
TMGP Round 1 at Katy March 12/13 Bagwell Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 67 03-14-2011 10:19 AM
2010 TMGP FOR NOOBS M&G 2/13/10 FastLine Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 77 02-14-2010 12:57 PM
TMGP - Sept 13 / 14 Denton Cancelled. Oskar_Z28 Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 12 09-10-2008 07:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
bluepine

Feedback Rating: (0)

It was so cold this morning! and crashed twice during practice in the morning. The track felt like ice rink with my worn and cold tires. The races got delayed due to rider's school among other things, and needed to leave early for work. While waiting for the first race, was feeling like leaving due to feeling little under the weather, and the pain from the crashes.
Finally get to do the first race. And the whole scenario changed for me. Didnt care the cold weather nor the pain. Wanted to race again. This thing is insanely addictive. I had to tip toe on the turns, and was extra careful due to lack of traction on my tires, but managed to finish top 7 on all 3 races. Had to leave by 3.30 due to work, but stayed for an extra race and left early leaving 3 races i already paid on the table. I still have a huge smile on my face, and wont be able to erase it for a while.
What an awesome way of getting mentally re-energized after an hectic week of work!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
joeybaila

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 3 years

2010 too fiddy

another coming soon....

Ok, yes the weather was crazy cold and crazy windy out there. Even with sunny skies all day, the temp when we practiced was probably 45degrees. and probably only 49/50 when at the heat of the day. Track was very slick, but everyone had to deal with the conditions. So its all good.
i raced 5 races. and two races were way out of my bikes league, but I didn't care, just wanted more seat time, and race time.

here are my results for my races
Motard- 7th out of 11
F7 novice- 11 out of 14
F6 novice- 7 out of 12
F5 novice- 8 out of 8
Superbike- 8 out of 13.

Talk about a blast. can't wait until the next race in Denton.!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
joeybaila

Experience: 3 years

2010 too fiddy

another coming soon....

I would like to say that all the racers of the TMPG are awesome. Always willing to help with whatever you need help with.

And I would like to give a big thank you to OBED for being so awesome, Thanks to Obed there were at least 8 of us there today that would have not been there if it had not been for him. SO thank you OBED< keep up the promoting you TMPG pimp
Old 03-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

It was a blast!! The morning was freezing, and the weather did not want to cooperate all day. The track never came in. my rear was loose the whole day making it really hard to carry good entrance speed.. So I had to go in slower then normal and come out fast. Practice was good and I managed to not fall down, even though I had some big slides. Once I turned about 6 laps or so I started to get more confidence in the tire so I could push harder. We were strapped for time so the races were cut down to 6 laps.......go figure lol. My first race was motard novice. We lined up and the green was dropped. I got a good launch and was able to get in 2nd place coming out of turn 1. My tires were sliding the entire way around the turn.....ice cold tires, no warm up lap. I approached turn 2and out of no where I lost the rear....!! I got up did a quick inspection and push started the bike. I looked up the track and I was already way far back from the 2nd to last person since I was dead last. damnit 2nd place to last in tbe blink of an eye. ok im not about to give up. I started pushing a little harder and i made a few passes and i finished 6th. Not to bad for having just crashed and start my bike again and play catch up for 6 laps. ok second race was f5 novice. I finished this race 3rd place.....without crashing this time....lol My 3rd race was unlimited.......so I had no idea this was a mix of novice and experts...... I finished this one 7th. My last race was backwards novice. I got a really good holeshot and pulled in the front of the pack into 1st. I managed to keep stece behind me most the race......but he was steady ahowing me his bright orange wheel.......freaking taunting me. I knew I wasnt going to be able to shake him so all I could do is not leave myself open for a pass. Of course I did this well until the last turn where i now not only saw his bright wheel but could see every inch of his bike and body. We came out of the last turn and he got underneath me. I was near leaning my head against his shoulder........sooooo freaking close!!!!. He drove me wide on exit and I was using every inch of that asphault. I was able to keep the bike on the track and get a good drive across the finish. Holy I took 1st!!! Steve is a fighter and a blast to ride with. We had a few really close calls duking it out throughout the day. I forgot to mention carlos. during the f5 race we had a really good battle. He was steady on my tail the entire race. He kept passing me at the end of the straight and I would hold on for dear life and late brake the out of the bike because I knew if he got under me there was no passing him. Overall I had a blast!!! Mike you are a great promoter of TMGP!! Thanks for talking us into this.....keep up the good work!! Mark and joey I had a blast as usual hanging out with yall in the pits!! Joey thnx for taking my bike to tech while I was in riders school that gave me more time to practice. Travis you are a beast on that gp bike you were looking good out there man!!! congrats on the podium!
QUICKGIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #6
Deano3090
Dino Racing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2012 YZF-R1 - (Race)
2009 GSXR 750 - (Race)
2007 GSXR 750 - (Race)
2003 CRF450 Motard (Race)
2005 CRF100 Motard (Race)

I don't think I have ever seen so many crashes at a TMGP race.

That was the slickest I've ever experienced it at the GCK track. I've practiced in lower temps before, so I'm not sure why it was so slick. Maybe the wind?

I didn't have any crashes, but came close multiple times... especially the F6 heavyweight race when realized my front tire was flat after almost crashing in every corner.

My end results were:

Superbike: 1st
F7 Expert: 3rd
F6 Expert: 3rd
F7 Heavyweight: 3rd
F6 heavyweight: DNF (pulled off track with flat)
Backwards Expert: DNS (missed due to flat)

Even with the conditions, I still had a great time.

I hope to see everyone at the next race.
www.SCRaceCenter.com - www.P-1Race.com - www.DNPAmericas.com - www.GoPro.com
www.amsoil.com - www.racerglovesusa.com - www.VPRacingFuels.com - www.SidiSport.com
Deano3090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
tsflstb

Feedback Rating: (2)

Not my best results in sprints. I got a 2nd and a 3rd and a few 5ths and 6ths and had a good time dicing with the new novices...all of you guys have gotten up to speed in no time. You could tell the guys who have more dirt bike experience because they didn't seem to mind sliding all over.

Hopefully the track conditions Saturday don't discourage any of the new guys. Like Dean said it was unusually bad...you just couldn't get tires up to temperature.

The track was much better for endurance today. Most folks were running 5-6 seconds a lap faster than yesterday and there were just a couple of crashes.
tsflstb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Never had a better time on a bike! Had an awesome time, think I managed a 4th in f7 novice and 7th in the 16th race. Videos to come !
TomballD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #9
dankosh
Ride, just ride.

Bike(s):
04 NSR50R
01 XR100R
2005 CRF50 STUNT

What a great time! I had a blast! Thank you to everybody that helped me and offered advice. I wasn't sure I was ready for real track action after 2 days total of practice. My first race was MiniGP 50 and it was the second race of the day. I had been watching bikes go down in practice all day so I knew I would have to tone it down some. I signed up for 4 races and was on pole for the first three of them. Sitting at the start line I said to myself this is the coolest ever, then the flag dropped and my front end lifted as I tried to be the first into turn one, I settled for being number 2 as the thought of cold tires rushed through my head again, once I made it through turn 2 I had to correct myself because this was the coolest ever. I finished third and was totally stoked about it. The rest of the day was just as fun. I learned a lot and can't wait till next time. I will be looking forward to getting some more practice in before Denton. I'd like to especially thank Hector and Obed you guys really helped me out.
dankosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #10
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

as has been mentioned, the wind and temperature combination made for lousy track conditions and there were lots of crashes...but the only thing that got hurt was pride...NO injuries...
My personal experience was one of getting spanked...I entered the open motard knowing i did not have a chance in , I rode my F7 bike... giving me the least horse power and the most weight of anybody in that race.. my goal was simply to not get lapped, I made it... by a few feet...

The F7 novice race was a race that i thought I had a chance at a podium, but it was not to be... I drew the last spot in the rear of the grid and got a decent start passing about 6 riders going into turn 1...coming out of turn 1 i was behind two slower bikes riding side by side... no room to get around them.. stayed that way for two laps... then they seperated a bit and i got by one and was on the tail of the other...the leaders were steadily pulling away...coming out of turn one into turn two a rider slipped and went sideways in front of me, it was tag him or run off, i ran off into the grass.. kept it up and slowed down, looked over my sholder to see if it was clear to get back on and shifted into a false nuetral and had to hit the lever a couple of times to get back into gear...most everyone passed me while that was going on... I think I finished 3rd from last but don't know for sure... too disgusted to go check the list...as bad as that sounds, it was pure fun... loved it...
Some of the new riders are really off to a great start...
Thanks to bluepine and joey for joining me in loaning bikes to the boys from A&M so they could get their riders school and sprints in to be able to endurance...
it was a really great weekend and the track conditions for endurance made up for how bad it was saturday...
we need for some of the new riders who did sprints to get together and form up some endurance teams...
looking forward to seeing how the new riders like denton, whole nuther style track.

Last edited by obed; 03-04-2013 at 08:08 AM.
obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #11
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Track was super slick on Saturday, I have practiced out there so many time in the cold and never experienced the track to be that slick before.. It was good to see all the new guys out there, I hope they all had fun despite the conditions and don’t get discouraged.

On Saturday I struggled with grip all day aswell and only managed out of 8 races to get one 3rd place, all the rest were 4ths & 5ths. Was leading the superbike race and managed to wreck on the second lap to find myself in last place but picked it up and managed to get I think a 5th place out of 13 riders. I had hoped for a better results for my first time to be running expert but it’s okay, I got all yr, lol..

For the endurance race on Sunday…You guys missed out, the track was so much better, everyone was still running a little slower pace but compared to Saturday I think everyone picked up 5-6 sec like Steve said. It was our teams first yr in expert aswell and we were battling for 3rd place back and forth, the whole race we were never more than 2 laps up or down on each other to end the race on the same lap right behind them. I think we could have done better but the shock blew out the seal and was leaking oil down onto the rear tire and of course it had to happen half way into my stint, lol but we only had alittle over an hr left so I finished my stint, felt for my teammate that finished the race but he did a good job and bought it home. It made for an interesting ride though, tire sliding all over the place and bucking like a horse at any little input of the throttle.

Until the next race
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #12
Bagwell

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
Various Equipment for various uses.
Dirt, Street, Track, Dual Sport, I like em all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
Track was super slick on Saturday, I have practiced out there so many time in the cold and never experienced the track to be that slick before.. It was good to see all the new guys out there, I hope they all had fun despite the conditions and don’t get discouraged.

On Saturday I struggled with grip all day aswell and only managed out of 8 races to get one 3rd place, all the rest were 4ths & 5ths. Was leading the superbike race and managed to wreck on the second lap to find myself in last place but picked it up and managed to get I think a 5th place out of 13 riders. I had hoped for a better results for my first time to be running expert but it’s okay, I got all yr, lol..

For the endurance race on Sunday…You guys missed out, the track was so much better, everyone was still running a little slower pace but compared to Saturday I think everyone picked up 5-6 sec like Steve said. It was our teams first yr in expert aswell and we were battling for 3rd place back and forth, the whole race we were never more than 2 laps up or down on each other to end the race on the same lap right behind them. I think we could have done better but the shock blew out the seal and was leaking oil down onto the rear tire and of course it had to happen half way into my stint, lol but we only had alittle over an hr left so I finished my stint, felt for my teammate that finished the race but he did a good job and bought it home. It made for an interesting ride though, tire sliding all over the place and bucking like a horse at any little input of the throttle.

Until the next race
You guys did the team proud by sticking it out when we had no other choice. Its amazing we finished on the same lap with the shock in that condition. Good Job!

#104 I Just Wanna Ride TMGP Endurance Team
Bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement