MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #1
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Mug Shot

So, back in May 2005 I was riding home from work, less than a block from the office when a nice gentleman decides waiting for me to clear the intersection was just too long to wait. He turns left just as my bike enters the interection. I have nowhere to go and no time to do anything but jump straight up and go for a quick flight. 3 flips and about 45 ft. later Im on the ground. I regain my composure and despite the newly formed crowd of people telling me to stay down and dont move, I pop right up.(later to find out Ive severed 2 ligaments on my spine in my neck). Why did I pop right up so quickly? Well, to be quite honest, I was about to hit this guy in the mouth with my helmet. BUT I look around and hes gone. Drove off.
So, as i wait for the cops Im looking at my 5 month old GSXR1000 Mladin laying crumpled and totalled on the ground. Its thick petroleum blood leaking profusely onto the ground.
Well, he didnt quite get away scot-free. Another bike (thanks again whoever you are) chased him down and reported his whereabouts to the cops.
He had gone about a mile down the road and was hiding in a shopping center. The cops show up and are amazed that Im okay after they look at the bike.
We follow the cops down the street to try and find this guy so they can talk to him and get me his insurance info. They went into one of the stores and dragged him out. As the cop was walking him back to the patrol car, the driver didnt notice I was sitting on the tailgate of my gf's truck and started telling the cop that I hit him and he did nothing wrong. Just as he was proclaiming his innocence, they cops rounds the bed of the truck and with a quick tug on the guys arm tells him, "sir, this is the gentleman you almost killed and then drove away from the scene. now, you're going to jail!"
So, long story short, the guy went to the clink and after like 8 months fighting against farmer's I got it all settled.

So, why the story about a wreck that happened almost 2 years ago?
Ill tell you why, because I was doing a search and happened on the Brazos County Jail website and did some poking around and...

Here's the guy when they booked him. Hope they treated him "right" in the pokey.(get it? pokey! HA! F*CKER!!!!!!)

click on "VIEW MUGSHOT"
http://justiceweb.co.brazos.tx.us/ju...%253D204458026

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mug Shot Pictures andre3k Off Topic 11 11-10-2008 11:43 AM
Post your mug! tonyt915 Off Topic 249 10-01-2008 08:04 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

hope he was some ones ""
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
TILLA THE KILLA

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R1
2000 Suzuki TLR 1000 (sold)

Send a message via MSN to TILLA THE KILLA
I hope they hot glued a mop to his head, and punched out all of his teeth so he can perform maximum oral pleasure!

Get Money
moneyinthebankc 2
TILLA THE KILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:21 PM   #4
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:26 PM   #5
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

They didn't charge him with leaving the scene of an accident?
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:39 PM   #6
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

They ended up charging him with an additional 2 counts: failure to stop and render aid, and failure to exchange information(i believe those were the official charges.) They just added these like a week later. Im a little fuzzy on alot of the details, all I got was a letter from the prosecutor's office after they settled everything out.
The charges on there are what he was booked on.
BUT he only served that initial 2 hours in jail, he paid like $1,200 in fines and got 5 years probation.

Khaki shirt.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #7
Longnguyen

the question is how much did farmers cut you a check for?
Longnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:44 PM   #8
dr.demento

Bike(s):
05/gsxr750

Send a message via ICQ to dr.demento
I was about to say the same thing. $2000 bond and a few hours in jail. He got off pretty easy.
dr.demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #9
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

actually, thats another funny story. I had pretty much the same accident in Dec. 2006 and totalled another bike when a driver turned left in front of me. She was a farmer's customer and I had a really cool agent and it went smoothly. On the second wreck, the one with the runner, I got the same adjuster. He also suggested that maybe I stop riding motorcycles, HA!
Anyway, farmer's screwed me pretty good.
The bike they cut me a check for in like a week, but only gave me about $1,500 less than what I paid for it. So i lost some on a new bike with 5 months and 3,200 miles on it.
THEN after my 12 weeks of physical therapy for my torn neck , They fought me tooth and nail over my injury claim.
I walked away from this about a year later without a bike, less cash than I started with and a injury i'll feel for life.and that was with a lawyer.

screw farmer's

Khaki shirt.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:46 AM   #10
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop
....I walked away from this about a year later without a bike, less cash than I started with and a injury i'll feel for life. and that was with a lawyer.

screw farmer's
maybe the lawyer screwed up/you? insurance companies are usually "quick to payout", because they would rather pay you an amount now...then have you try and come back for more and more.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:26 AM   #11
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TILLA THE KILLA
I hope they hot glued a mop to his head, and punched out all of his teeth so he can perform maximum oral pleasure!
hahahaaaaaaa
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #12
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
maybe the lawyer screwed up/you? insurance companies are usually "quick to payout", because they would rather pay you an amount now...then have you try and come back for more and more.
Oh yeah, my lawyer definitely screwed me a little but too. Not so much by doing anything wrong, but when the dust settled it was very clear that he didnt care and didnt work very hard for me.
But farmer's sucked.
I dont feel like going into all of it now, but they were dicks.

Khaki shirt.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:52 AM   #13
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Why do people insist on running if they hit someone?
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #14
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
BBBBBBB SSSSSSSSSSS................ins. companies jerk you around until you are so sore and tired you'll take anything. Soft tissue damage is worthless in court, it doesnt pay. Break a bone and they pay out the . Retarded isn't it? Sorry, to hear about your situation...that's a load of . That guy should be raped with a night stick, in public! But hopefully you are more forgiving than I am.
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #15
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub
Why do people insist on running if they hit someone?
Because they usually get away with it.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #16
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Shifer dude, they took down the link?
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #17
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop
actually, thats another funny story. I had pretty much the same accident in Dec. 2006 and totalled another bike when a driver turned left in front of me. She was a farmer's customer and I had a really cool agent and it went smoothly. On the second wreck, the one with the runner, I got the same adjuster. He also suggested that maybe I stop riding motorcycles, HA!
Anyway, farmer's screwed me pretty good.
The bike they cut me a check for in like a week, but only gave me about $1,500 less than what I paid for it. So i lost some on a new bike with 5 months and 3,200 miles on it.
THEN after my 12 weeks of physical therapy for my torn neck , They fought me tooth and nail over my injury claim.
I walked away from this about a year later without a bike, less cash than I started with and a injury i'll feel for life.and that was with a lawyer.

screw farmer's
a BAD lawyer I might add. no way mine would have allowed me to settle for less on my bike and no way I wouldnt have had a fat wallet when done with farmers. been there, done that, proven.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #18
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10
BBBBBBB SSSSSSSSSSS................ins. companies jerk you around until you are so sore and tired you'll take anything. Soft tissue damage is worthless in court, it doesnt pay. Break a bone and they pay out the . Retarded isn't it? Sorry, to hear about your situation...that's a load of . That guy should be raped with a night stick, in public! But hopefully you are more forgiving than I am.
not true at all.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:38 PM   #19
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

soft tissue damage is pretty worthless.
i got more for a broken tailbone from the first t-bone than i did for the ligaments torn in the second wreck.

Khaki shirt.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:25 PM   #20
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

link no workie
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement